OO7: These Are My Confessions

Diaries Of A Girl

 

The next day began like a any other typical day at school. I went to school with Kim and Daesung as usual. I felt weird walking with them though. Now that they're officially dating, I feel like a third wheel. But at least they don't go all lovey-dovey towards each other whenever I'm around. I'm not a fan of public display of affection, especially not now.

 

Mr Ok threw a couple of assignments on my table. I stared at it blankly. Oh great, group work. I scanned through the paper and sighed.

 

“You will not be allowed to pick your members. Your members will the people sitting in your row. I'm giving you a week to complete this. Marks will be deducted if you hand in late,” Mr Ok pushed his glasses and turned to the board.

 

At this point of time, I swear I was about to slam my head on the table. It wasn't because I was in the same group as Taecyeon, Amy and Aisha, but because I'm also in the same group as that selfish heartbreaker bastard, Nichkhun Horvejkul.

 

**

 

“Are you alright?” Kim kicked my foot lightly. “Your food doesn't seem to be moving,” she said, frowning slightly.

 

“I'm good,” I smiled. “So, the fund raising event is coming up soon right?” I shifted to the left side of the bench so that Wooyoung could sit beside me.

 

“Next week, yeah. I heard C.N Blue's coming for a mini stage performance. They're helping us to raise the funds too. I better get an autograph,” Kim stirred her melted Sticky Chewy Chocolate icecream.

 

I nodded simply and played around with the peas on my plate. It's been three weeks ever since that incident. Me and Nichkhun started talking again. We weren't as close as we were at the beginning, we were more like, normal friends. The thing was, whenever he talked to me, it was like nothing ever happened between us. Nothing at all, not a single bit.

 

“I'm gonna get to class, I've gotta prepare some things,” I picked up my tray and slung by bag over my shoulders. “Seeya.”

 

“Do you like her, Wooyoung?” Kim leaned forward and raised her eyebrows. “The way you look at Mi. Oh, not to mention when you dashed out of the school when you found out Nichkhun had turned up at the dance with Minra. You like her, admit it.”

 

Wooyoung chuckled, biting on the straw of his cup of Sprite. “No, I don't.”

 

Kim sighed and squeezed his hand, “Listen, if you like her, go after her. You shouldn't be holding back,” Kim smiled at him assuringly.

 

-

 

“So I was thinking of getting her a couple ring for her birthday,” Nichkhun went on, flipping through the pages of some magazine. “Couple ring or couple neckla-”

 

“SHUT THE UP!” I yelled. I was shaking and breathing fast. Rage was building inside of me. I clenched my fists hard, so hard that my nails were digging into my skin. “Just.. what is wrong with you,” I spoke, my voice breaking. “You talk like nothing ever happened between us. You tell me about Minra, talk to me about your goddamn couple rings bull like as if I don't have feelings. You kissed me, asked me to the dance and ditched me after. Did you ever think about how I felt when you did that? Are you happy now? You have the girl you've been crushing on for years in your hands now. That's what you wanted wasn't it? So much that you were willing to break my heart just to get her. Stop acting like one big , Nichkhun. Not everybody in this school is in love with you,” I held back my tears and walked out of the classroom.

 

I ran out, my bag swaying from left to right as I ran as fast as I could. My tears just started rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably. “Seungmi?” Amy grabbed my arm, Kim and Wooyoung stood beside her. I quickly wiped my tears with my sleeve. “What's wrong?” she asked, her grip on my tightened.

 

I turned back to see Nichkhun just about to leave the class, Minra just around the corner. “Everything's wrong.” I said. “I have to go,” I gently pulled her hand away from my arm and quickened my pace. I just wanted to be home. Right now, I didn't care about class. I knew I'd get detention for skipping classes. But I'd rather go detention then show up to class with puffy eyes.

 

“Go,” Kim placed her hand on Wooyoung's shoulder, “Seungmi needs you. Amy and I will help you cover up in class. Go, now.”

 

Wooyoung nodded. “Thanks,” he said, quickly running after Seungmi.

 

**

 

I ran to the park and sat down by a fountain. I've stopped crying and my eyes were now red and swollen. I hugged my knees and let out a depressing sigh.

 

“You're run pretty fast,” Wooyoung jogged towards me. He ped his Puma hoodie and sat beside me. “What happened?”

 

“I told him. I poured out all my feelings and told him how I've been feeling... how hurt I was. I'm glad I did it. Still, that didn't change the fact that my heart is still broken. It . Love ,” I said, kicking a pebble to the ground. I turned my head to Wooyoung. His eyes were calm and I honestly felt better telling him whatever that has been happening. “Why did you follow me anyway? You have class, you'll get yourself in trouble.”

 

Wooyoung looked at his black high cut Converse, “Would you believe me if I told you I liked you?”

 

“What?” I leaned closer to him. Am I hearing things? Did I really just heard what he said?

 

**

 

“Han Kimberly, where is your little friend Park Seungmi and Jang Wooyoung?” Mr Lee walked towards Kim with the class register in his hand.

 

“Seungmi was sent home, she's not feeling well,” Kim said, crossing her fingers underneath her table, praying that Mr Lee would buy her story.

“Very well, please pass these worksheets to her tomorrow,” Mr Lee placed a black ring file on the desk. “And what about Jang Wooyoung, where is he?”

 

Kim's eyes widened, realising she had forgotten to come up with a fake story to cover Wooyoung up. “She's uh- I mean he's uhm..” She stammered.

 

“He's got diarrhoea. He's pooping everywhere in the toilet,” Amy blurted out.

 

Mr Lee cringed. He remained quiet and placed Wooyoung's worksheet on Amy's table before starting class. “Alright, today we'll be starting on chapter six.”

 

“Diarrhoea? What!” Kim slapped her forehead. “I said we'd cover him, not embarrass him. Oh my god. Nice save, Amy,” she laughed. “Oh god, Woo's gonna kill me.”

 

**

 

Minra looked at cellphone screen- a picture she and Nichkhun had taken on Valentine's Day. Her mind has been drifting away ever since she overheard the conversation between her boyfriend, Nichkhun and Seungmi an hour ago. It bothered her that she was the reason why Nichkhun ditched Seungmi. Seungmi was her friend, and as much as she wasn't very fond of her when she caught Nichkhun and Seungmi goofing around in class before the dance, Seungmi still was her friend.

 

**

 

“Hello?” I whipped out my Android and turned out the loudspeaker. “Kim?”

 

“Seungmi? Where are you now? Is Wooyoung with you?” Kim said.

 

“Yeah yeah, he's with me. We're about to go home. Why?”

 

“I have some worksheets for you. Mr Lee wants it first thing in the morning tomorrow. And since you and Wooyoung didn't come for class today, you're paired together to complete your assignment. I handed the papers to April. Yours and Woo's.”

 

“Hey did Mr Lee ask anything about me?” Wooyoung took my phone and spoke into the it.

 

“Uhh yeah..” Kim's voice trailed off.

 

“And what did you say?”

 

“KIM SAID THAT YOU HAD DIARRHOEA AND THAT YOU WERE POOPING EVERYWHERE!” Daesung's voice was heard in the background. There was an awkward silence followed by a loud smack. I figured it was Kim smacking Daesung, she always does when Daesung starts doing the stupidest things.

 

“So uh, complete your assignment alright. Bye!”

 

**

 

“Geez, you can't hit me. I'm your boyfriend!” Daesung rubbed his head and brought his lips to a pout.

 

“I did not say Woo had diarrhoea! Amy did!” Kim snapped, clapping her cellphone. “I am so dead tomorrow.”

 

“Ah, my head,” Daesung placed his hand on the back of his head. “You could've hit me lightly.”

 

“Why did you say that it was a paired work? It's individual isn't it?” Amy asked, highly curious.

 

“Wooyoung clearly likes her. I don't wanna see Seungmi hurting anymore. Maybe if she opened up a little, she'd give Wooyoung a chance and maybe she'll feel the same way towards him,” Kim smiled. “Who knows, they'll might actually work out?”

 

**

 

“April?” I unlocked the door and slipped out of my flat pumps. I headed over the living room and saw Junho munching on a bowl of nachos. “Hi Junho?” I said. What was he doing here? “Where's April?”

 

“Hi! April's in the kitchen,” He waved. “Who's he?” He nodded at Wooyoung who stood behind me.

 

“This is Jang Wooyoung.” I said, taking Wooyoung's hand and dragging him upstairs before Junho starts asking me questions. “We'll be in the room!” I shouted from upstairs.

 

I picked up the set of worksheets left on my messy table. “Here,” I gave Wooyoung his. Wooyoung sat on my bed with a picture book in his hand. “What are you doing?” I asked.

 

“Looking at your pictures,” He said, flipping through each of them one by one. “You looked cute when you're young.”

 

I crossed my arms and frowned, “Are you saying I'm old and saggy now?” I joked.

 

“No,” he clapped the photo album, “You're sweet and beautiful now.”

 

I bit my inner cheeks to prevent myself from smiling. I'm a person who gets really happy when I get compliments. It's not like I get compliments like this everyday. “Let's start work,” I put my hand on my hip and dangled the worksheet in front of him.

 

“Can I have this?” Wooyoung slid out a polaroid photo of us. It's not a recent photo. It was just a candid shot of us taken by Kim when she was experimenting with her new polaroid camera.

 

My hair was all over my face in the picture. I pretty much looked like Samara. I wonder why he wanted it. I nodded my head, “Sure.” Wooyoung took the photo and slipped into his file. “Let's start work now.”

 

**

 

Dear diary,

 

I've poured out all of my feelings to Nichkhun. I never thought I'd be able to yell at him like that. And to think I was clinging onto that little bit of hope, thinking he might one day change his feelings towards Minra and maybe like me. That I guess, will never happen. I'm fine now. Everything's over, right? The thing is, I think Wooyoung confessed to me about how he feels towards me today. I don't know man, I've always found him cute and all but I can't bring myself to imagine me dating him, being his girlfriend. I didn't reject him though, I just smiled. One thing for sure is that I never wanna get my heart broken again.

 

Xoxo,

Seungmi.