Chapter 6

Mission: Project Separation

 

                “Blonde wig? Seriously?” Krystal asked in a bored tone as she was holding the blonde wig that Minho brought for her disguise.

                “Yes, why?” Minho blinked.

                “Very unsuspicious, Minho,” Krystal said sarcastically. “Very unsuspicious.”

                “Geez, if you don’t like it, find your own disguise next time,” Minho replied and Krystal just made a face.

                “What did you bring for yourself?”

                “A pair of sunglasses,” Minho showed her a pair of dark sunglasses. “And a baseball cap.”

                “Why don’t you have a blonde wig for yourself?” Krystal asked in a bored tone.

                “Because it’s too weird.”

                “Now you’re talking.”

                “You’re being too picky, Jung,” Minho said as he motioned Krystal to wear the wig, which earned a dissatisfied growl from Krystal. Minho decided to ignore Krystal and took out his phone.

                “The movie is starting in 30. Let’s go,” Minho announced as he put on his glasses and baseball cap.

                “They’re watching a movie?”

                “Yes, why?”

                “Next time I’m picking the disguises,” Krystal rolled her eyes as the thought of a weird man wearing sunglasses inside the cinema, with a blonde girl next to him.

**

                Krystal hung her head low all the way from her home to the cinema. She couldn’t bare the look from everyone, this is just too weird for her.

                “Do you seriously think we look… okay?” Krystal asked, without lifting her head up.

                “Yes, we look fine,” Minho answered and Krystal groaned.

                “Maybe it’s because you’re such a weirdo that you don’t think we look extremely weird,” Krystal mumbled, but loud enough for Minho to hear, though he decided to ignore her. “What film are we watching anyway?”

                “We’re not watching the movie, we’re watching the couple, remember?” Minho said.

                “At least we got to have fun a little,” Krystal shrugged and Minho didn’t reply.

                They were walking in silence as Minho kept looking around— in case Sulli and Taemin were around, while Krystal kept her head low, not looking up at all.

                As soon as they reached the cinema, Minho stopped his track, so Krystal did the same. Minho turned to face Krystal and made a gesture. Krystal looked up and blinked, “Huh?”

                “Money. You’re paying for your own ticket,” Minho simply said.

                “You’re taking me to spy on your little sister, so I can’t enjoy the movie, and I have to pay for myself?” Krystal asked with eyes wide, as Minho just answer with some slow nods. Krystal’s mouth hung wide and she didn’t say any word. She knew it was pointless to argue with Minho, so it’s better to hand him what he wants.

                Krystal suddenly caught something— or preferably someone— from the corner of her eyes, so she turned her head and saw Taemin and Sulli was walking hand in hand towards the cinema. She couldn’t ignore the twitching feeling inside her, which was worse than being stared by people on the streets. Minho caught that Krystal lost her focus on him, so he turned, following her gaze, which fell on the couple.

                “Yah! Hide!” Minho ordered, which made Krystal snapped back into reality.

                “Oh, okay,” she mumbled weakly.

                Minho waited until Taemin and Sulli walked into the queue to buy the tickets, the he also waited until someone else stood behind them. Minho walked into the line after a few people stood behind Taemin and Sulli. He didn’t dare to get too close, because it’s his best friend and his little sister he’s spying on. Wrong moves and they will know it was him.

                “Can I help you?” the staff asked as soon as Minho was already the first one in line.

                “Uh…,” Minho turned his head and pointed to Taemin. “You remember that guy?” The staff nodded. “I want to watch whatever they’re watching and give me two seats behind them, for about two or three rows behind them.”

                The staff blinked at Minho confusedly, but decided to shut up and let him be.

**

                Sulli was looking at the movie posters when Taemin excused himself to buy some snacks. She was bored of looking at the posters, so she looked around the cinema lobby. She spotted a blonde haired girl standing on the corner of the room.

Sulli stood far from the blonde girl, but she somehow felt familiar with her facial features, though she couldn’t make out her features clearly. She also could figure out that the blonde girl was thinking about something. She looked… blank. Sulli wondered what’s wrong with the blonde girl, but she knew it was not her place to approach her and asked her what’s wrong. Especially that she’s a blonde, means there’s a big chance that she’s a foreigner. And with Sulli’s so-so English skills, she decided to ignore the girl.

                “What are you looking at?” Taemin suddenly showed up next to Sulli, and he followed her gaze. “Oh, that blonde girl? She looked lonely, huh?”

                Sulli nodded without looking away for a second, but then turned her attention to Taemin. “What did you buy?”

                “Just this and that,” Taemin showed her his snacks, which he bought just now. Taemin took one last glance at the girl. “Jinri ah, don’t you think that girl is familiar?”

                Sulli blinked at Taemin a few times before nodding. “I thought so before, but we have no foreign friend, have we? Or do we have any blonde friend?”

                Taemin shook his head, “I think not.”

                On the other hand, the blonde girl they were talking about was none other than Krystal Jung. She sighed as she saw Taemin and Sulli being all near from each other from the corner of her eye. She was jealous, she admitted. But she never thought that being jealous would make her feel… this way.

                “Got the ticket!” Minho jumped in front of Krystal with two tickets in front of her face. Krystal forced a weak smile— or maybe a grin, and took one of the tickets.

                “I’m going to the ladies’ room,” Krystal excused herself. “Are you going to go inside yourself or are you going to wait for me?”

                “I’ll wait. Just don’t be too long,” Minho answered and Krystal just nodded before leaving to the restroom.

                As soon as she was done with her business, she washed her hands as she looked at her own reflection at the mirror. She saw that she didn’t look that weird, like what she imagined how she looked like, but it was not her style at the same time. She looked closer at her face. She knew that people won’t recognize her easily, but if she took a good look, she knew anyone would know it’s her. She just knew that she had to be careful, not to be too close to Sulli, or Taemin.

                “Just a month, Krystal, just one month,” she mumbled to herself before finally turning around. Unfortunately she bumped into someone who just walked into the restroom.

                “I’m sorry,” the girl she bumped said in English, a bit with her Korean accent. Krystal’s eyes grew wide as soon as she saw who it was. It was Sulli, Choi Sulli, Choi Jinri.

                “It’s fine, be careful,” she said with a higher pitch voice than her usual voice and left the room in a rush. Sulli turned her head, almost going to stop her, but the blonde girl— a.k.a. Krystal— was just too fast.

                “She sounded just like Krystal…,” Sulli mumbled. “To think of it, she does kinda look like Kryssie.” Sulli decided to ignore the facts, thinking that maybe she just missed her best friend too much because she spent too much time with Taemin, that’s why some random foreigner looked just like Krystal, since Krystal is kinda a foreigner. It was probably just her imagination.

                Krystal, who was rushing to go out of the restroom, immediately grabbed Minho by his arm and dragged him inside the cinema.

                “Whoa, whoa, what is it?” Minho struggled as Krystal was dragging her.

                “Let’s go, hurry,” Krystal dragged him again and Minho knew from her expression that he should follow her order for this once.

**

 

 

----------------------------------

I'M TERRIBLY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE ;_; I'M BUSY WITH ALL THE EXTRA LESSONS I NEED TO ATTEND >< /sobs.

OH! and one of you got it right for my new character :3 i'll reveal him on the next chapter, and he will start appearing on chapter 8 :P