Princess Amelia 3

Shots!

 

If she was badly missing Jessica these past couple of days, she’s definitely missing her even more now. How she wished the princess inside her sleepy girlfriend’s body wasn’t as talkative and didn’t have that much question.

 

The flight would’ve been peaceful if she didn’t make such a big fuss about everything. The princess asked about the lavatory and where the wastes go. Do they drop it from the sky? What if it falls on top of a house? She also had questions about the flight attendant. Why don’t they just leave you alone or who designed the atrocious outfit that they were wearing.

 

It was endless. She wanted to punch the girl and to knock her out but she couldn’t. If she did, she would’ve punched her Jessie’s pretty face. It was odd that she was more curious than scared though it was her first time to travel by air.

 

When they landed, Tiffany almost lost the princess and it was all because of the two midgets. They were lagging behind so Tiffany had to wait for them to catch up. The princess, on the other hand, kept walking thinking that the girls were still following her.

 

When Tiffany noticed that she was already out of sight, she told the two girls to say in that same exact spot while she looked for Amelia. She ran through the crowd of people in the terminal and has finally caught up with her.

 

“Jessica, geez! You need to wait for us!”

 

“A princess waits for no one and stop calling me Jessica. I am not going to respond if you keep on doing that.”

 

“Fine. Amelia, you have to stick with us! We can’t let you out of our sight. What if you get abducted?”

 

“Why are you all such slow walkers?”

 

“Wait here! Don’t you dare move,” said Tiffany as she hastily made her way to where her two members were.

 

The four of them reached the hotel without much difficulty and it was all thanks to Tiffany. They decided to share one room since they weren’t planning to stay there for long. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon were going to share beds and the other bed would be occupied by the princess and Tiffany but of course, the princess would oppose to that.

 

“I need my own bed.”

 

“So get your own bed. In fact, you should get your own room...that is if you have the money to pay for one.” Tiffany smirked. She was successful in making the princess shut yp and she felt proud. It was an amazing achievement she wished she could brag about.

 

“We’ll be going to the Louvre tomorrow morning. Don’t forget to bring your phones, you two,” she said in Korean. She then looked at the princess who was sitting on the bed, ridding herself of the uncomfortable shoes. “Amelia, do not...and I mean this, do not think of being away from us If you try to do that, I will personally put a leash on you.”

 

The princess huffed and lay down on the bed, tucking herself in.

 

“We’re not allowed to go sight-seeing?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“We could go sight-seeing once Jessie’s back to normal.”

 

“We’re still going to meet up with Yoona,” the leader reminded.

 

“I’ve already sent her a message about our plans tomorrow and she said she’d be there.”

 

“Great then. We should probably the princess to dream land.” The trio looked at Amelia who only left a quarter of the space of the bed for Tiffany to occupy.

 

She ended up having a really hard time falling asleep and it’s not only because of the bed. Truth be told, she just wanted to get this entire thing over with. Most importantly, she just wanted Jessica to be her Jessie again. She wanted to tell her that she’s sorry and that she loves her for who she is.

 

The girls were on their way home from a variety show recording that took hours to finish. Tiffany, Jessica, Yoona and Seohyun were riding together in one van and the remaining girls in another.

 

The maknaes were seated at the second row while the lovers were at the back. Tiffany was complaining about her shoulders hurting while Jessica’s dozing off.

 

“Jessie, could you give me a massage, please.”

 

A respond never came since the girl was already asleep. “Jessie,” Tiffany whined.

 

The previously sleeping girl cracked one eye open and mumbled, “Tiff...baby, I’m just as tired. I really need some ret.”

 

Tiffany let it go and kept quiet. When they arrived at the dorm, Tiffany expected her girlfriend to at least help her with her things or walk hand-in-hand with her but Jessica just walked straight to the elevator. This really pissed her off. She got that she was tired, they all were but couldn’t she have waited for her or ask her if she needed any help?

 

She chose not to confront Jessica that night. Well, it’s not like she had that option anyways, her girlfriend was already asleep and it would take a lot of energy, energy she didn’t have at that moment, to wake the heavy sleeper up.

 

The next day, they had to attend the re-opening of a museum. Tiffany gave Jessica the cold shoulder but the older girl didn’t think any of it so she also didn’t try to initiate a conversation with her. She clung onto her member, Yoona, instead.

 

Tiffany’s plan backfired and that made her even more upset. They were at the second floor, free to roam around the place and free from the watchful eyes of their fans and the press, when Tiffany has finally changed her mind about ignoring Jessica. She tapped her shoulder to get her attention away from some random artefact that was displayed there.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Could you get me some water?”

 

Jessica arched an eyebrow. “Why can’t you ask manager-oppa?”

 

“I don’t know where he is.”

 

“So call him?”

 

“I left my phone in the car.”

 

Jessica took her own phone out of her purse and handed it over to Tiffany. “Here. Call him.”

 

That was the last straw for Tiffany. She knew it was such a petty thing to fight about but she couldn’t help but be upset. She pushed Jessica’s hand away. “Why are you so goddamn lazy, Jessie?”

 

“Tiff, keep your voice down, for Pete’s sake!”

 

“No! Why can’t you just do things for me once in a while? Is it always going to be me who’s going to give in to your needs? I know you like sleep a lot but can’t you at least give more importance to this relationship, our relationship, than your precious sleep?”

 

Jessica held her by the shoulders to calm her down. “Why are you blowing up like this? Why is this really about?”

 

“It’s about you being a lousy girlfriend! I wish you’d try to put in more effort in our relationship. I wish you’d change!” Tiffany walked away from her.

 

Her girlfriend’s voice was still ringing in her ears and she felt like she had just been slapped. She really didn’t know that her actions affected Tiffany that much. She stayed rooted in front of a glass box that enclosed an item that looked like a ring. “I’m sorry. I wish I could change, too.”

 

A tear rolled down her cheek when she remembered that argument with Jessica. She ignored her even when the two of them were in the same van on their way to the dorm. She never tried talking to her even when Jessica had tried. The day after that, her body was possessed by some spirit from the 19th century.

 

She tensed up when she felt the girl’s arm wrap around her waist. The princess snuggled closet to her and she thought her girlfriend was back. Her happy bubble was popped  when the girl spoke, still with an accent. “I figured a hug would make you feel better.”

 

She didn’t respond and enjoyed the back hug instead. It wasn’t long before she heard a light snore coming from the princess so she put her hand on top of the latter’s forearm and soon enough she fell asleep.

 

 

---

 

 

“Taeng and Hyo, you guys stay here with her while I buy the tickets. Don’t leave this line and wait for Yoong.”

 

The two were going to agree but the princess’ incessant whining changed their minds.

 

“Why is it so hot here? Do you have anything there to shade me from the heat? Can we not go straight inside? It is so hot!”

 

The two Kims looked at Tiffany. “We’ll buy the tickets.”

 

They grabbed the money from her and went to the queue for the tickets. Tiffany was left to deal with the princess who insisted to be protected from the heat. She gave her the thin jacket that she brought which the princess then put on her head.

 

“Unnie!”

 

Tiffany turned to where the voice came from. “Yoona!”

 

The two girls hugged and the younger girl waved at the princess before greeting her. “Hi, gongju.

 

The princess turned to Tiffany for answers. “What’s a gongju?”

 

“It’s princess in Korean.”

 

The princess donned a smile and clung onto the younger girl. Yoona was the first one to call her a princess without any hint of sarcasm or mockery. “Hi, Yoonuh.”

 

They might not be able to understand what the other is saying most of the time but the princess would rather be with her than the perpetually angry Tiffany.

 

Tiffany wasn’t dense and she immediately figured out why the princess was fonder of their dongsaeng than her. Even Jessica had a soft spot for Yoona. She stood there quietly and waited for the two Kims to arrive with their tickets. They didn’t arrived for another half an hour.

 

“The line’s really long,” said Hyoyeon who was holding a cup with ice cream in it and so was Taeyeon.

 

“It sure was.”

 

Tiffany wanted to hit them for thinking that she would buy that lie. “Where are the tickets? You didn’t even bother buying us some.”

 

The two handed her the tickets and greeted Yoona.

 

The youngest girl among them volunteered to buy ice cream and water for them. The princess surprisingly volunteered to go with her. Tiffany was hesitant but the oldest has already given them permission.

 

“Yoona and the princess get along very well,” Taeyeon commented.

 

“Yeah, just like Yoona and Jessica. It looks like the princess and Sica has a couple more similarities than we think.” Hyoyeon scooped up the cold treat and ate it. She grinned at Tiffany and taunted her. “I can see why Sica and the princess like Yoona so much. She doesn’t get irritated as easily unlike this girl that I know.”

 

Tiffany glared at her and Taeyeon decided to join the teasing. “Yoona’s also very patient and understanding. I mean, come on, Fany, you get ticked off really easily even when Jessica or the princess is not doing anything.”

 

She couldn’t believe that she was being ganged up on. She was wishing her Jessie was there to defend her.

 

“Shut up or I swear to god, I will sell both of you to a dirty old French ert.”

 

The Kims weren’t the least bit scared of her threat. They got what they wanted anyways. To make Tiffany realize that it wasn’t always Jessica’s fault.

 

 

---

 

 

They were finally inside the museum and they waste their time to go to where Princess Amelia’s mourning ring is displayed.

 

Tiffany was the first one to spot it and so she pulled on her friends and exclaimed, “This is it! This is the ring!”

 

“What should I do now?” the princess asked.

 

“I don’t know. Stand in front of it and wish for your spirit to leave my girlfriend’s body?”

 

The princess looked at her, doubting that that would work but did it anyways.

 

They all stood there waiting for something to happen but there was nothing. Just then, a staff from the museum greeted them in English and told them an information about the ring that they dreaded to hear.

 

“I see you’re liking mourning ring that Princess Amelia made for her father. This is one of the few replicas. Did you know that the death of the youngest daughter of the king pushed him to the edge of insanity?” Tiffany wished he’s stop talking and she would’ve shut him up if she weren’t too stunned to know that this ring was a mere replica.

 

“It was said that the king was already losing his mind and—“

 

“Shut up!”

 

The four girls turned to the fuming princess and before they could stop her, she had already grabbed the man by his collar. “My father was no insane!”

 

“Madam, let go of me. This is assault.”

 

Tiffany grabbed her by the arm and told her to let go of the man. Her hand was roughly shoved away by Princess Amelia. “You knew about this? You knew about my father and did not bother telling me?”

 

The princess ran away with tears continuously rolling down her face while Tiffany stayed on her spot. Yoona was the one who came running after the princess.

 

Taeyeon somewhat understood what transpired but Hyoyeon was clueless.

 

“Taeng, what the heck happened?”

 

Tiffany has finally come to her senses and she ran after Yoona and Amelia. She found the two girls sitting on a bench. The taller girl was trying to comfort the princess but she stood up when she saw Tiffany coming their way.

 

“Unnie, she seems really upset.”

 

“I know. It’s my fault. Go back to Taeng and Hyo.”

 

Yoona nodded and left Tiffany and Amelia alon.

 

“Jess...Amelia, I—“

 

“My father was not insane!”

 

Tiffany wanted to tell her that she was right but she knew she’d probably be lying.

 

“You knew about this so why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I just didn’t know how to tell you those things and I didn’t think I was in a position to tell you that.”

 

Amelia sniffed and wiped her tears with her hands. Tiffany handed her a tissue and the princess hesitantly took if from her. “So what are we going to do now?”

 

“We have to know where the original ring is.”

 

The princess stood up and was about to walk away but Tiffany grabbed her hand. “I know I’ve been really mean to you and I get easily irked when you’re around so I just wanted to say that I’m sorry. It’s just that...I’ve been really frustrated. I didn’t like the feeling of being helpless.”

 

The princess sighed. “You are forgiven. I apologize, too, for causing this trouble.”

 

“It’s really not your fault. It’s not like you asked to possess my girlfriend’s body.”

 

Amelia nodded. “Alright then. You are the only one at fault. Now let us go ask where that bloody mourning ring of mine is.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. The peaceful moment was good while it lasted