Chapter 9

Mission: Project Separation

who missed me? *^^*

---------------------------------------------------------------

                “Let me go, would you!?” Krystal yelled as she was trying to struggle free from Minho’s grasp, which was sadly, too strong for her.

                “No, we need to talk,” Minho replied as he emphasized in the word ‘need’, as in really important.

                “Let’s just talk after Mr. Shim’s class. I have class to go to,” Krystal kept on struggling but Minho still wouldn’t let go. Minho dragged Krystal into a corner after seeing that most eyes on the hallway were staring at them, so Krystal kept struggling. “Minho, let go! It hurts!”

                “I’ll let go after I finish talking,” Minho said as they were now in the corner of the hallway, where not much people can stare at them.

                “Make it quick!” Krystal finally gave up and let him talk.

                “You said you would help me to make them separate. But you left me yesterday, I had to follow them alone,” Minho said straight forwardly.

                Krystal rolled her eyes, “Excuse me, Choi Minho. I agreed on helping you, true. But I agreed to help to make them separate, not following them all day.”

                “Following them all day to ruin their date is trying to make them separate.”

                “I don’t find ruining dates will make them separate. After seeing them, I was pretty sure that they won’t break up just because some nuisances on their dates.”

                “But you promised to help, you can’t stop in the middle.”

                “I’m not stopping. Just be realistic a little, Minho.”

                “You like Taemin, don’t you? Be realistic that you can get a chance here!”

                “I’m giving up on him.”

                “You gave up on people way too easily, Krys. It’s like all of your feelings are temporary. I never knew you could stay to like just one person. You keep changing crushes all the time.”

                Krystal’s eyes grew wide. She was mad about what he said. “What do you mean by that?”

                “Shortly, you’re unfaithful.”

                “Is trying to make my best friend happy is unfaithful? Is trying to put others’ happiness on top of mine is unfaithful?”

                “… No.”

                “Then why am I unfaithful?”

                “On one side, you are still unfaithful, giving up on people that easily. I wonder if you can ever be faithful to someone.”

                “At least I’m the considerate one, for putting others’ happiness on top on my own, and for not putting my selfishness on top of everything.”

                Minho just stared at Krystal without moving or even blinking.

                “Look, Minho. I hate you. Being in such agreement with you is hard enough for me. I got no advantage from this. Even if we separate them, I don’t wanna take Taemin away from Sulli, because I got him from a very dirty way,” Krystal said. “But since we agreed on this, I can’t take it back. I don’t wanna be someone who broke promises. I’ll help, but don’t force me to do things that I think is unnecessary.”

**

                Krystal was sitting alone in the cafeteria. She had her chin to support her head as she stared into nothing and occasionally sighing to herself. At the same time, Taemin was heading towards the vending machine that is not too far from her and he spotted her. He made his way to the vending machine and bought 2 colas before heading to approach Krystal.

                As Taemin got closer, Krystal didn’t seem to notice, so Taemin chuckled before putting the cold cola can on her cheek. Feeling the sudden coldness on her cheek, she jumped by surprised. She glared at Taemin and he just laughed.

                “What was that for?” Krystal held her cold cheek as Taemin put the can in front of her and sat in front of her.

                “To make you realize that life is better than your dream,” Taemin joked as he let out a small laugh/

                “That’s not even funny,” Krystal said, but unconsciously she smiled a little for it.

                “I guess it’s not funny, but it can make you smile a bit,” Taemin said as he opened his can and handed it to Krystal, then took the can in front of her and opened it for himself. Krystal thanked him and he just gave a sign of “you’re welcome” as he was drinking his can. “What were you thinking about anyway? You looked so… gloomy.”

                “I just didn’t have enough sleep last night,” she lied.

                “Then sleep earlier tonight,” Taemin just gave her a short advice. Krystal nodded. “Wanna know something?”

                “What?”

                “You’re not such a good liar, you know.”

                Krystal stayed quiet for a while before answering, “You got me.”

                Taemin laughed a little and Krystal smiled. She knew she doesn’t have a crush on Taemin anymore, but she just can’t help to be attracted to him. Taemin just got this charm to make her think that Sulli is so extremely lucky to have him.

                “So what’s wrong?” Taemin asked again. “Or is it something private I shouldn’t know about?”

                “It’s just…  I’m regretting something,” Krystal started. “Because of my greed, I almost hurt a person I really love. And because of my greed, I made a promise with someone, whose greed is also as big as mine, or maybe probably even bigger than mine. But then, I know doing that out of my greed is not a good thing. It’s bad, in fact. So I want to stop. But the other person is still insisting to continue this agreement, and well I think I am responsible of that promise, so I gotta keep it. But I’m afraid if I’ll hurt this person that I really care about.”

                Taemin nodded slowly before sipping his cola again. “Complicated.”

                Krystal sighed. “I know right,” and she sipped her cola.

                “You know, just do the right thing. You were wrong at first, I’d have to say.”

                “And I’d have to agree with that.”

                “But you’re only human, human makes mistakes. So just try to fix it. Keeping your promise is good, but isn’t it better if you and your greedy friend agree to stop trying to hurt the person you care about? Do you get me?”

                “So you mean I shouldn’t keep my promise?”

                “Well, precisely, I think you should change your promise. Make him realize that what you’re doing is disadvantaging other people,” Taemin suggested and Krystal nodded. Taemin did knock some sense out of Krystal.

                Krystal smiled widely and her eyes started to sparkle. “You’re a genius!”

                “It wasn’t such a hard solution though,” Taemin smiled, as he was happy that he could make a friend smile.

**