Chapter 5

Mission: Project Separation

 

                This is Taemin’s several times looking at his back. Sulli realized his actions so she also looked back, but she saw nothing suspicious or something worth enough to see.

                “Is there anything wrong?” Sulli asked as they were walking side by side through the campus park. Taemin turned his head to face Sulli and he smiled.

                “Nothing,” Taemin answered.

                “Are you sure?” Sulli asked again to make sure.

                “Yes,” Taemin gave her a nod and Sulli decided to believe him.

                On the other side, the spying team was still behind the trees. Minho had her spying mode on, and Krystal was already getting bored of all the following.

                “You know, I think Taemin is getting a hint,” Krystal stated.

                “Tell me something I don’t know, will you?” Minho said without even looking at her. He was too focused on following the couple.

                Krystal rolled her eyes. “Froggy, they’re only walking around side by side. Taemin didn’t even touch her. I guess he’s too shy to be all touchy. What a gentleman,” Krystal sighed dreamily.

                Minho rolled his eyes in return, but didn’t say anything.

                “Can we stop following?” Krystal asked. “Oh, scratch that, can I stop following? I don’t really care what you wanna do.”

                “Be quiet,” Minho just said and Krystal groaned.

                “That’s it, I’m going!” Krystal stated as she started to walk away.

                “Yah, Jung Soojung, come back!” Minho yelled as he suddenly lost his attention on the couple and focusing on stopping Krystal.

                “You can’t stop me,” Krystal carelessly said without looking back. Minho clicked his tongue before finally following her.

                “Krystal, we have a deal that you’d help,” Minho followed Krystal who was starting to walk faster.

                “I had enough walking around watching nothing,” Krystal stated. “I have more important things to do, unlike you.”

**

                ‘I could have sworn I heard Minho Hyung’s voice,’ Taemin was wondering as he once again turned around.

                “Taemin Oppa,” Sulli called. “Are you sure there’s nothing wrong?”

                “Don’t you feel like we’re being followed?” Taemin finally said it.

                Sulli thought for a while before shaking her head.

                “Really? Then maybe I was just being paranoid,” Taemin mused himself and Sulli smiled. They started walking again as suddenly there was a silence. It wasn’t an awkward one, but they’re just quiet. “Hey, Ssul,” Taemin called, breaking the silence. He paused for a while, letting out a nervous cough. Sulli turned to face him as they were still walking. “Can I… uhm—,” he paused again. “Can I hold your hand?” Taemin said as he looked away, her ears were red and Sulli’s were too as soon as she heard the question.

                Sulli chuckled and nodded, “Sure, Oppa.”

                “Really?” Taemin finally looked into Sulli’s eyes. Sulli nodded again and smiled. Taemin also smiled cheekily as he reached out his hand to grab Sulli’s hand, and he intertwined his fingers with hers. Sulli smiled shyly as Taemin was flashing a satisfied smile.

**

                Something struck Minho as he was still following Krystal, who gave up on following Taemin and Sulli a few minutes ago.

                “Krystal, we’ve walked too far from Taemin and Sulli,” Minho stated.

                “I don’t care, e-e-e-e-e,” Krystal sang 2NE1’s “I Don’t Care” as she turned to wiggle her index finger in front of Minho’s face.

                Minho then patted Krystal’s arm harshly, once again, just like before behind the lockers. “Krys, that’s them. They’re…,” Minho paused to make sure of his vision. His pause made Krystal turned to her left, where Minho pointed. They were holding hands. Krystal could feel another loud pang on her heart. “They’re holding hands,” Minho confirmed.

                “Yes, I have eyes,” Krystal coldly said as she turned around again.

                Minho immediately stormed towards Taemin and Sulli’s direction. Krystal was aware of his movement so she turned again to see Minho who was already rushing to them.

                “Yah, Minho, what do you think you’re doing!?” Krystal yelled, but Minho didn’t even reply. He kept on heading towards the couple.

                “Hey, guys,” Minho suddenly appeared right between Sulli and Taemin as he slung both of his arm around both Sulli and Taemin. Automatically, Taemin and Sulli’s intertwined hands were off.

                “Oppa…”

                “Hey, Hyung,” Taemin, who’s a good-natured one, smiled although he was slightly annoyed at his sudden appearance, especially because he was breaking his contact with Sulli.

                Krystal who watched the scene, unconsciously smiled. ‘At least seeing their hands are no longer intertwining, I feel much lighter. I thank you for once, Choi Minho,’ Krystal thought, before leaving the scene.

**

                “Hey, Krys,” Sulli greeted Krystal as soon as she took her seat next to Krystal, who was busy scrolling her phones— which was bombarded with Minho’s texts. Krystal immediately shut her phone when Sulli suddenly appeared.

                “Hey,” Krystal greeted. “How was the date?” Krystal smiled, tried to be as sincere as she could.

                “What date?” Sulli laughed lightly.

                “Oh, come on, don’t pretend like you don’t know what I meant,” Krystal nudged Sulli’s side.

                “Fine, fine, but it was not a date,” Sulli stated.

                “Yeah, whatever. So how was it?”

                “Well, everything was fine,” Sulli said.

                “Just fine?”

                “Uhmm…,” Sulli paused for a while. “Well, Minho Oppa kinda ruined something, but well, I guess he didn’t know what he did.”

                “He’s such a party-pooper, isn’t he?” Krystal commented. “But what did he ruin?” Krystal pretended that she knew nothing.

                Sulli blushed before answering, “Taemin Oppa kinda held my hand, and Minho Oppa suddenly appeared between us.”

                Krystal shook her head, as if she didn’t know anything. “You should kick him next time,” Krystal suggested heartlessly and it made Sulli chuckled.

                “So then? How was your fight with Minho Oppa this morning?” Sulli asked with a small laugh.

                Krystal laughed nervously. “Well, just as usual, we kept on insulting each other.”

                “To be honest I was confused that you held him down. I thought you would be happier if he left as well,” Sulli said and Krystal let out another nervous laugh.

                “Yeah…”

**

                Minho was waiting in front of the ladies’ restroom, he waited for Krystal to finish her business there. Minho saw her going into the restroom, so he decided to wait for her.

                As soon as the figure he was waiting for came out, he saw her eyes blinked confusedly.

                “Why are you here?” Krystal crossed her arms in front of her chest.

                “I heard Taemin and Sulli are going to have a date on Saturday. We should follow them,” Minho suggested. Krystal wanted to say no, because she knew it would only hurt her more to see them having a happy date.

                “No, Minho, I don’t wanna help you anymore,” Krystal said.

                “Why?”

                “This is just wrong, Minho. I know how happy Sulli was whenever she talked about Taemin. She’s happy. I don’t want to sacrifice her happiness,” Krystal explained.

                “But really, Krys, what do you think will happen if Taemin hurt her in the future? What will happen to me? Don’t you pity me?” Minho added.

                “Taemin is a good boy, he will still be your friend.”

                “But do I want to be his friend?”

                Krystal shrugged.

                “No, I don’t. Don’t you pity him, if I will hate him one day?”

                “Well, that... I pity.”

                “Then it’s much better if they break up now.”

                “What if they will work out?”

                “Then use this chance to make you forget about Taemin.”

                “Huh?”

                “I will only try to separate them in a month, remember? In that one month, if you see them being all lovey-dovey most of the time, you will become stronger and eventually forget about Taemin,” Minho explained.

                Krystal stayed quiet.

                “So… This Saturday?”

                “Fine, just… bring disguise,” Krystal said as she walked leaving Minho who was smirking, feeling on the top of victory because he was able to convince her.

**

 

------------------------------------

just a little spoiler, i'm adding another character. guess who? xP lol, the clue is: he's not from SM :P