New Girl

Diaries Of A Girl

Chapter One: New Girl

It has been a full thirty minutes, and yet there was still no sign of whatever that school's name is. I glanced at my iPhone for the time- 8.35AM. , I'm going to be late for school. First day of school and I'm going to be late. That's a nice way to start of your day huh, Seungmi? I took one last glance around the area for a sign to guide me. I unlocked my iPhone and jabbed April's number. April, who previously attended Oxford High, would at least know the directions to Oxford High. If I knew this was going to happen, I would've asked April to walk with me to school. 
 
After sixteen rings, the line got cut. I cussed, having thoughts of calling a cab. "Hey. Uhm are you looking for Oxford High?" I heard a voice spoke behind me. I turned around to the black haired boy behind me. He looked around my age- seventeen. 
 
"Yeah, where is it?" I asked, wanting to just throw myself at him for being a life saver. 
 
"It's over there. To your left." He said, glancing over at the direction he just indicated. 
 
"Thanks." I smiled in relief, hastily making my way to Oxford High. 
 
***
 
I pushed the classroom door open and walked in a class of unfamiliar faces. I walked over to and empty seat near the window. Putting my Adidas shoulder bag down, I leaned back my seat and waited for the teacher to come in. As I waited, I looked around the class and my classmates-to-be. 
 
"Hi. Uhm, you're actually sitting on my seat." I looked up at the girl in front of me. 
 
"Oh, shoot. Sorry." I stood up, grabbing my bag. 
 
"Oh no no, it's fine. I'll just sit here." She smiled, pulling out the chair beside me. "Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you before." She asked, sliding her Geography book inside the slot under the table. 
 
"Yeah." I nodded. 
 
"I'm Kim. Han Kimberly actually, but you can just call me Kim." She reached out her hand, shaking mine. 
 
"Park Seungmi." I beamed. 
 
The classroom door flung open again. My eyes landed on a ash brown haired boy. He had his bag slung on one shoulder and the other on his cellphone. He wore a simple printed black t-shirt and faded jeans, giving him the boy next door look. 
 
"Nichkhun, how many times must I tell you, no texting in class?" A tall man with a checkered vest which looked a little to small walked in behind him. 
 
I watched as that Nichkhun boy walked in my direction and pulled out the seat in front of me. "So, did you just move in?" Kim asked, gaining back my attention. 
 
"Yeah, I moved in like-" I was cut off by the teacher. 
 
"Han Kimberly and- oh, you must be the new student the level head informed me about." He said, pushing up his black rimmed glasses as he opened the class register. "Park Seungmi, is it?" He scanned my name in the book and looked back at me. 
 
I nodded, biting my lip, praying he won't make me do a little self introducing to the class. 
 
"I see you've already made friends with Ms Han over here, eh?" He said. "I expect my students to be quiet whenever I'm in class. No talking when I'm talking. No texting in class." His eyes went back to Nichkhun. "And of course, no chewing of bubblegum in my class. Kang Daesung, I'll give you three seconds to spit it out or I'm giving you detention after school." 
 
"Geez, somebody's got pole stuck up their today morning." Kim said almost inaudibly. I giggled, my cheeks to prevent myself from laughing. 
 
---
 
"What is up with the English teacher. Is he always like that?" I asked as I grabbed a egg sandwhich and blueberry yogurt, placing it on my red tray. 
 
"Yes. But he's extra grouchy today. Maybe his wife didn't sleep with him last night." Kim said, scooping herself a bowl of fruit salad. "You should see our Literature teacher, Miss Enthusiatic. She's like, twice as weird as Mr Kim." 
 
"What's up with this 'Miss Enthusiastic' you speak of?" I asked as we walked to an empty table. 
 
"She's just weird. Plain weird. She thinks dressing up would make the class get 'more involved'. One time, we did Hamlet, she left a skull she borrowed for Biology class and placed it on the her table the whole time, talking to it and calling it Yorick. It disturbed me Seungmi, really did." Kim bit on a green apple. "Well, you'll get used to it after a while." 
 
"Hey girls. How you doing?" A familar looking boy walked up to us, wiggling his eyebrows. "Oh, you're the new girl right? What's your name again?" He asked. 
 
"This, is Seungmi." Kim squeezed my shoulders. "Seungmi, meet bubblegum boy. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but he's the one who's got told off by Mr Kim during English class." 
 
Oh. Him. I thought I recognized him. "Hi." I smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 
 
"I'm Daesung." He grinned. "Oh, there he is! YAH! JANG WOOYOUNG! OVER HERE!" He waved at the black haired boy at the opposite side of the canteen. Hey wait, it's that black haired boy. I saw him this morning. He goes to Oxford High? Okay, small world much? 
 
"Hey Dae. Hi Kim." He said, before landing his eyes on me. "Hey, I gave you directions to Oxford High this morning, didn't I?" He said, pointing his index finger at me. So his name is Wooyoung. 
 
"So you've met Seungmi already?" Kim asked. "Did you get lost on your way here this morning?" 
 
"Sort of. I at directions." I laughed, sipping on a packet of apple juice. 
 
"Oh Seungmi! You and Kim should so try out for cheerleading. Me and Woo are in Rugby, we could use a little more cheerleaders cheering for us during matches." Daesung nudged me. 
 
"What, cheerleading? Ew, no. I don't like being told what to cheer. I prefer just screaming my lungs out." Kim said. "Face it Dae, you like me screaming your name when you compete againts St. Hilda High." 
 
"Well, that's true. I can't argue with that." He smirked. "Alright then, I'll see you girls in class tomorrow. We've got training at 2PM. Seeya." Daesung said, dragging Wooyoung with him. 
 
"Bye!" Wooyoung waved. 
 
"So, anyone caught your eye yet?" Kim asked, lightly elbowing me. 
 
I shook my head. Though I found that Nichkhun dude pretty cute. "Are you close with Daesung and Wooyoung?" I asked, attempting to change the subject. 
 
"Yeah. Kind of." She nodded. "Dae's a little retarded at times. And Wooyoung is just plain hillarious." She said, returning the trays. "Come on, we still have to attend  Math class." 
 
***
 
Dear diary, 
 
School  was good. I gotta admit there were weird teachers. But other than that, it's all good. Though I did get a little lost this morning. Thank god Wooyoung helped me with directions. 
Anyway, I made friends with 3 people today. Kim, Daesung and Wooyoung. They're nice. Oh, and there's this boy in my class, what's him name.. NICHKHUN. Yes, Nichkhun. 
I find him cute. I didn't talk to him though. Maybe not yet? But well, he's cute. It'll be a new day tomorrow, let's hope it'll be good. 
 
xoxo, Mi.
 
***
 
________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: 
 
It's just a short chapter cause it's the opening. Still, I hope you liked it. :D I haven't introduced the selected characters yet. 
But for now, here are the ones who got selected. Applications are still open by the way
-
Congratulations to these girls: 
1) Han Minra
2) Amy Lee
 
I didn't get much applications. So for now, these are the girls I've picked. I've not decided wha your roles are though. 
PS: April, Aying and Kai unnie~ you guys are in it too. :D