Maybe

Diaries Of A Girl

 

I jolted back as I woke up. My heart was pulsing when I realised I had slept on Wooyoung's shoulder the whole night. I stretched and reached out for my Android to check the time- 7.45am. “Oh, crap,” I muttered, pulling my hair up into a severely high ponytail. I shook Wooyoung lightly by the shoulder to wake him up, “Hey, get up. We've got school.”

 

Wooyoung turned around and rubbed his eyes. The sun glinted on face, making him squint as he propped himself up. “We fell asleep?” He ran his fingers through his copper coloured hair.

 

“Yeah. Are you gonna wear that to school? You could borrow my brother's clothes if you want to,” I pointed at Jay's room. “He's not at home, you can borrow his clothes.” I pulled out my drawer, tossing a baby blue towel at him. “You could use the bathroom here. I'll use the one downstairs. I'll change in April's room. You could use this room.”

 

I shuffled to Jay's room, coughing my brains out. I hope Jay comes back from the States soon, his room is mad dusty and I'm almost choking on the dust. I opened his wardrobe, pulling out a t-shirt and jacket. I walked back into the room and laid down the clothes before making my way downstairs to take a bath.

 

Humming to my favourite song, I lathered my hair up in strawberry scented shampoo and then rinsed off with pink-grapefruit shower gel. They smelled delicious that it perked me up. I got out of the shower and towel dry my hair. The door to my room was closed when I went up, so I decided to go down and make breakfast instead.

 

“Hey,” Wooyoung said. He was dressed in Jay's white Fred Perry t-shirt and black Armani jacket. How did pull off that look? It was usually what Jay would wear practically everyday whenever he goes out, but it somehow looked good on Woo. “Need help?”

 

“I'm almost done,” I beamed, turning over the pancakes. I poured myself a glass of milk and a glass of apple juice for Wooyoung. “Eat up,” I smiled.

 

“Good morning,” April walked in the kitchen. She stared at Wooyoung for a good one minute and then grabbed a couple of lemon puffs. “Hi, I'm April. Seungmi's sister,” April said.

 

“Wooyoung. Nice to meet you,” he beamed.

 

-

 

I strolled in class with a novel in my hand. My eyes flickered to Nichkhun and then back to my novel. I pulled out my chair and greeted Kim and Daesung a good morning. “Are you alright?” Kim asked, placing her hand on my shoulder.

 

I nodded. Surprisingly, I wasn't as much depressed as I was for the past few days. I think I'm finally myself again. Exams were coming in a week. The last thing I want is to get my head messed up.

 

“You know, I was thinking. How about we all have a group outing?” Amy suggested, clasping her hands together. “I mean, we could bring all our friends together and just have fun. Just one outing before we start cramming notes into our brains for exams. How does that sound?”

 

“Yeah, okay. Sounds cool. So, who with?” Kim asked, taking out her patterned notepad. She clicked her pen and started writing the down the names of all the people she wanted at the outing. “Hmmm, so we have myself, Dae, Mi, Woo, Taec and Amy. Anyone else?”

 

“How about Khun and Minra? We're pretty close to them aren't we?” Amy reminded. Oh joy, more people. I shifted in my seat and waited for Kim to say something. “So, they're coming too, okay?”

 

I nodded feeling unsure about the agreement to ask Nichkhun and Minra along. “Why do I feel like it's more of a group date and not a group outing?” I squared my shoulders. “Who am I supposed to hang out with? Man.”

 

“I could ask my hot cousins along. If you're okay with it,” Amy said in a small voice.

 

“Or, you could just be Wooyoung's date for a day? You see, problem solved,” Kim snapped her fingers. “I'm such a genius.”

 

My heart lifted. I don't really mind if Amy's hot cousins came along. I'm not quite sure about being's Wooyoung's date though. Maybe it'll be okay? But either way, both are fine. I kept nodding my head to the next fifteen minutes of the conversation, agreeing to almost everything.

 

“So, it's decided, this Saturday. We'll rent a chalet. Everyone will chip in. And then maybe we'll have a BBQ or something,” Kim said.

 

“Are you guys done talking over there?” Mr Ok glared at us, evidently annoyed.

 

**

 

SATURDAY, 1PM.

 

I dragged my bag and shoved it inside the boot of Daesung's car. “Hello people,” I breathed, smiling hugely as I got in. “Where's Amy?” I asked, tucking a lock behind my ear.

 

“In Taec's car. They'll follow behind us. I think they're picking up Khun and Minra,” Daesung changed gear and adjusted his front mirror. “Is it crammed back there?”

 

I glanced at the few things beside me. I have no idea what is in those bags. I shook my head, “Nope, it's fine.”

 

Thirty minutes later and we were at the doorstep of our chalet. To think that we actually managed to rent this huge bungalow. “I'll go get the bags,” I said voluntarily. I took the keys from Daesung and unlocked the boot. Grabbing the first bag I see, I lifted it up, struggling to get it out for the car. “Oh my god. What is in this bag, a dead body or something? So bloody heavy,” I tugged onto the strap and pulled it out with all my strength.

 

“And why did you volunteer to get the bags?” Wooyoung pranced from behind me, taking the huge bag easily from my hands. I blinked, astonised. “Just get your bag. I'll unload the rest,” he grinned.

 

“I brought foooooooooooood,” Amy sang, placing about seven plastic bags worth of food onto the dining table. “We'll have the BBQ at night, let's just go change and go for a swim now?”

 

“Hi! You've reached,” I squealed. Nichkhun stood beside her, not acknowledging my presence. I glanced at his face, but his expression was unreadable.

 

“I've unpacked my things, can we go to the beach now?” Kim danced down the stairs in her polka dotted mini dress and sun hat.

 

I changed into a tight fitting white coloured shirt and denim shorts and grabbed my Gucci shades. Minra came down dressed in lusty red tank top while Amy wore her new baby blue tube top teamed with a faded denim shorts.

 

I laid down the mat and applied my sunscreen. I'm tanned enough, I don't need to go home looking like a burnt beef jerky. Once again, I had volunteered myself to take care of the belongings while the others have fun in the water.

 

I watched as Kim and Daesung were goofing off in the water, splashing water at each other's faces. Minra, Nichkhun, Taecyeon, Amy and Wooyoung battling it out on a game of volleyball. I closed my eyes and placed a towel behind my head. This is pretty relaxing actually.

 

“Yah, don't you wanna get in the water?” I felt drops of water running down my face. I opened my eyes to see Kim holding a towel, her hair wet. “Me and Dae will take care of the things, you go have fun. I'm hungry anyway,” she said. “JANG WOOYOUNG, GET YOUR HERE!”

 

I stood up, dusting the sand of my and followed Wooyoung from behind. I felt water being splashed at my face. I wiped it with my shirt and saw Wooyoung laughing his brains out. I kicked the water, splashing it back. And the next thing I knew, we were splashing water at each other, laughing and screaming at the same time.

 

-

 

“Just look at them, so cute,” Kim chuckled.

 

“Yeah, it's been a while since I last saw her smiling like that. BUT WE'RE JUST AS CUTE, AREN'T WE KIMMIE?” Daesung pursued his pink lips into a pout.

 

-

 

“Oh okay, oh my god,” I gasped, looking down at my shirt that was now see through. My cheeks flushed a scarlet red. I panicked, trying to come up with something. Wooyoung looked at me and chuckled.

 

“You are so troublesome,” he sighed, taking off his shirt. “Put that on,” he smiled, sunlight glinted off his skin. I took the shirt from him, putting it on immediately.

 

-

 

“What's wrong?” Minra tapped Nichkhun's shoulder. She followed Nichkhun's eyes and saw Seungmi wearing Wooyoung's shirt. “Khun? You okay?” She shook him lightly.

 

Nichkhun nodded. His eyes shifted their focus slightly and slid back to Minra's. A trace of faint smile ligthened his face. “Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?”

 

-

 

I went back into the house and changed out out my wet shirt. “6pm, huh?” I glanced at the wall clock. How long have we been out there? I took a short shower and put on my shorts along with a printed shirt and striped sweater.

 

Minra and Amy busied themselves with the barbecue while Kim hung her wet clothes outside the balcony. I stabbed a burnt sausage with a fork and walked over to the swing just around the corner. I leaned my head back, watching the stars twinkling brightly in the sky.

 

“Beautiful isn't it?” Wooyoung titled his head up, admiring the stars. I smiled and patted the empty space beside me. We sat in silence, swinging back and forth as the wind blew through my hair. “Are you feeling okay?” He asked, his his staring directly into mine.

 

“Why do you ask?” I raised an eyebrow. I was feeling alright. Honestly, I already got over the whole boy drama thing. It took some time and some distractions. But I believed that I'd pull through. “Don't I look like I'm enjoying myself today? No?”

 

Wooyoung laughed. Our eyes met and I laughed too. “Why..” I began, then paused, not sure how to continue. “Why are you like this towards me?” I asked.

 

He looked at me and smiled, “You know why.” Slowly, never moving his eyes away from mine, he leaned toward me. “I like you, remember?”

 

A smile spread across my face. I got on my feet and stretched my arms. I took a few steps forward and stopped, turning back to look at him. “You know,” I said. “I might actually like you too.”

 

 

Dear diary,

 

I think things are starting to get better now. I'm contented actually. Falling in love sure comes with a lot of risks huh? Nichkhun's happy, Minra's happy. Dae and Kim are obviously very happily in love. So is Amy and Taec. I can say that for now, life's pretty good.

 

Xoxo,

Seungmi.