Chapter 8

Mission: Project Separation

                “Who’s him?” Minho whispered to Krystal’s ear. Krystal didn’t even bother to answer, instead she pulled away her arm from Minho’s grip.

                “Do you remember me?” the man asked as soon as he was close enough to them. Krystal smiled awkwardly and nodded. The man laughed and messed her hair, “Still as cute as ever.”

                Krystal blushed lightly at the comment and Minho was aware of that. Weirdly, he felt hot suddenly, but he just shrugged off the feeling and examined the man’s face closely.

                “Oh, how rude of me, sorry,” he smiled to Minho as he offered Minho his hand. “I’m Soojung’s… well, I wouldn’t call myself as her ex-boyfriend, since we never really dated. But we were close to that,” he said lightly. “So we’re kinda in the complicated term, I think?” he paused with a smile for a while, “But anyway, Kim Myungsoo.”

                Minho took his hand and shook it. “Choi Minho.”

                “Current partner? Or is he your boyfriend?” Myungsoo teasingly asked Krystal who made a disgusted face.

                “Me? Dating him?” Krystal held back a laugh. “If I have to choose to date a whale or him, I’ll choose a whale.”

                Minho was somehow hurt by her comment, but Myungsoo found it funny so he laughed lightly.

                “You still have an incredible sense of humor, Jung ah,” Myungsoo commented and Krystal thanked him sweetly.

                “Thank you,” Minho mimicked Kyrstal’s action, with some eyelashes batting, which earned a light punch on his arm from Krystal.

                “Sorry, my… acquaintance here is a bit crazy,” Krystal said and Minho glared at her.

                “Yah!”

                “So, Oppa,” Krystal called cutely. “Let’s go somewhere and catch up with each other, shall we?” Krystal walked closer to Myungsoo and he nodded.

                “Sure, does your friend want to come along?” Myungsoo asked.

                “Huh? What friend?” Krystal played dumb and linked her arm to Myungsoo’s, as she dragged him away. Myungsoo just looked back at Minho and sent him an apologetic smile.

                “Yah! Krystal Jung!” he screamed, but Krystal just ignored him.

**

                “I can’t believe that you’re moving to the same campus as I am!” Krystal beamed happily, earning a chuckle from Myungsoo. Krystal was already looking normal as she already took off her blonde wig. Myungsoo was confused at first about why she wore the wig before, and Krystal just said that it was a part of her drama project research, since she’s playing a tourist. Unexpectedly, Myungsoo fell for that.

                “I didn’t expect that too,” Myungsoo said, handing Krystal her paper cup of coffee before sitting down on his own seat. “Then I guess I’m going to be your sunbae, huh?”

                Krystal nodded. “It feels good to have you as a sunbae once again, Oppa.”

                Myungsoo smiled at her, “It feels better to have you as a hoobae once again, Jung ah. You’ve always been my favorite junior.” He gave her a wink and Krystal just laughed.

                There was silence for a while, but it wasn’t awkward. They were busy with their own drinks, and also with their own mind.

                Krystal was feeling a bit guilty for leaving Minho just like that, but she tried her best to shrug off her feelings. And well, Myungsoo was thinking about something else that kept bothering him since he saw this girl who had been his first love and first heartbreak.

                “Soojung ah,” Myungsoo called, “Are you in any kind of relationship right now?” His voice got lower, signing that he’s in the serious mode. Krystal immediately sipped on her coffee to actually take a second to think for an answer. The answer was simple actually, no. But it’s just difficult to deliver the word without giving him his hopes up. Krystal used to like him, but she realized it was only a fling. She could see from his eyes that it’s different for him. She knew Myungsoo still thinks about her, even if they just met again for an hour. She could feel all the longing in his eyes. But she knew her feelings won’t be the same as before, there’s just this invisible line that make Krystal wanted him to be just friends with her.

                “No, I’m trying to focus on my studies for now. No boys, dates, or such,” Krystal laughed nervously, which was oblivious for Myungsoo, as he didn’t notice even a bit of her lie. She’s Krystal Jung after all. She’s still a teenage girl who watches all the sweet dramas and wishing that girl was here. All she thinks about was mostly boys.

                Myungsoo grinned and teasingly eyed Krystal, “So I have a chance?”

                Krystal didn’t know what she should answer, so she just laughed and said, “You’re funny, Oppa.”

                “Why are you laughing?” Krystal’s laugh went down as soon as Myungsoo said so. “I’m serious.”

                Krystal just stared at Myungsoo’s now serious face and said nothing.

                “I’m kidding, you said no boys, no dates, so there won’t be me too, right?” Myungsoo said with a smile, but Krystal noticed the hurt in his voice, so Krystal stayed quiet, sipping her coffee quietly.

“I can’t forget you, I admit,” Myungsoo started. “I know it has been almost 3 years, but I just can’t. At first I thought that this childish love of ours will just pass away as time goes by, but I keep on missing you. And now, after seeing you again, after being fated to meet again, I’m starting to realize that you’re not just a childish love of mine. I don’t know if you feel the same, but I know it’s just too sudden. We met like only an hour ago and I’m already blabbering about this, of course you are shocked, so I’m giving you time to think if well… we can go back like the old days, or maybe becoming something more?”

**

                “He said that!?” Sulli’s voice echoed in Krystal’s room. Krystal nodded absent-mindedly, lying on her bed and staring at her room’s ceiling. “Gosh, and what did you say?”

                “I said I don’t know if my feelings for him is still the same. So I need time,” Krystal replied weakly, without looking away from her ceiling. Then both of them stayed quiet for a moment, sorting their own minds.

                “Now, tell me the truth, do you still like him, Kryssie?” Sulli asked. And Krystal knew the answer without having to think for long, so she shook her head.

                “Have you ever thought of him in all these three years?” Sulli asked again.

                Krystal took a few seconds before answering, then she sighed. “Sometimes he crossed my mind, sometimes I wondered if he’s doing fine, but just that. And I only thought of him a lot during the first of those three years. Lately I don’t get that kinds of adrenaline rush in my veins when I think of him like I used to.”

                “Why didn’t you say no to him then?”

                “I…,” Krystal sighed. “Well somehow I can’t say no. It’s like the word ‘no’ is stuck on my throat.”

                Sulli patted Krystal’s hand, so Krystal turned her head to face her best friend. “Just try to think of it.”

                Krystal nodded with a smile.

                “Wait!” Sulli suddenly raised her voice.

                “What?” Krystal blinked at her.

                “What about your crush?”

                Krystal took a deep breath. “I don’t like him anymore. Let’s just say that I’m losing my interests on him,” she lied. She cringed because of the lies she stated, but it was better than what she expected. She thought she would feel like jabbed all over her heart, but she was just overreacting. Krystal didn’t feel much pain. She sighed, confused with her own feelings.

**

                Krystal was rushing to her class because she woke up late. She thought too much about Myungsoo and Taemin, and a little about Sulli, which made her couldn’t sleep at all. She paced in a fast motion to her first class this morning. But she didn’t know that someone was expecting her at the end of the main hall.

                “Jung Soojung!” he called.

                Krystal mentally cursed herself, but she didn’t stop herself from pacing because if she stopped for a short chit-chat, then she would be late for real. At least if she’s rushing now, then the class won’t start yet even if everyone had taken their seats already. And if so, her lecturer won’t scold her for being late.

                “Jung Soojung!” he called once again, and this time, he grabbed Krystal’s wrist, which made Krystal stumbled back.

                And by that, she knew she was going to be late, and the one who made her late is someone she wanted to see the least. You know who even without me spelling his name.

**

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------

firstly, i am sorry for being on a hiatus. well... i have writer's block somehow o.e

second, thank you for everyone that keeps waiting for my update <3 i saw a comment today and well, it made me feel like i should continue this story, bcs tbh i like this story a lot, just having some writer's block so idk how to continue it.

on the bright side, i guess my grammar is getting better through all the time i was on hiatus, I THINK. so i guess it's a pretty good thing as well. haha.

so, hello again everyone!