OO6: Valentine's A

Diaries Of A Girl

 

I woke up with a huge smile plastered on my face. Today was the day. Valentine's Day. And of course, the dance. I came out of the shower with my flower patterned towel wrapped around my body. I had sent Nichkhun a sweet 'Good Morning, excited for 2nite?' text before I took a warm shower and had already prepared my dress the night before.

 

I changed into my printed tee shirt and ran downstairs, grabbing a handful of granola bars. April was in the living room with her face planted into the cushion. Nana, on the other hand, was busy frying her hair with a flat iron.

 

I grabbed my bag and went out to play the role of a cupid by leaving boxes out handmade chocolates outside people's doorsteps. I was pretty stoked today morning, so why not share the love?

 

I made my way to my neighbours first. I rang their doorbell and placed my box of chocolates on their doorstep. I made my way to Kim's later on, Daesung next, and Wooyoung after. I thought I'd get something for April and Nana too, I mean.. it was Valentine's ain't it?

 

By the time I was done with everything, it was already 4pm. The dance would start in 2 hours time. I glanced at my Android and heaved a sigh when there still wasn't any text messages from Nichkhun. I started to worry but managed to put some positive thoughts to it. Once I was home, I stripped out of my clothes and took another shower. As much as I hated frying my hair and causing more damage it in, my hair was damp, so I plugged in my blow dryer and dried my hair. I added a little volume to hair and ended off with soft wavy curls.

 

I slipped into my white cocktail dress and strapped up my heels. Another round of hair check and I was ready to go. I remembered clearly that Nichkhun had asked me to wait at St 71, Lavender Road at 5.30pm. It was pretty far from where I stayed, but it was fine with me. I liked walking in the breeze.

 

**

 

Kim hooked her arm around Daesung as they stepped into the halls of Oxford High. Kim was dressed in a cream coloured tube dress with gladiator heels. She did a quick glance at Daesung, who was looks dashing in his white coloured long sleeved shirt, black vest and black pants.

 

Kim looked around the crowd, her eyes scanning for Seungmi. It was now 6pm, and Seungmi wasn't there. She whipped out her cellphone and texted her, 'Hey, where r u? Don't see u here.'

 

“Ohoho, so you guys did go together,” Wooyoung came towards them. He was in his black long sleeved shirt and dark coloured jeans. “Where's Seungmi?” He asked.

 

“I don't know. I just texted her, she hasn't replied me. She's supposed to be coming with Nich-” Kim stopped. Her eyes landed on Nichkhun walking in the entrance. He had a girl's arm hooked around his, only that... it wasn't Seungmi. “Oh my god. Oh my god. HE WENT WITH MINRA?! WHEN HE ASKED SEUNGMI TO THE DANCE! OH MY GOD, WHAT A LITTLE MANWHORE!” Kim blasted, furious.

 

**

 

I check my watch. 6.30pm. Oh great. I opened up my purse and started digging for my cellphone. “!” I cussed, realising I had left my cellphone on the shoe rack when I was strapping up my heels. I rubbed my temples in utter frustration. Nichkhun was already an hour late and here I am stuck in wherever the hell I am, without my cellphone. I opened my purse again, hoping there might be money inside, enough for me to go to the nearest phone booth and call Nichkhun up.

 

I threw my purse to the side when I saw that there wasn't any money inside. All I had was my compact powder, lip gloss and some stupid coupons I was supposed to use at the dance. It started to drizzle and I finally got up to make my way home. And by that, I meant, walk home.

 

It didn't take long for the strap of my left heels to snap. I blamed myself for that, I was storming off furiously. I slipped out of my shoes and groaned. My hair is drenched, so is my dress. And I have completely no idea where the heck I was going. I went over to a bench and sat down. I didn't even give a crap about finding a shelter. I was already drenched as it is, and there was no point of it.

 

“You shouldn't be out here, you know. He's not coming,” I heard a voice. I looked up to see a red umbrella right above me. The one holding it, was Wooyoung. I only looked at him and said nothing. “Get in the car, I'll get you home,” he said.

 

I got in the car, feeling guilty that I just drenched the seat. “Please don't take me home,” I mumbled. I didn't know why, but I didn't want to be at home, not right now, not like this. Wooyoung looked at me and nodded. I didn't he care where he was taking me, I was just too dejected. I leaned my head against the window and saw loving couples walking hand in hand, strolling around the pathway. I turned away and closed my eyes. The last thing I'd want is to see this.

 

**

 

April jolted up, startled by the ringing of the doorbell. She shuffled her way to the door to get it. April had been grumpy the whole day. She didn't move a muscle and had only lazed on the couch the whole evening. April gasped when she opened the door, surprised to see the brown haired boy standing in front of her eyes. “Junho? I thought you were out of town?”

 

Junho stepped in and gave her a smile, “It's Valentine's Day, I can't leave town without spending it with the girl I'm into.”

 

Oh my god,” April smiled, putting her arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. “Why couldn't you say that when we were in 8th grade?” She whispered.

 

**

 

“Where are we?” I took my heels and threw it aside. I was freezing cold and I wanted to get inside as soon as possible. Once Wooyoung had unlocked the door, I quickly dashed in and rubbed my shoulders.

 

“We're at my place,” He said, leaving his car keys on the table. “I'll get you a towel, hold on,” he went upstairs and came back down minutes later. I took the towel from him and wrapped it around my body. Wooyoung placed a cup of hot chocolate on the table and sat beside me. “You should go get changed, I laid out my sister's clothes in the room upstairs. It's the first one to the left, she's not coming back till next week. You'll fit in her clothes,” he said.

 

I took a sip of the hot chocolate and went upstairs to take a shower. I was actually worried because my bra and undies were drenched too. But surprisingly, Wooyoung had also left underwear beneath his sister's clothes. It was obviously new since it had the price tag stuck onto it. I changed into a dry baseball shirt and shorts after the warm shower. It felt weird wearing underwear meant for his sister. Not that she's worn it before.. but still, you get what I mean.

 

I went back down the living room and sat down on the couch. I hugged my knees and took small sips of the hot chocolate. “Thanks,” I said. “How did you know I was around Lavender Road?” I asked.

 

“Kim told me,” He said.

 

“Oh,” I bit my lower lip. “Nichkhun.. what happened to him?” I asked. I had to. I wanted to know.

 

“I think we shouldn't talk about that,” Wooyoung turned to me.

 

I looked at him, “Just tell me.”

 

Wooyoung sighed, “He was there, at the dance. With Minra,” he spoke. Word by word. A tear suddenly rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away with my sleeve.

 

“Oh,” I spoke. My hands were shaking and fought the urge to cry. It felt like I had just been punched in the chest. It hurt. It hurt a lot. I felt another tear rolling down my cheek. And the next thing I felt was Wooyoung's arms around me.

 

By the time I realised that he was hugging, tears just started automatically streaming down my face. “It hurts,” I murmured in between tears.

 

And there I was, crying like an idiot over a stupid boy who just happened to change his mind. Worst. Valentine's. Ever.

 

**

 

I went to school in Wooyoung's sister's clothes. Thank god his sister's clothes could fit me. My eyes were still slightly swollen and puffy. I changed into a new set of clothes, a white coloured eyelet blouse and a pair of faded skinny jeans. Coincidentally, my feet were the of the same size as his sister's too. I shoved the dress I wore last night into my bag and hopped into Wooyoung's car.

 

I didn't have to worry about my books because most of them are kept inside my locket. I just hated lugging my bag home, I'd rather store my books in my locker.

 

Kim immediately threw herself at me once I arrived in school. I was bombarded with a whole lot of questions. Thankfully, Wooyoung had answered most of Kim's questions for me.

 

Kim frowned, “He's such a bastard isn't he. That bloody son of a-” Daesung cupped upon realising Nichkhun was just around the corridors.

 

My eyes met his as he passed by me. It was just a split second glance but who knew it could hurt so much. Nichkhun didn't smile at me. Instead he was smiling at someone else, Minra.

 

“Let's get to class,” Kim dragged me by the arm into Maths class. That's nice, I'm having maths class with the boy who just totally crushed my heart sitting in front of me. Superb. I turned my attention towards Kim, who was telling me everything that had happened last night. The dance went well, the concert too. Even Kim and Daesung has officially started dating now. I might need some time to get used to that. Nichkhun didn't speak a single word to me, neither did I.

 

After school ended, Kim had offered to take me out to dinner. As much as I wanted to go and have fun with them, I'd rather not spoil the mood. I thought I needed to do a little bit of thinking today, to clear things on my mind. It'll take a while to take my mind of Nichkhun. But I'll pull through.

 

**

 

Dear diary,

 

So it began with a hello, ended without a goodbye and now, here I am, feeling complete crushed.
That's nice, isn't it. I would request for an exchange of class so that I didn't have to be in the same class as that jerk, but I shouldn't be leaving Kim and Daesung just because of that. I'm sure I'll get over with this, some way or another.

 

Xoxo, Seungmi.