Chapter 13

Mission: Project Separation

                It was Saturday afternoon, Minho, Taemin, and Sulli were sitting in the living room. Taemin already told Sulli about the double date and Sulli happily agreed to it, seeing how finally her handsome brother got a girlfriend. But Taemin and Minho agreed not to tell Sulli that the Minho’s girlfriend is actually Krystal, so she had no idea.

                “Oh my God, I’m so nervous,” Sulli spoke up as she cuddled to Taemin. Taemin let out a chuckle.

                “Why are you the one who’s nervous? Minho Hyung should be the one who is nervous,” Taemin commented and Minho grinned. Somehow Minho was nervous deep down inside, maybe because he’s afraid of getting caught that they’re not really a couple.

                “But I’m meeting my soon-sister-in-law, it just so…,” Sulli giggled, “nerve-wracking.”

                “It’s nerve-wracking for me too,” Minho commented.

                “I wish Krystal can go with us too, so we can have triple dates. How cute would that be, right?” Sulli glanced at Taemin and Taemin bit his lower lips, holding his laughter, and nodded at Sulli.

                “Right, it would be fun,” Taemin let out a smile, but he was able to hold his laughter. “Wouldn’t it, Hyung?”

                Minho gave Taemin a short look and Taemin smiled teasingly, unnoticed for Sulli.

                “Hmm, maybe,” Minho just replied shortly.

                Then suddenly a knock was heard. Minho immediately stood up and rushed to the door.

                “Is it her?” Sulli asked curiously and she stood up from the sofa out of excitement. Then she rushed to the door too, standing behind Minho.

                “I think so,” Taemin replied as he also stood up to follow Sulli.

                “Sorry, I’m late!” Krystal suddenly appeared out of the door which made Sulli confused.

                “Huh? Are you going with us too, Kryssie?” Sulli asked confusedly and Taemin just laughed, leaving Sulli even more confused. Minho took a few second of Sulli’s confused state to calm his mind, and then he stepped to stand beside Krystal. Then he put his arm awkwardly around Krystal’s shoulder, “This is my girlfriend.”

**

                Minho was driving, and Taemin was on the passenger seat, scrolling through his phone. Krystal and Sulli, who was half-shocked but half-excited at the news, were sitting on the back seat.

                “Oh my God! You have so much to tell me, Krys!” Sulli exclaimed and Krystal just grinned.

                “I was wondering about something a few days ago, when I found out,” Taemin said, about to ask something before Sulli cut his words.

                “You knew about them already?” Sulli asked Taemin and Taemin just grinned. “Not fair, how can you know about it first. I’m his sister and her best friend.”

                “At least you’re the second to find out,” Krystal commented, trying to sound as excited as Sulli. Minho glanced at Krystal from the mirror and he had to admit Krystal was a good actor.

                “Well, back to my question, I was wondering how long have you guys been together? I only ever saw you two fighting, so yeah, I just couldn’t believe it,” Taemin continued and Sulli nodded.

                “I was wondering about that too, and how come you never told me?” Sulli added.

                “It has been a week, apparently,” Krystal answered shortly, with a smile on her face. The smile seemed so sincere and as if it was a way of her to say, “I’m happy.”

                “This is so exciting!” Sulli squealed and Krystal just gave her a very happy smile. “Did my brother confess to you? And how did he confess? He was such a meanie to you before! Or is it just a way for him to get your attention? This is so melodrama-ish, but cute.” Sulli kept on blabbering, bombarding Krystal with questions since she was extremely excited.

                “Jinri-yah, you should slow down, you’re asking too much questions,” Taemin spoke up before Krystal was able to answer. Sulli giggled in response, “Sorry, I am just really, really excited.”

                Krystal laughed, “It’s okay, I’ve been friends with Ssul for years, so I know what she’s like when she’s excited.”

                By then, they already arrived at the restaurant. Minho parked the car and all four of them got out of the car. They entered the restaurant and picked a seat, then they ordered and Sulli spoke up again.

                “So, how did he confess to you?” Sulli repeated herself to Krystal, then turning to Minho to ask again, “How did you confess?”

                Krystal was looking at Minho, who had a panic expression plastered on his face. Minho was about to open his mouth to speak up a lie on how he confessed, but he was so unnatural and Krystal was worried Taemin and Sulli wouldn’t believe it. So Krystal immediately laughed, which made all the attention her.

                “Oppa, you’re really nervous, aren’t you?” Krystal hit Minho’s arm lightly as she continued faking a laugh. It made Minho grin and he nodded. “Just let me tell you, Ssul. Your Oppa is too shy, since he’s usually mean to me and now he has to declare his love to me.”

                Taemin and Sulli laughed at Krystal’s words and just believed her.

**

                After they finished eating, they decided to watch a movie at the cinema. All of Taemin and Sulli’s questions were answered smoothly by Krystal, and Minho didn’t say even a word. He just smiled and nodded at whatever Krystal said. He’s absolutely the worst liar ever.

                When they were at the cinema, Taemin and Sulli decided to queue for the ticket while Minho and Krystal should buy the popcorns and sodas. So for a while, the two couples were parted. As soon as Minho and Krystal was far enough from Taemin and Sulli, Minho let out a long sigh.

                “I wouldn’t recommend an acting career to you, dude,” Krystal spoke up. “You’re totally awkward and so unnatural.”

                “I’m not interested in being an actor too, though,” Minho spoke back.

                “Good, because no one would want an actor like you,” Krystal said simply and it made Minho gave her a look. Krystal let out a sigh too, “Lying to be your girlfriend is not easy, you know, especially if I have to cover all of your awkwardness like that.”

                “I’m sorry for being a bad actor then, I wasn’t born to have a talent of a liar, just like someone who had to cover up for my awkwardness,” Minho snapped and it made Krystal offended. Krystal stopped her track and looked at him.

                “Are you trying to say I’m a liar?” Krystal raised her voice, and Minho looked away without answering. Krystal took a few deep breath to calm her down before saying, “Okay, fine. I am a big fat liar, who sinned in so many lies. I don’t care about what you think. Just remember what are we doing now, and let’s focus, because I don’t see you trying to separate them at all. We can’t go back now because we’re already here, saying we’re madly in love with each other. Or should we say we’re breaking up now? And then cause suspicion, so we just have to admit that we lied?”

                Minho was still not answering, and he’s not even looking back at Krystal.

                “Look, Minho. I’m trying to help you here, even though I know it’s wrong. So let’s just cooperate well, shall we?” Krystal patted his shoulder and let her hand stayed there for a while. “When I’m helping you with this, I won’t get any advantages. If Taemin and Sulli really will separate, I don’t get any advantages of this. Taemin is a kind of guy who won’t date his best friend’s ex, aren’t I right? So don’t be so awkward with me and just focus on what you want.”

                Krystal gulped quietly as she finished saying it. She knew she was deceiving Minho too at the moment, but well she couldn’t think of any better idea to make Minho realize that what he’s doing is wrong.

                “You know what, let’s just have fun for today. Pretend that I really am your girlfriend. Or maybe just think of me as a friend for once, and let’s just have fun. Think of it as a practice and we can start trying to separate them again on the next date,” Krystal suggested.

**

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

okay, so i'm going to explain things a little, since some of you are confused whether Krystal is helping Minho or not.

Krystal is not changing her mind, she's not helping Minho to separate Taemin and Sulli anymore. Instead, Krystal is trying to make Minho realize that trying to separate Taemin and Sulli is a bad thing. But since Minho is such a hot-headed guy, Krystal can't just tell Minho to stop. Just like in chapter 10, Minho is not listening to Krystal when she told him that trying to separate Taemin-Sulli is a bad thing.

And in chapter 10 too, there's a scene of Myungsoo talking to Krystal:

                “But, you know, I think it would be nicer if that person who had this agreement with you stopped doing it too, since well, it’s a bad thing, right?” Myungsoo said.

                “I tried to tell him to stop doing this, but he didn’t listen. So it’s his problem.”

                “Don’t be so mean to him, Soojung ah. Don’t make only yourself to be the good one. If you can make him stop too, that’ll make you a much better person than just good.”

                “But this guy is very hard to persuade. I don’t think I can tell him to stop, so just let him be.”

                “Well it’s up to you, I’m just saying what I would have done if I were you. And if it’s hard, just make a strategy. Think of it as a game, then it’ll be fun.”

                “Strategy?”

                “Yes, like… maybe joining his scheme, but at the same time ruining his scheme to do this bad agreement?” Myungsoo suggested. By that, Krystal just gained herself a very bright idea.

From that scene, Krystal got the idea to make Minho stop trying to ruin Taemin-Sulli's relationship. And since Minho wouldn't listen to Krystal, Myungsoo gave the idea for Krystal to pretend to help Minho, but actually she's trying to ruin Minho's plan to ruin Taemin-Sulli's relationship.

I'm sorry if I'm confusing you guys, haha. If you guys are still confused, feel free to ask about it to me. Haha.

Thanks for all of your supports, guys! ♡♡♡