Chapter 11

Codename ChenChen: Letters from Anonymous (HIATUS)

~Chen’s PoV~

Annyeong Kim Jongdae,

You may not know me but, I know you.

I’m a fan of yours, of course I’m not the only one.

I approached oppa at the event today.

 Oppa seemed tired yet continued to smile for everyone. I know you’re now wondering who I am or how I would look like.

And I wrote a short poem that’s familiar and old.

Roses are red,

Violets are blue

The beginnings of my letters are not new,

I’ll always be anonymous to you.

 

-XOXO-

CodenameChenChen

 

Her letter came last night, while I was asleep. Manager hyung slipped the letter inside my closet and as soon as I woke up, I found this. All I can do now is sigh as I wonder who she is. I was blanky staring at the floor until I felt someone dragging me towards the bathroom; I looked up and saw the huge panda dragging me. “Mwoya!?”, I shouted out but he wasn’t answering so I had to struggle for a few seconds until he released me inside the bathroom. “Chen hyung hurry up and take a bath or I will be the one who’s going to give you a bath”, he said with a grin, I sighed and pushed him out of the bathroom and locked the door. Aish, what’s with the big hurry, it’s Sunday and I gotta rest for my Sukira broadcast with Baekhyun hyung and Ryeo hyung. I just shook my head, took of my clothes and started bathing.

 

Everybody was dressed up with their normal house clothes but I had to wonder why they were so busy preparing food and stuff, everybody was practically running around getting this and that, running inside their rooms and went back to the living room. I just yawned and scratched my nape, “are we going on a picnic or are we going to do something which I totally forgot what it was”, I mumbled cluelessly. Kyungsoo was cooking with Lay hyung and Sehunnie bothering them, taste testing everything they had cooked, Kris hyung, Luhan hyung and Tao were fixing our bags, ready to leave. Xiumin hyung and the rest cleaning up every mess starting from the kitchen to the living room, I sighed and ruffled my hair, curse myself for being clueless and forgetful.

 

We were inside the car, but not the usual car that manager hyung uses to drive us to schedules; it was the normal car that was made exactly for twelve people and a manager. Looking outside, the road was familiar to where we were going but then I failed to realize where we were going, I just sighed and took a short nap along with the 11 noisy people beside, at the back and on my front. I reached for my earphones, plugged it in, listened to a few music and fell asleep.

 

Soon I woke up as the car stopped and all of us hurriedly ran inside the gate of the house. I mentally face palmed as I remembered that we were going to Shin’s house. Looking around, the members already made their way inside the house. It was unusually quiet but we heard music playing from upstairs, Chanyeol ssi ran upstairs and the rest follow and so did I.

 

On the third door after the Master’s bedroom, Chanyeol opened the door with a room full of mirrors. “Just like the practice room”, Baekhyun said as they went inside the room. Sitting on one corner, we saw a petite girl dancing to f(x) sunbaenim’s “Rum Pum Pum Pum”, she wasn’t that familiar with the steps and she would pause the tab every once in a while whenever she needs to be familiarize the steps.

 

Minutes later she sat down on the floor and puffed her cheeks as she felt disappointment for not getting the choreography right. Chanyeol then stood up and clapped his hands walking towards his cousin, smiling. “Shin ah~ you did well. Don’t get disappointed maybe you just need more practice”, he said and she just nodded she turned to us with a sweet smile and half bowed to us “Annyeong EXO oppadeul, Park Eun Shin imnida”, she said smiling at us.

 

Just like that they started to have a normal conversation with her, like old friends talking about this and that. The room was filled up with laughter and smiles it’s like all of us were relieved after a long and busy schedule just sitting around and laughing. Shin’s phone suddenly rung and she excused herself to answer it. She went to the corner and everyone sat down quietly, she was busy talking to someone, not in Korean, not in English but in Chinese. It’s like our mouths were left open when she spoke Chinese, she was really good.

 

“You’re grandmother?”, Chanyeol asked her casually as she walked back towards us nodding at him. “Grandmother? So that means that she’s half Chinese?”, Kris hyung asked earning a nod from her. “My mom is Chinese while my dad is Korean”, she explained to us directly. Wow she was really good, we were having fun talking to her and getting to know her but our visit was cut short when manager hyung called up for an emergency schedule. Well there goes my rest day, I sighed.

 

We all bowed to her as soon as the car arrived and she was waving at her, “Good luck on your audition at Modern Music Academy!”, Chanyeol yelled out to her while he was getting inside the car and soon manager hyung drove off.