OO5: First Kiss

Diaries Of A Girl

 

 I glanced at my antique clock. It was 6.30pm. Amy's party starts at 8, and I haven't gotten ready yet. I opened my wardrobe and stared at my outfit for the party. My outfit was a sunshine yellow halter neck dress from Gucci that had a back that dipped really low. I teamed it with a black studded leather jacket from Guess and slipped on my black strapped Chanel gladiator heels.

 

I pulled my hair tie and shook out my bun, tousling a couple of pieces. As much as I've always wanted curls like Vannessa Hudgens, my hair appeared to looks just as good today. It was soft, and y. I checked did a last check on my make-up and hair before making my way down to wait for Kim, Daesung and Wooyoung.

 

I got downstairs and realised a perfectly laid dinner table. I glanced at Nana who was busy with a birthday cake for Dongwoon in the kitchen. “I'm leaving. I'll be back late,” I said, grabbing my LV purse. “Tell Dongwoon I said hi.”

 

Daesung's Volkswagen was parked outside, with Wooyoung waiting for me outside the car. For some weird reason, my heart was pounding crazily as I approached them. I myself have no idea why. “Hi,” I said, straightening my dress.

 

Wooyoung smiled at me and opened the door, “You look stunning.”

 

“Thank you,” I smiled back at him and hopped into the car. “Hi Kim,” I greeted. Kim was dressed in a maroon off shoulder dress, teamed with a glittery D&G killer heels. “You look hot,” I said.

 

We make it at Amy's a little bit after eight, probably right around time the party really starts going strong. Amy greeted us by the gates in her y low cut dress. “Glad you guys could make it,” she grinned.

 

I waited by the pool bar for Daesung to get me and Kim a drink. “Amy sure did invited loads of people,” I said, my eyes searching in the crowd for Nichkhun.

 

“Yeah, this isn't everybody yet though. Seniors usually come after midnight,” Kim said. Daesung came back with two glasses of cocktails, Wooyoung followed closely behind him.

 

The music was blasting through the stereos loudly. I had the urge to just break out into a dance and work some moves. But decided not to when my eyes met a couple of ty girls shooting my death-glares. Who are they anyway.. “I'm gonna go get something to eat,” I mouthed to Kim knowing it was pointless to yell with the loud music drowning my voice. She nodded and mouthed back, 'Seeya later'.. at least that's what I thought it was.

 

“You were so checking her out, weren't you?” Kim nudged Wooyoung, teasing him.

 

-

 

I went to the balcony to get some fresh air. The music wasn't so loud over here and I liked the wind that was blowing through my hair. “Having fun?” I heard a familiar voice coming up from behind me. I turned around to see Nichkhun walking towards me. He was dressed in a black long sleeved button down shirt and black pants. It suited him, it made him look mysterious but y. Very y.

 

Oh hi, didn't see you there,” I smiled. I grew shyer when his gaze wandered over me. Frantically hoping that my hair still looked good like it did when I left the house.

 

He shrugged, “I got here few minutes ago. I met Kim, but couldn't find you. Didn't think you'd be here.”

 

I smiled so wide that it felt like my face was about to split into two. It suddenly became quiet, and the loud blasting music was switched to a slower track. I was thanking whoever who switched the track so much in my heart. Great timing much? Nichkhun only stood a few inches away from me. The scent of his cologne was sweet scented, making my knees grow weak just by standing beside him.

 

“I was thinking,” he broke the silence.

 

“What?” I tried to remain calm, trying not to sound eager.

 

“Would you like to go the dance with me?” He asked. My eyes widened and my stomach somersaulted. YES I WOULD LIKE TO GO WITH YOU, YES!

 

I was close to hyperventilating but managed to control myself, “Sure, why not?” I smiled. Oh wow, I'm just getting good at this aren't I?

 

He smiled at my again and my heart instantly melted into a puddle at my feet. He took my hand and pulled my gently to the centre of the balcony. “May I have this dance?” He kissed my hand.

 

I swear I thought I was dreaming. Has been reading a book called 'How To Be A Perfect Guy'? Because he sure was getting every bit of it right.

 

I placed my hand around his neck while he placed his on my waist. We swayed to the music and were smiling to each other the whole time. And I realised Nichkhun was inching closer to me. I closed my eyes and felt his soft lips pressed against mine. Oh my god, somebody pinch me.

 

**

 

“Where have you been?” Kim asked. I grinned at her and dragged her to more quiet place. “Kim, I think I'm going to faint. You'll never guess what happened. Oh my god, I think I need the ambulance, I'm going to hyperventilate.”

 

“What? What happened?” Kim squeezed my shoulders.

 

“Nichkhun. Kissed. Me,” I said, word by word. “And he's gonna take me to the dance.”

 

Kim's lips spread broadly across her face, squealing and screaming the next second. “OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, MI! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!” She jumped.

 

We calmed down the next minute but when our eyes met, we both squealed. “Oh my god,” I breathed. It was still hard to believe that Nichkhun, the all time popular guy in school had just asked me out.

 

I checked the time. It was already 10pm. How long have I been up there talking to Nichkhun? Oh god. Party wasn't over. But tomorrow's a Monday and I could bet my with my life that half of the people turned up for the party today won't turn up in school tomorrow. Daesung had offered to send me home, but I refused to. I wanted him to spend a little time with Kim anyway. It was evident enough to me that both of them are into each other, but afraid to admit it. I planned to walk home, it'd be a longer journey, but I didn't mind. I didn't want to be seen smiling to myself. Wooyoung didn't went back with Daesung and Kim either. Instead, he offered to walk me home. I agreed to him though, I could use someone to talk to on the way back home.

 

It was a thirty minute walk from Amy's place to mine. Wooyoung and I talked about the most random things that first came up to my mind. Even though it was a thirty minute walk, talking to him felt so short. “Thanks for walking me back home, Woo,” I said. “Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight, Mi,” he said, before turning around. I smiled back at him and took of my heels. “Hey, Seungmi. You looked, really beautiful tonight. See ya tomorrow.”

 

I giggled and waved at him, “Thank you. And goodnight.” I went inside and realised Nana and Dongwoon were in the living room. I walked towards them and dimmed the lights after realising they were asleep. I grabbed a blanket and placed it over the both of them. I crept upstairs quietly and plopped onto the bed.

 

I decided to take a bath a few minutes later and turn in after. My cellphone beeped. A text message. From Nichkhun. My heart did a somersault as I opened the text message.

 

'Remember, you're mine for the dance. See you in school tomorrow. Goodnight, sweet dreams.'

 

I smiled to myself reading the text message. Oh, I sure will have sweet dreams tonight.

 

-

 

The next morning, I decided to pick out a cute outfit for school. I opened the doors of my wardrobe and grabbed a cream coloured V-neck eyelet blouse to match with my regular faded jeans. It was a rather sunny, so I decided on tying hair up in a fluffy bun. I searched for my sequinned headband and borrowed April's locket necklace. Now, I'm all set and ready for school.

 

Kim and Daesung came in class early today. Like I expected, most of the kids who partied at Amy's yesterday didn't turn up for class. I drummed my fingers, nervously waiting for Nichkhun, wondering if he's going to turn up today.

 

“Is there something you should tell me? You've been smiling to yourself for the past twenty minutes,” Kim nudged me.

 

I opened my mouth, about to say something, but was interrupted when the classroom door opened. It was him. “Good morning,” Nichkhun winked at me before pulling out the chair in front of him.

 

I smiled at him back, “Good morning.” I turned to Kim a shot her a look that says, Is This Obvious Enough? Kim gasped, her eyes went to Nichkhun and then back to me. Judging by her reaction, I guess she understood me. I nodded simply, tearing a piece of paper and scribbling, 'I'll tell u later'.

 

I waited for everybody to leave the classroom during break, I needed the room to myself and Kim. I knew there was going to be some screaming and squealing marathon coming up within the minute. Once everybody was out, I closed the door behind me and said, “We kissed.”

 

And with just those two words, it got Kim and myself squealing and gasping for air. After our mini squealing slash screaming session, Kim finally opened up to me and told me that she liked Daesung. Now, all I've got to do is get Daesung to confess to her in the most romantic way.

 

-

 

“I'm so tired today,” Amy placed her books on the table and massaged her shoulders. Taecyeon popped out from behind her and dropped a kiss on her cheek. “I spent the whole night cleaning up the place last night. Minra over here, threw up. I had to clean it up. Gross,” Amy said.

 

Minra looked at her apologetically, “Sorry. I drank a lot last night,” she said. Minra looked tired, her eyes were puffy and bloodshot. She rubbed her temples and groaned.

 

“Are you alright, Minra?” I asked. I was pretty worried, Minra did look like she was about to faint any second.

 

“Things between me and Sungyeol are pretty.. messed up,” she said. “Just when Valentine's Day is approaching. God knows who I'm going to the dance with.”

 

“You can go with Wooyoung,” Kim suggested. “That kid is dateless too.”

 

“He is?” I thought Woo was pretty popular in school. Maybe not as popular as the god Nichkhun Horvejkul, but still.

 

My eye caught the god I just mentioned about walking in the cafeteria. My eyes were glued onto him, following him wherever he went. The junior girls were staring at him too, so were the seniors. But guess what girls? He's taking me to the dance. Hallelujah!

 

“Hey, Mi, could you get me some more yoghurt please?” Kim tugged onto my blouse. I think she realised I was staring (and possibly drooling) at Nichkhun. Getting Kim some yoghurt would give me a chance to talk to him. Nichkhun took a tray and got in the queue.

 

“Yes, why not Kim?” I smirked at her and got up. I mouthed 'thank you' to her and she grinned at me.

 

“Hey,” Nichkhun said, noticing me behind him.

 

“Hi,” I said. Great, now that I was in front him, I totally forgot about what I'm supposed to say. “Can't wait for the dance,” I blurted out.

 

Nichkhun glanced at me, but didn't say a word. He didn't smile like he always did either. Did I say something wrong? I mentally slapped myself. He grabbed a sandwich and gave me tiny weak smile. “I'll catch you later soon, seeya.”

 

I nodded, taking a napkin. That was weird. What's up with him?

 

**

 

Dear diary,

School was... mediocre. I went to school feeling all excited and nervous cause Nichkhun, the ultimate god kissed me last night. And when I mentioned to him about the dance today, he didn't say anything. Which was weird. I wonder what's up...

 

PS: I still haven't gotten a dress for the dance. Gonna take Kim shopping for a dress tomorrow!

 

Countdown to the dance: 2 MORE DAYS.

 

Till then, Seungmi.