Lucky

Diaries Of A Girl

I wake up in the morning and stayed in my warm bed for a little while to watch the sunlight filter through my bedroom window. It's already been a few weeks since I started enrolling in Oxford High, and so far, I can honestly say things have been good. 

 
**
 
“As you've might have heard from the student body, Oxford High will be holding a Valentine's Day concert in three weeks,” said Minra, the head of the student body. “This year's Valentine's Day concert will be unlike the ones we've had the previous years. This year's concert will no longer be organized by the teachers, but by the members of the student body instead.” 
 
“You guys actually have a Valentine's Day concert? Whoa, Oxford High never fails to surprise me.” Seungmi whispered. 
 
“We have it every year. I've never been to any of them though. I'm anticipating for this year's though. The student body's in charge anyway, they're pretty good.” Kim stretched her arms, sinking in her seat.
 
“All of you, will be helping us around for a bit. You'll be helping the student body in groups, on different days. I'll  put up the schedule over here. So you guys need to check what day you're assigned to. Any questions?” Minra asked. 
 
“When you say that this year's v'day concert is gonna be different, do you mean we get to bring our dates?” Daesung asked, smirking and somewhat eyeing Kim. Which is weird actually, cause I've never seen him smirking at her like that. 
 
Minra sat back in her chair, overcome by this new idea. “Dates huh?” She paused. “Sure, why not.” 
 
I felt a spark of excitement in me. THANK YOU DAE FOR ASKING THAT QUESTION! Minra dropped her file into her bag and stood up, “Well then, if you have any other questions, feel free to approach me or any of the members from the student body.” 
 
I got up from my seat and shuffled my way through to see what day I was assigned to. I scanned through the piece of white paper pasted onto the notice board. 'Park Seungmi – Friday' it read. Okay, a Friday. I guess that's fine. Who else is assigned to Friday? 'Ok Taecyeon, Amy Lee, Nichkhun Horvejkul'. WAIT, NICHKHUN?! DID I JUST SEE NICHKHUN'S NAME?! I stared at his name for another solid 30 seconds, 'Nichkhun Horvejkul'. Holy..
 
“Oh man! We're not gonna be working together.” Kim pouted, crossing her arms. 
 
“But you and I are. Look, Thursday. Han Kimberly, Kang Daesung.” He grinned. “Too bad we're not gonna start helping out today. So I guess you'll start tomorrow huh, Seungmi?” 
 
“Huh? I start tomorrow? What day is it today?” I glanced at my cellphone screen. “Thursday.” Tomorrow's a Friday?! I start tomorrow?! 
 
“Alright then, we're gonna get lunch. You coming?” Kim asked, grabbing her Chemistry textbook in one hand.
 
“No, you guys go first. I'm staying back for a while, I've got some things to complete.” I said. “Seeya tomorrow.”  
 
I slumped back into my seat and took out my olive green ring file. There wasn't anybody in class, so I might as well do a little bit of self revision. My eyes landed on the few books I borrowed the other day. Damn, I better return them before Ms Hwang hunts me down for the books. 
 
“Seungmi?” I hear my name being called. I turned my head and found Wooyoung at the door. “Hi.” I said. 
 
“Aren't you going back yet?” He asked, leaning against the wooden door. 
 
I shook my head. “You?” I asked with a smile. 
 
“Well I was looking for Dae, couldn't find him. Have you seen him?” He walked over the empty seat beside me and placed his bag on the table. 
 
“Yeah, he just left with Kim to get lunch. Are you staying back too?” I asked, looking down at my Physics worksheet. Man, I at Physics. 
 
“Looking at your answers for questions 2, 3 and 8, I'm guessing I'll have to stay and help you out with your Physics.” He said, chuckling. 
 
“Is that an excuse to stay behind?” I poked him with the end of my pen. 
 
“Maybe?” He shifted his chair closer and took out a piece of blank paper. 
 
**
 
Studying with Wooyoung was beneficial to me. Well at least I finally did something productive. I better thank him if I get an A for the Physics test next week. I walked along the corridors, making my way to the library. Now where was the library again? Man, I'm bad with directions. “Oh shoot.” I muttered as all my books fell onto the ground. 
 
“Sorry, lemme help you.” I look up to see Nichkhun right in front of my eyes. I froze up for a moment, but finally came back to my senses when I realised he had picked up my books. 
 
“Thanks.” I said, feeling slightly embarrased at our exchange of looks. 
 
“Were you about to return these? The library's closed y'know.” He said, slipping his hands into his pocket. 
 
“Ah, really? Damn it. Thanks for telling me though.” I ped my school bag and dropped the books in. Great, now my bag is heavier. 
 
“You and I, we're assigned to the same day right? For tomorrow?” He asked.
 
“Friday, right? Yeah. I'm assigned to Friday too.” I said. “So we've got three weeks till the concert, huh.”
 
“Yeah. Have you decided who you're gonna go with?” 
 
Wait, what is he talking about? 
 
“Your date.” He said, realising that I didn't get him. “Have you decided?”
 
“Oh, that. I don't know yet, it's pretty early. And, no one has asked me yet. What about you?” Right now, I was hoping he'd maybe ask me. I mean, I would want to go with him.. and be his date.
 
“I've not thought about it yet. Like you said, it's pretty early.” He smiled. “Well, I'll see you tomorrow okay? I've got practice, seeya.”
 
I nodded, letting a long sigh escape my lips as I watch him go. Yay! We talked. 
 
**
 
8PM.
 
“Yeoboseyo?” I picked up the phone. 
 
“Mi? HI! It's Kim. We're uhm, outside your house right now. And I was wondering if you'd like to come along for a coffee at Coffee Bean. Are you free now?” She asked. 
 
“Yeah, I'll be down in 5. Hold on.” I hung up, grabbing my ripped Levi's jeans and a baseball shirt. “Mom! I'm going out for a bit. I'll be back later!” I rushed down the stairs and opened the door. 
 
Outside, stood Kim, Dae and Woo. I figured Dae and Woo were gonna be there. “HI!” I said. Crap, I should've brought my jacket with me. It's fricken cold out here. 
 
“Hey!” A wide grin spreaded across Kim's face. She's excited to see me, she is always is. “Let's go.” 
 
We arrived at Coffee Bean after a 20 minute walk. By the time, we reach, I was already freezing my off. I regret so much for not bringing my jacket. I rubbed my palms together and waited impatiently for my hot coffee. 
 
“Put it on,” Wooyoung ped his black leather jacket. “You look like you're gonna freeze to death.” He chuckled. 
 
“Thanks.” I took the jacket and quickly put it on. Woo is such a life saver. Now where is my coffee?! 
 
“So, are you guys excited for the v'day thing?” Dae asked with much interest in his face. 
 
“I don't know, is it even compulsory for us to go? I don't feel like it.” Kim sighed. I hope she goes. Daesung kind of looks like he's about to ask her to the dance. 
 
So maybe secretly, I do want Nichkhun to ask me to that dance although I also know that I'm not going to stand a chance with him. That kid's popular, and 2/3 of the girls in Oxford High are ten times prettier than I am. 
 
“Who are you going with?” I look at Wooyoung with entertaining eyes. 
 
“No idea. You?” He asked. 
 
“Me too.” I pouted. This . I hope to get a date ASAP. 
 
We chilled at Coffee Bean for about an hour and by the time it was 10.30pm, Kim was already yawning and looking all tired. “You better send her home, she shouldn't be going home alone at this hour.” I told Dae. 
 
“Sure, I'll see you guys tomorrow. Bye Mi, bye Woo.” Dae waved at us, and made his way out after. 
 
I took Woo's jacket off and passed it to him, “Thanks. I'll see you tomorrow too.” I said. 
 
“I'll walk you home. You shouldn't be going home alone at this hour.” Woo said, before giving me a goofy grin. 
 
“Alright.. fine.” I laughed and followed him out of Coffee Bean. We were almost nearing my house before he said anything. “Thanks for helping me out with my Physics.” I said. 
 
“Sure. I'm awesome at Physics y'know.” Woo said, flicking his collar like as if he's got a major in it. 
 
“Okay I take that back.” I teased, elbowing him lightly. We finally reached my doorsteps a few minutes later. That was fast. “Thanks, once again.” I said, passing him his jacket. “Seeya.” 
 
“You too. Goodnight, Mi.” He smiled and started to walk away. 
 
I closed the door behind me and crept up my room quietly. My cellphone screen started flashing. Oh, a text message? It was from Amy. “Hi Seungmi! I know it's late to text you right now, but I've got something on tomorrow so I'll be coming a little late for the help out. I don't have Minra's number, so help me inform her okay? Thanks!” Alright, so Amy's coming late tomorrow? Well at least there's Nichkhun. I barely talk to Taecyeon anyway. He's big, like, really big. He scares me. 
 
I replied Amy with a simple, “Yeah. Ok.” and tucked myself into bed. Before I even got to close my eyes and fall asleep, I felt my cellphone vibrating under my pillow again. Groaning, I reached out for it. “Hello?” 
 
“Mi? Are you asleep?” Kim asked. 
 
“Uhh.. yeah I was about to. S'ok, what's up?” I rubbed my eyes. 
 
“It's about the dance. You know, I was thinking of-” 
 
“Asking Dae to the dance?” I cut her off. 
 
“WHAT. NOOOOO! WHAAAT? NOO MAN!” Kim started shouting into the phone. That woke me up, I was honestly half dead when she called me. 
 
“Okay dude, chill. Oh man that hurt my ears.” Crap, my eardrums are gonna burst. “Anyway, you don't have to ask Dae. He's gonna ask you. It's so fricken' obvious.” I said. 
 
“Right.. Do you think.. he's into me?” She asked.
 
“I guess. It seems like it. Look, whatever happens, I've got your back alright Kim?” I said. “Now can I go back to sleep? We've got school tomorrow.” 
 
“Yeah, alright. Seeya tomorrow Mi. Goodnight.” 
 
**
 
Dear diary,
 
So I bumped into Nichkhun today (OH THANK GOD!!!!). We talked for a while and I swear to god my it was the best 10 minutes of my life. Also, I checked the schedule Minra left on the notice board today, and guess what! GUESS WHAT! I'm gonna be helping out with the valentine's day concert.. WITH NICHKHUN. YES! I AM LUCKY. I AM A LUCKY GIRL~!
 
Oh, I hanged out with Kim, Dae and Woo at Coffee Bean too today. For some weird reason, I've got a feeling Dae's gonna ask Kim to the dance. JUST LOOK AT HIM, HE'S HAD HIS EYES GLUED TO HER FOR WEEKS. I've got no date yet, boo. But oh well, let's just wait. That's all for today, I'll write again tomorrow. Toodles.
 
Xoxo, 
      Mi.