Chapter 6 (Fade to Black II)

Codename ChenChen: Letters from Anonymous (HIATUS)

 

 

"Mwoyaaa? I don't know how to play the guitar. Oppa is better than me, " little Shin pouted at Chanyeol who was making her play the guitar for him.

 

He just smiled at her and patted her head “aigoo this kid”, he chuckled at her. “Hyung baegopayeo,” pouting Jin said tugging his shirt making Chanyeol smile as he nodded at his younger cousin. “Arasseo, hyung will look for food in the fridge,” he said leaving the twins for a while as he looked for snacks inside the fridge.

 

He checked the freezer for ice pops but decided that it was too cold for them to have ice pops so he dropped the idea of giving them ice pops and searched for fruits instead at the lower region of the fridge and found a big apple instead.

 

He went back to the room to give them the big red apple, “hyung why did you bring only one apple,” Jin said pointing at the apple that Chanyeol was holding. He chuckled and ruffled his hair, “you need to share it with Shin, you won’t be able to finish this whole thing,” he said as he gave Jin the apple.

 

Jin got the apple and took a bite and gave it to his sister who was looking at the Barbie movie that was being shown. “When I grow up, I want to dance like her,” she smiled pointing at the screen as she was watching Barbie of Swan Lake.

 

Chanyeol and Jin laughed at her because they both know how Shin is when she starts to dance. She was technically bad at it even though their parents built a mini dance room in their house for their children to learn dancing.

 

Shin pouted, “I’m a good dancer. You’ll see. One day I’ll be able to perform on a stage filled with twinkling lights and people and mommy and daddy watching me and clapping for me,” she said proudly. Jin tugged her coat, “me too me too,” he said smiling.

 

“Me three,” said the proud Chanyeol as he entered their conversation. “Promise me that we will be performers one day, we’ll be famous,” she said as she held out her pinky. “Promise,” the boys sang as the three cousins made their pinky promise.

 

Shin was a dreamer as a child. She would often picture herself standing on a stage filled with lights and audiences as she would perform for them with the crowd cheering for her, calling her name. She promised herself that no matter what happens, she, Jin and Chanyeol would be up there in that stage performing.

 

Several days later before Christmas Eve, Mrs. Park together with Jin and Min went out to buy presents as Mr. Park and Shin together with Chanyeol and his family were busy cleaning the house and cooking for dinner. She took out the two children using their family car, of course she was going to drive, the mall was a little far from the house so they had to leave and get back quickly, Shin tugged the hem of her mother’s shirt giving her the scarf that she had been keeping to give it to her, and gave a hug to her siblings telling them to take care. Jin and Shin had never been separated whether it was going shopping or studying or anything.

 

Jin gave her his violin for safe keeping telling her that they will come back safely and soon took off to the mall with their mom and Min. Shin on the other hand was helping Chanyeol’s noona put up the christmas lights and decorations while Chanyeol was setting up the fire under the chimney.

 

Jin, Min and their mom finally arrived to the mall after a thirty minutes and begun to shop what was on their shopping list. A dress for shin, some huge shoes for Chanyeol and a few other gifts for the other family members. Jin pulled his mother inside the jewellery store for he spotted something that he would want to give to his twin sister, a necklace with a G-Clef pendant. Shin loved the G-Clef Symbol for it always gave her hope not to give up from singing and practicing dancing. It gives her motivation to give more effort in their dream when they would grow up.

 

He begged his mom to buy that necklace using his savings to buy a new violin; it took him a couple of minutes to persuade his mom to buy that necklace for his sister. He successfully had the necklace in a box and put a cute note inside it. He loved his twin sister so much even though he doesn’t show it. Everything was already bought and they headed back to the car. Mrs. Park double-checked their things and went to the driver’s seat.

 

Jin and Min already had their seatbelts put on, as Mrs. Park the engine and started driving. Snow was starting to fall from the sky as it became darker. Shin called her brother through Mr. Park’s phone eager to see the presents they bought. Both of them were talking about the presents excitedly as Jin was teasing her about the gift he’s going to give her.

 

He wouldn’t give her any hints because he knows how sharp his sisters’ mind is. Min who was beside Jin was playing with her newly bought doll and giggling as Mrs. Park the windshield for it was getting all foggy and it was already hard for her to look at the road until that moment everything went black.

 

Jin’s call cut off as Shin’s hands we’re already trembling in fear, she ran off to her dad and hugged him. He wondered why his daughter was shivering after she’d call her brother. “Daddy, oppa’s call got cut,” she said burrying her face on his shirt. “Maybe it’s just bad reception,” he said trying to make her feel at ease. “But I heard a crash before the call got cut,” she said with sudden tears. “Uncle, maybe we should go look for them,” said Chanyeol.

 

They agreed to the idea, grabbed their coats and got out. The snow just started falling and it was chillier by the minute. Chanyeol gave Shin a piggy back ride as they started walking, they searched every corner of each street and forgot about their preparations for the Christmas Eve.

 

Hours after searching, they saw a crowd of people with doctors and some police investigating what had happened. They ran off to their location and saw Jin and Min and also Mrs. Park unconsciously being taken inside the ambulance, “Mama!” Shin cried as she got down from Chanyeol’s back. She followed them inside the ambulance holding her brother and sister’s hand.

 

“Do you know these people?”  A police approached a shocked Mr. Park, unable to collect his words he got down on his knees and started crying. Chanyeol was the one who explain to the police what had happened as the others tried to comfort Mr. Park. The unconscious bodies were brought to the hospital followed by the family, but all hope was lost when the doctors had announced that the three were dead upon arrival.

 

Shin cried so hard that it caused her asthma attack; a police approached the family and gave them a long small box. It had Shin’s name written outside the box so they gave it to her. She stared at the blood covered box for a while and decided to open it.

 

She saw a beautiful necklace with a G-Clef pendant hanging on it, she made Chanyeol put the necklace on her and grabbed the small letter and made him read it. He sighed telling her that it’s too tiring to read a letter but then again he couldn’t resist her so he decided to read it.

 

He cleared his throat twice before reading the letter receiving a glare from his little cousin so he decided to start reading it. “Shinnie annyeong! Today I’m at the mall with mom and Min as you can see. And I saw this pretty shinning necklace with your favourite symbol on it. I begged mommy to buy it using my savings for my violin kkk~ I know you would scold me for wasting my savings for this, but I know it will give you more motivation to fulfil our dream. I hope you would keep this until we get famous. Saranghamnida dongsaeng! Kkk~ Love, Jin”. After reading the letter, Chanyeol heard sniffing and saw Shin crying again holding on to the necklace. “Idiot oppa, I will keep this forever. I promise” she mumbled.

 

~End Of Flashback~