Fallen

Diaries Of A Girl

“Oh hi, you're here,” Minra brought her hands together. “I already sorted out the things for you, they're on the teacher's desk. I'll be going over to the next room alright? Just call me if you need me.” She said.

 

I nodded and gave her a smile. So, Amy's going to be here late. I look around the room for a pair of scissors. The classroom slid open, I glanced at Taecyeon entering the room. “Hi.” I said.

 

“Hey,” he responded. “Where's Amy and Nichkhun?”

 

“Amy told me she'll be here late. I don't know about-” I stopped as the door opened again. This time, it was Nichkhun standing there, he looked cute as always. In his usual multicoloured printed tee and faded jeans.

 

“Sup.” He said, putting his Adidas bag on the chair.

 

-

 

Before, 20 minutes ago:

 

“Shoot.” Minra muttered, struggling with the heavy box of decorative items for the Valentine's Day dance.

 

“You need help?” Nichkhun came towards her and lifted up the box. “Where's the room? I'll help you carry it there.”

 

Minra pointed to the dance room. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, before lifting up the other smaller boxes. “Thanks.” She said.

 

“Nah, it's okay,” Nichkhun smiled, placing the box on the nearest table in the dance room. “I'll catch you later then. Seeya.” He gave a slight wave and went back to the class room.

 

Minra nodded and slumped into her seat. She heaved a sigh, the key to the dance studio.

 

[Last year, 16 July]

 

“I like you, Han Minra.” Nichkhun confessed. Nichkhun, the all time popular boy in school. The guy that has tons of admirers out there.

 

Minra smiled weakly, “I appreciate your feelings for me, Nichkhun. But-” She paused. Her heart ached to see him getting rejected. “But I'm dating Sungyeol. You know that. And I can't just break up with him.”

 

-

 

“You think she'll like this one?” Kim pressed her face against the glass window of the candy shop. “I think I'm getting 2 boxes of that.” She pointed at the heart shaped box of peppermint chocolate.

 

“Who are you going to the dance with?” Daesung asked.

 

“Don't know,” Kim said. “Thank you.” She smiled at the cashier as she took her purchased items.

-

 

“Ah what the hell. I think I'm vertically challenged.” I muttered, putting my hands on my hips as I stared at the duct tape sitting on the top shelve. I've spent fifteen solid minutes trying to get the duct tape down and my legs having been aching from the tiptoeing.

 

I took a deep breath and prepared myself for another jump to reach the duct tape. Geez, why couldn't Taecyeon be the one to come into this eerie room and get it. I'm not that tall. “Okay, 1.. 2..”

 

“Seungmi?” I felt someone tug onto my shirt. I screamed and the next thing I knew I was on the floor. Well... not really on the floor, more like I was on top of someone.

 

I opened my eyes too look at who had scared the crap out of me and was ready to give him a full blasting. “Nichkhun?” My heart raced. His eyes were looking directly into mine and our noses were touching. “Oh my god,” I said, after having realised I was still on him. I moved to the side and panicked. “Are you alright?” I asked.

 

“Yeah, I'm- I'm alright.” He stuttered, picking himself up and helping me up after. “Are you okay?” He asked.

 

“I'm okay. Hey, I fell on you, I'm the who should be asking that.” I said. “Sorry. It hurt, didn't it?” I asked, feeling like a total idiot after that. Of course it would hurt. It's like a freaking whale just fell on him.

 

“I'm alright. What are you doing here in the dark anyway?” He asked.

 

“Well the lights weren't working. And I wanted to get the duct tape over there. I couldn't reach and you just so happen to scare the out of me.” I said, still feeling bad about falling on top of him. I tried not to stammer as I speak, I didn't want to make it so obvious that I might be crushing on this guy.

 

He chuckled, taking the duct tape effortlessly for me. “Here. And.. sorry I scared you.”

 

Awww, doesn't he look so cute apologizing? I shrugged, “It's okay.”

 

We went back to the classroom after. It got pretty awkward because neither of us said anything. I was too embarrassed after I fell on him. And I guess he was pretty embarrassed too, judging from the way he stutters when he talks.

 

“Oh Amy? You're here,” I said. “Well hi.”

 

“Hi. Something came up, sorry I'm late,” she said, dipping her paintbrush into black paint. “Where did you guys go?”

 

Me and Nichkhun glanced at each other nervously. “I went to get some stuff. He helped me.” I said.

 

“Oh,” Amy nodded. “Listen, I'm having a pool party at my place, it's this Sunday. Be there?” She asked, handing me an invitation card. “Could you pass these to your friends too? Kim, Daesung and Wooyoung? I didn't see them today.”

 

“Sure. I'll pass it to them.” I took the cards and shoved it into my bag.

 

“Here, you're invited too.” She passed the invitation card to Nichkhun. My heart was secretly screaming inside after knowing he's going to be there, at Amy's. I definitely need Kim to bring me shopping for a decent two piece. Time to impress Nichkhun.

 

**

 

My place:

 

“Here, Amy invited you guys to her pool party.” I gave out the invitation cards to Kim, Daesung and Wooyoung each. “Thanks for coming and helping me out with this,” I looked at the almost completed banner for the dance.

 

“So, have you guys got dates to the dance?” Wooyoung asked.

 

“Not yet.” I said, slightly sad because I would really want to go with Nichkhun. “You?”

 

“Nope. I don't think I'm going,” he said, “I'll probably not go if I don't have date.”

 

I was about to tell him to go with Kim, but Dae would have probably asked her already. I mean, you can always go with someone as friends if you don't have a date. “Did you do it already?” I asked, giving Daesung a smirk.

 

“Do what?” Daesung asked. I looked at him, almost wanting to give him a smack on the head. “Oh, that. No, I'll do it later, after this.”

 

Kim and Wooyoung exchanged looks, uncertain about what I was talking about. “Okay well, let's speed things up shall we?” I smiled at Dae. I faked a yawn and pretended to stretch my arms to hint them that it's time for them to leave.

 

Weird how nobody responded, only Wooyoung did. “I'll see you guys in school tomorrow, I'm getting tired.”

 

I got off the sofa and grabbed the keys to open the door for them, “Yeah, seeya,” I grinned. “And Kim,” I tapped on her shoulder. “Good luck,” I winked. “Goodnight.”

 

-

 

“I'm taking a cab home. I'm tired, too lazy to walk.” Wooyoung said, flagging for a cab coming in his direction.

 

Daesung nodded. His heart sped up slightly, finally, it was him and Kim alone. They walked along the path and talked about the first thing that came up to their minds. “About the dance..” he began.

 

“Yeah?” Kim looked at him, seemingly interested. “What about it?”

 

“Well.. I was wondering if you'd like to go with me.” He said in one breath.

 

Kim raised an eyebrow, “I didn't catch that, what did you say again?”

 

Daesung's face flushed knowing he has to say it again for the second time, “I said, I was wondering-”

 

“Actually, I heard what you said. Just wanted to hear you say it again.” Kim laughed. “And yes, I'd be your date.” She beamed, her eyes glittering a little.

 

**

 

Dear diary,

 

GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT. I think today is like, the best day ever. So I went to get duct tape on top of a shelve, and it was really tiring because I think I'm vertically challenged. I was tryna get the damn duct tape and somebody scared the out of me and I fell on him. GUESS WHO IS THAT SOMEBODY.. It... is.. NICHKHUN. YESSS, THE GOD. Oh my god. Our faces were super close to each other and I just realised he looks so perfect up-close.

 

BEST.DAY.EVER.

 

Xoxo, Seungmi.