Chapter 11

Mission: Project Separation

                Krystal dialed the same number for the past 30 minutes, and she got no answer from all those 30 minutes of dialing. Because she was ignored for the past 30 minutes, she decided to text the guy instead.

                To: Choi Gaeguri
                I have a pretty good information! ;D

                She pressed send and waited for the reply. She’s positive that Minho will reply her in a while, 5 minutes maximum. But after the first 5 minutes, she started to think Minho is really ignoring her.

                “No, no! Be positive, Soojung! Minho is just busy. Just text him again,” Krystal tries to assure herself.

                To: Choi Gaeguri
                Aren’t you curious of when is their next date and where?

                To: Choi Gaeguri
                I guess you’re busy now. Text me after you read this, ok?

                And right after Krystal sent that, she lied flat on her bed, still holding her phone on her hand, hoping a reply would come up soon.

                “I’m already trying to do a good thing here, so please help me, God,” Krystal said her prayer as she was staring at her phone.

**

                “Hyung, I think you really should pick up your phone. It’s been ringing for too long!” Taemin whined as he still had his eyes on the screen. Minho and Taemin were having a racing match on the playstation, and Taemin was pretty annoyed with Minho’s cellphone, which had been ringing for the past 30 minutes.

                “It’s an unknown number. I don’t take unknown numbers,” Minho answered simply, without taking his eyes off the screen.

                “But, Hyung, it’s annoying,” Taemin whined again as the phone rang again.

                Taemin paused the game suddenly, “Let me take that!” He tried to grab Minho’s phone, but Minho was quicker. Minho immediately dropped his joystick and grabbed his phone, which was on the floor.

                “No! Fine! I’ll take it! Just stay away from my phone!” Minho warned Taemin and Taemin stared at his older friend weirdly.

                “Do you have a secret girlfriend you’re not telling me about?” Taemin came up with that conclusion.

                “No, that’s ridiculous. Why wouldn’t I tell you if I find myself a lady? And besides, if —just if, I have a secret girlfriend like you said, why wouldn’t I pick up her calls, huh?” Minho tried to defend himself, but he got himself laughed by his younger friend.

                “Maybe you’re on a fight with her?” Taemin said as he continued laughing.

                “No. You’re wrong. Stop laughing, nothing’s funny.”

                “Actually, something’s funny. You’re funny. You’re just too funny, Hyung,” Taemin said without stopping his laughs.

                “I don’t get you sometimes, Taem,” Minho said as he received a message. He opened it and read it.

                “What is it?” Taemin tried to take a glance but Minho immediately shoved his phone to his pocket as he tried to push Taemin away. “Psh, you’re totally having a girl and not telling me. You’re obvious, Hyung.”

                “I said no, so no,” Minho said and Taemin just grinned. “Whatever, let’s just go back to the game, I’m not done kicking your .”

                “No way, I’m gonna kick your !”

                That’s when Minho’s phone rang as a sign of another message. Taemin grinned at Minho after it rang, but Minho just shrugged Taemin off and un-pause the game, so they went back to focus on the game. Just a minute after they’re back to the game, Minho’s phone rang again, signing another message was received. Taemin couldn’t help but to laugh without looking away from the game.

                “Yah, shut up!” Minho said to Taemin without even looking at him. “I’m trying to focus.”

                “I think you got yourself one possessive girl, Hyung,” Taemin grinned.

                “She’s not my girl or anything close to that!” Minho groaned.

                “It really is a ‘she’!” Taemin laughed again, and Minho rolled his eyes.

                “Whatever, Taem. You’re such a kid.”

                Taemin just chuckled.

**

                It’s been 3 hours after the last message Krystal sent, and yet she still hasn’t got her reply. It annoys her that Minho is ignoring her, although she has the information that he really needs. That’s why she had to take a step that she never thought would have happened.

                Krystal took a deep breath before pressing the bell of the Choi’s household.

                “Coming!” a very familiar voice was heard, but it wasn’t Sulli’s or Minho’s. It was Mrs. Choi’s voice and it made Krystal gulped. “Oh, Soojung ah, you’re right on time, let’s have dinner,” Mrs. Choi greeted as soon as she opened the door.

                Krystal bowed a little to give Mrs. Choi her respect and smiled, “I’m gonna eat at home, Eommoni. I’m just here to see Minho Oppa.”

                Mrs. Choi blinked a few times, processing what she just heard. “Who are you going to see?”

                “Minho… Oppa?” Krystal hesitated for a while before answering.

                “Not Jinri?” Mrs. Choi let Krystal in and escorted her to the living room, where Minho and Taemin were playing their racing game.

                “No, I know Jinri is at her cousin’s house, right?” Krystal smiled, then she spotted Taemin was also in the room. She waved at Taemin, who glanced over his shoulder.

                “Yes, that’s right. Well,” she shrugged before calling Minho to stop playing. “Minho-yah, Soojung is here to see you.”

                Minho paused the game and looked at Krystal. “Why are you here?”

                “Well, I’m leaving now,” Mrs. Choi said and Krystal thanked her before she left. Krystal also said hello to Taemin first before answering Minho.

                “You ignored my calls and messages,” she replied shortly which made Taemin’s eyes grew wide.

                “Are you two dating?” Taemin was surprised.

                “NO!” Minho immediately answered as Krystal stayed quiet staring at Taemin.

                “Then you must have not lied about the person who’s been calling you is not your girlfriend,” Taemin said.

                “Of course. I must be crazy if I have her as my girlfriend,” Minho replied and Krystal just gave a calm nod.

                “Well, whatever. I only want to come to say that you shouldn’t ignore me. It’s really important,” Krystal said.

                “Then, since you’re here, just tell me now,” Minho signed to Taemin to continue playing the games, and Taemin nodded in agreement. Their focuses are back on the screen, so Krystal took a seat close to Minho. She sat really close to Minho, not leaving even an inch between them. It made Minho budge but Krystal just sat even closer.

                “Should I say out loud that you’re trying to ruin his relationship?” Krystal whispered to Minho, which made Minho immediately pause the game again.

                “Fine, let’s talk outside,” Minho said.

                “Nah, I have a better idea,” Krystal replied, which made Minho raised his eyebrows. “Taemin Oppa, can you leave my boyfriend and me alone?”

                Minho’s eyes grew wide and immediately turned his head to Krystal, who’s putting her arm around his shoulder. Taemin’s expression was pretty shocked as well, but he just nodded hesitantly and stood up awkwardly.

                “What the hell?” Minho mouthed and Krystal just patted Minho’s shoulder, as if trying to say, “I know what I’m doing. Just follow me.”

**

 

 

yay!! ;D haha #random