Chapter 3

Mission: Project Separation

 

                Krystal had her arm linked with Sulli, just like always. Though she looked happy, deep down, her mind was occupied.

                “Krys,” Sulli called suddenly, right before they’re stepping on the first staircase. “You said I should accept him, right?”

                Krystal nodded. Though she looked all fine with it, but deep down she regretted saying those supporting words to Sulli. But she knew she couldn’t take those words back. Even if she could, she wouldn’t.

               Sisters before misters.

               And besides, for the record, Sulli actually likes somebody. That’s rare. Sulli had crushes on most cute guys on earth, Krystal dares to swear about that, but she knew deep down there was no special feelings towards any of her crushes. The last guy she liked was also her first love. In addition, that was four years ago. See how hard it is for Sulli to really like somebody? Krystal wouldn’t dare to take away the guy she likes.

                But this Taemin… Krystal just knew him for two days and yet from the first time she saw him, she already had this crazy heart rate every time he’s near.

                No, no. Sisters before misters. That’s final.

                “Yes, I think you should,” Krystal said firmly, but with an assuring smile on her face. At the moment she said it, she felt like her world had split down in the middle. But she knew it was the right thing.

                “Then do you think it’s okay if I told him that today? I mean, after dinner?” Sulli shrugged as we kept on going down the stairs.

                “Yeah, of course. That would be perfect!” Krystal smiled widely. She let out a deep breath as if she was relieved, when the truth was she was trying to ease the ache.

                “I feel much stronger when you’re here, so don’t go home yet after dinner, alright?” Sulli warned with a nervous tone. Krystal chuckled in response.

                “Don’t worry, just promise me that you’ll treat me ice cream after!” Krystal winked to Sulli to calm her nervous state. Sulli smiled at Krystal and Krystal just knew she had done the right thing.

**

                The next day, Krystal woke up as early as the day before because of her phone alarm.

                “Darn it,” Krystal mumbled with her sleepy tone as she tried to find her phone. She forgot to turn off the alarm because last night when she got home, all she did was spacing out on her bed. Why she needs to turn off her alarm? Because she had no ‘important thing’ to do anymore early in the morning. And yes, her ‘important thing’ is waiting for Taemin to show up at Starbucks.

                She sighed after succeeded turning off her alarm. She looked around and then threw herself back to the bed with a groan.

                “I should sleep more. I still have two hours left to sleep,” she mumbled to herself as she closed her eyes.

                10 minutes…

                20 minutes…

                30 minutes…

                Her eyes were heavy. Her eyes were shut. But she couldn’t sleep. She just wanted to get up and go to Starbucks, waiting for Taemin. She still got that tiny little hope that Taemin would turn his attention on her, instead of Sulli.

                Krystal’s eyes shot wide open.

                She slapped her own cheek. “Stupid Soojung, Taemin is Sulli’s boyfriend now. Your bestfriend’s boyfriend.”

                She stayed quiet for a few minutes before suddenly she jumped out of her bed and headed to the shower.

**

                Krystal took a deep breath before entering Starbucks. She mentally cursed herself that she somehow could end up here, without her mind’s permission. But now that she’s here, there’s no going back. She walked in and looked around. No sign of Taemin. That’s good, then she could just buy her favorite coffee to make her chill, and left immediately before Taemin shows up.

                As soon as Krystal got her coffee, she turned around to walk away from the cashier, but she almost bumped into someone who was standing behind her.

                “You better be careful, Krystal ssi,” the familiar voice said. Krystal looked up to see that Taemin was standing in front of her. She blinked a few times before snapping back to the world.

                “I’m sorry,” she said with a weak smile as she stepped away. “There you go, you can order.”

                “Thanks,” Taemin stepped forward and he ordered. But as soon as she was about to leave, Taemin stopped her, “Krystal ssi, are you waiting for Sulli?”

                “Sulli? No, she’s not that into coffee. You should remember that, now that you’re her boyfriend,” she laughed teasingly despite the ache she felt inside.

                Taemin chuckled shyly. “I knew that. She just said that she’s probably going to go here this morning, and maybe she told you to come with her.”

                “Oh,” Krystal nodded. “Well, now that you’re my best friend’s boyfriend, just call me Krystal, don’t be so formal,” Krystal said as she tried to be just friends with him.

                Taemin nodded in reply, “Okay, Krystal. You can call me Taemin, as well.”

                “Sounds good,” Krystal smiled, so did Taemin as he was a good natured one. “But I hope we won’t be enemy since your best friend is somehow my enemy.”

                Taemin laughed at the statement. “Minho Hyung? To be honest I never thought that he would ever talk like last night, especially to a girl,” he said.

                “I know right! He was very rude to me,” Krystal made a face and Taemin just chuckled. “He is so mean, like a devil. And I wondered how on earth does his sister is such an angel.”

                “But he is only mean to you though, I swear. I know him well enough that he is the gentleman type of guy who never talks rude,” Taemin said as he took his coffee from his cashier. The two of them walked together to an empty table, saving spot for Sulli.

                “Not to me he is,” Krystal rolled her eyes and sipped her coffee.

                They sat on their own respective chairs and enjoyed the silence for a bit. Krystal silently sighed. She wanted to avoid Taemin, but now what? She’s sitting on a table with him. This is just… wonderful.

                Suddenly Sulli appeared from the door with a flashing smile.

                “Ssul!” Krystal hyped up and waved at her. Taemin immediately turned around to see her. He stood up and greeted her as well.

                Sulli stopped in front of Taemin and they were quiet. Krystal just looked at them.

                Most couple pecks each other’s cheeks, or even lips, or maybe hugs as a greeting. But these two, they just stood in front of each other, looking at their own shoes, blushing and biting their lips shyly. It was cute though.

                Taemin decided to break the silence, “So, did you sleep well?”

                Krystal truthfully thought his line was lame, but deep down she couldn’t help but to feel jealous. She started to imagine if it was her on Sulli’s position. She knew her heart would beat so fast that she couldn’t even stutter a word. She envied Sulli, she’d admit. But she wouldn’t trade her best friend’s happiness for her own. Krystal is a lot of thing, but she’s not selfish- well, at least about guys.

                Sulli just shyly nodded at the question Taemin asked and she looked up. “How about you?”

                “I did too,” Taemin smiled and he gestured her to sit.

                “Morning, Krys,” Sulli greeted Krystal with a soft smile.

                “Morning, bestie,” Krystal winked at Sulli as a response. As soon as the couple sat next to each other, Krystal looked at the two of them. “I think I am being a light bulb here, aren’t i?” Krystal said as she stood up, ready to leave some privacy to the couple.

                “No, no, it’s fine,” Taemin assured her and Sulli also made a gesture for her not to leave.

                “Well, okay,” Krystal went back to sit. “Then I’m just gonna play with my phone, don’t mind me, please,” Krystal grinned and took out her phone.

                “Hey, guys,” suddenly a voice was heard, so all three of them looked up. It was Minho. He was holding a cup of fresh hot coffee and Krystal’s eyes went wide.

                “Why are you here?” Krystal blurted.

                “Oh, good morning too, Krystal,” Minho batted his eyelashes at her sarcastically. “Morning, Taem.” Minho immediately took a seat beside Krystal, as that was the only seat that was empty.

                “Morning, Hyung,” Taemin greeted.

                “Sorry, Krys, I didn’t know you were coming, so I said to Oppa that it’s okay of he tagged along,” Sulli said apologetically.

                “Ugh,” Krystal just made a sound.

                “Hey, don’t be like that. I am not that happy to meet you too,” Minho complained.

                “The feeling’s mutual, good,” Krystal commented.

                “You know, seeing you makes my coffee suddenly tastes bad,” Minho said.

                “Oh no, it tastes bad because you have such a dirty tongue,” Krystal replied.

                “Dirty because I have to talk to you.”

                “Oh you mean mocking me?”

                “I never mock on people.”

                “Oh yes, because you’re such a gentleman and gentlemen don’t mock,” Krystal made a sarcastic gesture and Minho made a face.

                “You two, please stop, people are watching,” Sulli broke the fight and both heads turned at her. Sulli and Taemin already stood up, ready to go. “We’re going to leave first, though. I’m sorry, Krystal, but did you remember what Mr. Jin told me? He wanted to see me this morning. And Taemin Oppa said he’s taking me there, so we’re going to leave first.”

                Krystal wanted to tag along, instead of being there with Minho, but the couple needs some privacy. She also needs a lot more time without Taemin.

                “It’s fine. I’m going to finish my coffee here, then,” Krystal smiled.

                “No, no, I’m coming with you,” Minho stood up, but seeing his action, Krystal immediately pulled him back to seat. Her action made all three of them confused.

                “I’m not done arguing with you,” Krystal immediately came with an excuse as she narrowed her eyes on Minho and Minho just gave her a weird look.

**

 

 

------------------------------------------

WOOHOO!!  double updateee xP lol