Chapter 4

Mission: Project Separation

 

                “What the heck?” Minho glared at Krystal as soon as Taemin and Sulli left. Krystal just leaned on her seat and sipper her coffee, looking away from Minho. Minho groaned as took his coffee and he stood up.

                “Where are you going?” Krystal immediately stood up as well to stop him. She understood very well that Minho was going to follow the couple. Usually in movies, the big brother will protect his little sister by following his sister and her boyfriend all the time. And Krystal was guessing that that was what Minho about to do.

                “None of your business,” Minho said as he tried to escape from Krystal.

                “There is no way you’re going to follow them,” Krystal warned.

                “Why can’t I?”

                “Sulli is not a baby anymore, you have to give her some trust with her new boyfriend,” Krystal said and Minho rolled her eyes.

                “I trust her a lot.”

                “Then don’t follow them.”

                “Oh, you’re not the boss of me.”

                “Why do you want to follow them when you actually trust your sister?”

                Minho sighed. “You’re such a busy body.” Krystal didn’t reply. Instead she just looked into Minho’s eyes deeply. “Fine, fine. It’s just super awkward to have your best friend as your sister’s… boyfriend.”

                Krystal rolled her eyes. “You’ll get used to it.”

                “Really? Try to imagine if your best friend is dating your sister,” Minho said and Krystal stopped to think.

                “Actually, I’m cool with it,” Krystal replied and Minho groaned. “Don’t tell me you’re trying to separate those two?” Krystal narrowed her eyes.

                “So what if I do?”

                “That’s just so mean! Sacrificing your sister and your best friend’s happiness to make you happy yourself,” Krystal commented.

                “Hey, it’s for your happiness too,” Minho added.

                “How so?”

                “You like Taemin, don’t you?”

                Krystal gulped. Was she being that obvious? Krystal just looked into Minho’s eyes, without answering. Seeing her actions, Minho smirked.

                “You do, don’t you?” his smirk went wider.

                “Ugh,” Krystal sat back to her seat, sipping her last drops of coffee and looked away.

                “So you see, if they break up, you can be the angel that helped Taemin from his broken heart, and he will fall for you,” Minho tried to persuade Krystal. But Krystal’s shield was strong. She was determined to let those two couple up, even if it’s silently hurting her. “Taemin falls easily for girls that are soft hearted. So if you helped him, he will think you’re nice and soft hearted, and he will be yours.”

Krystal still stayed quiet.

Minho didn’t give up just yet, “And might I tell you. When he asked me why we fought a lot, and I said many mean things about you, Taemin said that you’re cute so I shouldn’t be so mean to you. See? He said you’re cute!”

                Krystal bit her lower lip. Her determination, which was extremely strong, suddenly crumbling little by little.

                “Tempting, huh?” Minho smirked widely as he saw Krystal’s action. “If you’re in it with me, we can make it as if Sulli who was trying to break up with Taemin. We can make it as if she’s losing her feelings to Taemin.”

                “NO!” Krystal got back to her senses. “No, no, no. That is just wrong, Choi Minho.” Krystal abruptly stood up. “Don’t you dare to get near those two.”

                Minho immediately grabbed on her wrist. “It won’t affect your friendship with Sulli, if that what you’re worrying about. I promise.”

                Krystal bit her lower lip again.

                Minho was right. It was tempting, for sure. But she’s afraid if it’ll affect her friendship with Sulli.

                “Alright, I give you a month. If they don’t break up by the end of the month, you have to let them be,” Krystal finally gave in.

                “One month!? That’s too fast! Give me four months.”

                “A month,” Krystal put her arms on her chest.

                “Three months.”

                “One month.”

                “Three.”

                “One.”

                “Two?” Minho winced a bit, at least to look like as if he’s sincere in begging for more time.

                “Final, one month.”

                “One month with your help.”

                “Fine.”

                Minho groaned, “Fine, one month it is!”

                “But remember, if in this one month they don’t break up, you must leave them alone,” Krystal warned.

                Minho nodded, “Yes, as long as you do whatever I want you to help me with.”

**

                Taemin was leaning on the wall as he was waiting for Sulli, who was talking to her lecturer, Mr. Jin. He had his earphone plugged in his ears, playing the music of his latest dance routine. He nodded his head rhythmically to the music as he waited. Sometimes if someone he knew walked passing him, he would smile and greeted them.

                At the same time, Krystal and Minho were hiding behind the lockers. The scene of Taemin waiting for Sulli was all seen by Krystal and Minho.

                “This is pointless. He’s just waiting, why do we have to watch this?” Krystal asked again for the several time.

                “Be quiet, will you?” Minho answered without looking away from Taemin.

                Suddenly Sulli walked out from the classroom. As soon as she saw Taemin, she smiled and Taemin smiled back as he took off his earphone.

                “You’re done?” Taemin said sweetly. Sulli nodded in reply.

                “Did you wait long?” Sulli asked and Taemin shook his head.

                “Oh, man, they’re lines are lame,” Minho commented and Krystal couldn’t help but to agree with him silently.

                Then Taemin and Sulli said some lines that were unable to be heard by Minho— without Krystal, who was already bored from looking at them— before finally walking away side by side.

                “Yah, yah, they’re going,” Minho patted Krystal’s arm harshly.

                “Chill, just go follow them and I’ll tail you from behind,” Krystal hit Minho’s hand that was patting her arm.

                “Come on,” Minho unconsciously grabbed her hand and pulled her to follow the Taemin-Sulli couple. Krystal realized Minho’s movement as her eyes grew wide.

                “Yah, Choi Minho, let go,” she ordered. Minho stopped dragging Krystal and turned around. Krystal was glaring at him as he only gave her a questioning look. Minho’s gaze fell on their connected-hands, then he immediately let her hand go.

                “You were just too slow,” Minho excused himself as he wiped his hand that grabbed Krystal’s earlier with his shirt.

                “We didn’t even walk yet,” Krystal rolled her eyes and walked passing Minho, still following Taemin and Sulli.

**