Chapter 2

Mission: Project Separation

 

                Krystal and Sulli decided to have their rest of the day at Sulli’s house to have some ‘girl-time’. At first Krystal forced Sulli to go to her own house instead, because she didn’t want to see Sulli’s big brother Minho. But after assuring Krystal that Minho went to his friend’s house, Krystal finally agreed to go there.

                After greeting Mrs. Choi, Krystal and Sulli went up to Sulli’s room.

                “I missed your bed,” Krystal said as she threw herself to Sulli’s bed. They’re familiar with each other’s houses because they had been best friend since… ever.

                “That’s because you only want to come here if my brother is not home,” Sulli said as she sat on the bed next to Krystal, pulling a pillow for her to hug.

                “Well, I’m sorry for not wanting to see your…,” Krystal held to urge to say something bad about Minho with a deep breath, “brother.” It’s just not polite to say something bad about the people who live in the house you’re invading at. “He’s just so mean to me,” Krystal added. Sulli could only shake her head at the comment.

                They continued talking and talking for a lot of things, and they were never run out of topics. Then one thing popped into Sulli’s mind.

                “So how about that crush of yours?” Sulli asked with a teasing smile.

                “I saw him again this morning,” Krystal answered cheekily, with a shy smile. Sulli grinned and poked her side.

                “So… did you find out his name?” Sulli asked again and Krystal answered with a nod. “What’s his name? What department?”

                “Well, he’s from the dancing department,” Krystal answered simply.

                “Oh is it first-year Kim Jongin? People talked about him a lot. I didn’t know which one is him though. But since everyone is talking about him, I assumed he’s either great or good looking.”

                Krystal shook her head, “No, he’s in the second year.”

                “Then is it… Lee Gikwang? That cute guy we saw that time at the campus’s open house months ago?”

                “No, he’s a third year.”

                “Oh, oh! Is it Lee Kiseop then?”

                “Nope.”

                “Hoya?”

                “Ho- what?” Krystal blinked. “Never heard of him.”

                “Too bad, he’s cute,” Sulli said. “Then… Moon Jongup?”

                “He’s a first year,” Krystal grew tired of the guessing game.

                “Psh, then just tell me who is it,” Sulli whined and Krystal smirked.

                “Nope, next time when you meet him then I’ll tell you,” she said. Sulli wanted to protest, but she knew, arguing with Krystal wouldn’t change anything. Even if Krystal is a sweet girl, she is pretty strong-headed, nothing could change her decision.

                Suddenly the two girls heard the sounds of footsteps. It was a faint sound, so they thought it was probably Mrs. Choi. But as soon as the sound got louder and clearer, they could make out that it was the sound of the footsteps of a few people- 2 or 3, probably.

                “Ssul,” Krystal sat up from her lying position, “I have a bad feeling.”

                Knock, knock.

                “Oh, boy,” Krystal rolled her eyes and dropped herself back to the bed.

                Sulli stood up to open the door and Krystal made a low groan.

                “Pretend that I am sleeping, alright?” Krystal murmured through the pillows, but Sulli still could understand her, so she let out a soft chuckle, to signal her that she understood.

                Sulli opened the door and it revealed her brother standing in front of the door… with someone behind him. Sulli recognized him as her brother’s best friend so she smiled softly at him as he was smiling back silently.

                “I heard you have a guest,” Minho said sarcastically but Krystal didn’t even move. “Why don’t you invite your guest to come down with us to join dinner with our mom?”

                “I’ll go eat dinner later,” Sulli excused, “I ate before on my way home, so I’m still kinda full. Tell mom that, will you?”

                Being such a good brother, Minho knew Sulli was half lying. Yes, she probably had something to eat before heading home. But no, she is not full. He knew she is hungry.

                “Too bad, mom made some roasted chicken that you like most, Jinri ah,” Minho said and Sulli just gave him a smile. “How about your guest, isn’t she hungry? She usually eats like a pig.”

                Krystal almost burst at the comment, but she kept herself down. She’s just not in the mood to fight with him. Just not.

                Sulli laughed uneasily, “She eats normally. You’re just being sarcastic, Oppa. You better go now, Taemin Oppa is probably hungry.”

                Taemin!?

                Krystal immediately sat straight at the sound of the name of her crush.

                “Oh, your pig guest is awake, sis,” Minho commented and Krystal didn’t even respond to that. Her eyes were locked, her mind too. Wait, all of her attention was locked into one guy who stood silently behind Choi Minho.

                Lee Taemin.

                Yes, her crush. Lee Taemin.

                “Taemin ssi?” Krystal called. It made Taemin blinked and looked through Minho’s tall figure.

                “Oh, Krystal ssi!” he greeted nicely with a smile that melted Krystal’s heart.

                “You two know each other?” Sulli asked blankly.

                “You know this brat, Taem?” Minho faced Taemin and asked.

                “Yeah, we met yesterday,” Taemin answered with a smile to both of the Chois, just like a kind of angel he is, while Krystal was still awestruck at the fate.

                Tsk, how can an angel like Taemin befriend to a devil like… Choi Minho?

                “Well, whatever,” Minho said suddenly. “Just… you two, down, dinner. But, Jinri, If your friend doesn’t want to eat, then let her stay. I don’t want her to spoil my appetite.”

                “I think you’re the one who’s going to spoil my appetite, mister,” Krystal said in a low tone, low enough so that only she could hear. She was trying to keep her nice and cute girl image in front of Lee Taemin. So in order to do that, she had to forfeit to Minho’s mocking for once. By that, Minho left, followed by Taemin.

                Sulli closed the door and she leaned to the door.

                “Why didn’t you tell me you know Taemin Oppa?” Sulli immediately asked.

                “I didn’t know you know him,” Krystal answered.

                “Do you remember when I told you about the guy who confessed to me that other day?” Sulli asked again.

 

**

                “Well, this really cute guy asked me out. He said he likes me, and I kinda have a little feeling for him too,” Sulli said shyly, with a faint blush on her cheek.

                “If you like him, and he likes you too, what’s the problem? Go for him, girl!” Krystal pumped her firsts to show her support to her best friend.

                “He’s my brother’s best friend. I don’t want him to be in an awkward situation with my brother.”

                “Oh, boy, Choi Minho always ruins everything. But whatever, let him be. His problem. Just, go for him!”

**

                Krystal recalled the conversation a few days ago, just before school started. Then she could feel a hard pang on her heart. She knew what would happen after this.

                “Krys?” Sulli called as Krystal was spacing out.

                “Oh yes?” Krystal blinked a few times.

                “So do you remember?” Sulli asked once again.

                “Yeah,” Krystal faked a smile, which was very assuring.

                “Uhm… Well… That’s him,” Sulli said in a low voice. Very low, but to Krystal it was like Sulli was screaming next to her ears.

**

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORTING COMMENTS <3

tbh, i didn't expect that many people would comment on this story, since i only posted the first chapter

but reading all the positive comments, i feel like I wanted to update as soon as possible xP

so comments do effect on how fast i am at updating, i guess xP

i was going to update yesterday but i was extremely tired from school, so i can only posted it now >~<

so yeah, probably if i am done with the third chapter, i might post it tonight.
or if not, maybe tomorrow c;

once again, THANK YOU!! <3