Chapter 9

Codename ChenChen: Letters from Anonymous (HIATUS)

I couldn’t sleep; I shuffled myself back and forth from the bed. “Jongdae-ah, what are you doing? It’s 3 in the morning. Go to sleep”, I heard Suho hyung mumble in his sleep. I sighed and whispered “hyung I can’t sleep”, I pouted then he threw me a pillow “just go to sleep. We have early schedules tomorrow”, he said as he drifted back into deep slumber.

 

 

I don’t know what’s keeping me awake; maybe I just need a drink of water. I slowly got up and quietly went out of the bed room going to the kitchen; I got a clean glass and the water tap. As the water was filling up the glass, I looked around and found the bathroom’s light open. I got the glass and drank the water as I slowly walked towards the bathroom. Suddenly, it was Sehun who went out of the bathroom sleepily after he took a pee.

 

 

“Sehuna..c..could I borrow your phone just for a minute?”, I suddenly said. “For what hyung?”, he yawned, “I just want to see something”, I simply told him. He walked back to his room and handed me his phone. I was dazed, in the first place I didn’t know why I suddenly wanted his phone, and I just grabbed it and began scanning his contact list. How many people does Sehun have in his contacts, I sighed and continued scanning then I suddenly stopped “Park Shinnie”, I read quietly.

 

 

I walked towards the bedroom again and sat on the bed; I got my phone and started to dial her number. She picked up the phone in less than three minutes, “yeoboseyo?”, she finally answered. “Shin do you know who this is?” I asked her as I suddenly smiled, I heard her yawn “hmm..I don’t exactly know, could you tell your name please?”, she sweetly asked. “Uhmm..it’s me Jong~..I mean Chen”, I said. “Owo Jongdae oppa”, she giggled “what made you call me at this time of the night?”, she asked with a curious tone. “I couldn’t sleep. Sorry, did I wake you?”, I asked her feeling a little guilty for if ever if I woke her up. “Not really oppa, I was studying. Just reading a few notes doing a little song search”, she giggled.

 

“Hey I heard you and your friends were going to our fan signing event tomorrow”,

“Really oppa? Who told you”,

“I heard it from Sehun. His smile was never fading since he told us”,

“Well it was my friends who wanted me to come with them”,

“Oh~ well why don’t you just go to the fan sign. Sehun and Chanyeol would really love to see you”

“Ah~ about Yeollie please do tell him that he shouldn’t talk to me to the event when I come up front. My friends don’t know about it and I still don’t want them to know”

“Oh waeyo?, Don’t you want your friends to know?”

“It’s not like that oppa, it’s just that I’m not ready to tell them yet”

“Ah I see. The test of true friendship”, I nodded. Well I won’t blame her for being this cautious. I suddenly heard her yawn after our semi-long conversation.

 

 

 

“Oppa I should get to bed now, I’m sure my friends will be here very early. Oppa should sleep too, I heard oppa has early schedules tomorrow”, she said in a very tired voice. “Ne~ arasseo. Annyeonghi jumussipsiyo”, I said. “Ne~”, she yawned again and ended the call. I put my phone on the bedside together with Sehun’s phone and finally got some sleep.

 

~A few hours later~

“Jongdae wake up it’s already sunrise. Ppali”, said a voice that suddenly broke my slumber. I blinked a couple of times to find Xiumin hyung holding a towel. “Five more minutes’ hyung”, I groaned sleepily as I covered my whole self with a blanket. “Chen hyung where’s my phone?”, a loud voice suddenly rang from the door. “Ah it’s there”, I heard footsteps walking towards my bed side. Must be Sehun, “Jongdae ah, to whom were you talking to at three in the morning?”, Suho hyung suddenly came in fresh from his bath, “maybe he was talking to Shin”, I heard Sehun telling them. “What makes you sure that he was talking to my cousin?” Chanyeol’s deep voice suddenly rang loudly from the living room. “It’s in his phone, see? An hour of pure talking with her”, Sehun said.

 

I forced myself to wake up and found Sehun showing Chanyeol my call log history from my phone. “I couldn’t sleep last night”, I said as I yawned and rubbed my eyes. “I tried to dial her number, who knew she would still be awake at that time. She said she was studying”, “studying? At that time? Wow that’s awesome”, Suho hyung commented. “Anyway get up”, said Xiumin hyung trying to pull me up, I just stood up and grabbed the towel from hyung and headed straight towards the bathroom ignoring the others in the living room.

 

After getting ready and everything, we all went out of the dorm and ran towards the van to avoid those sasaeng fans. I never wanted to see any of my members getting hurt again especially Jongin, Kyungsoo, Luhan hyung and Lay hyung.

 

We got safely inside the van and manager hyung started the engine as soon as we got in. Finally, more time to rest. “Jongdae hyung, what does Chanyeol hyung’s cousin look like?”, the huge panda suddenly asked me. “Uh well, you just have to find out during the fan signing event”, I smiled at him. “Oh! Speaking of his cousin”, I said as I got my phone and viewed my messages. “Good morning oppa, I just woke up, I still feel so sleepy but hearing my friends’ screeching and loud shrill voices made me lose my urge to fall asleep again. I have to look for gifts to give you guys. Anyways, good luck on your fan signing event. Hwaiting!”

 

Suddenly reading her text messages made me a little more energetic, I feel so warm inside. Ah~ finally, SM Building. All of us scurried down the van going inside the building, bowing at the staffs in the hall way going up the dressing room. Grabbing our set of clothes that were for us to use on that day, the white clothes that we used during our Wolf MV. I went inside the dressing room and hurriedly changed my clothes along with the others, I got out and went to the make-up artist noona and waited for her to finish ironing my natural wavy hair turning it into a straight mushroom-like hair style. Watching her put a little powder on my face after that she hurries to fix the other members as well.

 

 

Hours of preparing we are finally ready. “Chen hyung! How do we know if he is Chanyeol hyung’s cousin or not”, the panda asked. “Hmm. let’s make Chanyeol sit on the edge and let’s just look at his reactions, if he reacts weirdly then it’s her. Oh, and she just wants us to act natural. Okay?”, I told them and received an agreeable nod from all of them. “Kaja let’s go”, Kris hyung said as we all followed him to the EXO bus going to the fan signing event.