ღ 8 ღ

A Ray of Hope

My destiny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iubCt2m4GSQ


 

"You should really grab that glass of water and go to bed soon." Myungsoo said, chuckling.

 

"I still want to listen to you sing." Suzy whined like a kid.

 

"Tomorrow."

 

"Will there even be a tomorrow?" Suzy adjusted her position, she was now sitting on the floor with her back facing the wall.

 

"Why did you ask?" Myungsoo replied in a skeptical tone. 

 

Suzy could not find the courage to tell Myungsoo that she was moving out soon. He would not be able to see her again. She would not be able to listen to his voice again. It broke Suzy's heart, she did not want to leave a friend behind. He was her only source of comfort. The peace and tranquility that he was emitting was so overwhelming that she even thought that he was an angel. 

 

"Hey Suzy, want to meet up again tomorrow?" Myungsoo's voice interrupted Suzy's train of thought.

 

"W-Why?" She blanched.

 

"I want to see you again. I did not get the chance to hang out with you, you see." Myungsoo's lips formed a subtle smile. The thought of spending time with Suzy brought life to his face. 

 

"Meet me at the same cafe tomorrow at noon." Suzy's eyebrows pinned themselves together automatically and her smile became lop-sided. 

 

Words could not describe how apologetic she felt. She had no choice but to ditch Myungsoo. She would not want to risk getting scolded by her mom again and furthermore, she did not want to disappoint Daehyun.

 

"See you tomorrow then." Myungsoo cooed. 

 

"See you." Suzy bit her lip and sighed in devastation.

 

She listened closely for Myungsoo's footsteps, her cheeks pressed against the frigid wall. She counted them one by one and finally settled down when he heard his blanket emitting a rustling sound. 

 

Suzy used her frail hand to pick herself up and she dragged her heavy feet back to her bed. She buried her face in her pillow and used it to bonk her head. She did not know why she gave such a stupid idea. 

 

"What if he ends up hating me?" She blustered. 

 

<>

 

Myungsoo took a glance at his watch. It was already past noon and Suzy has not showed up yet. 

 

"I'm probably just too early?" He tried to comfort himself by muttering words to himself.

 

Hours passed and there was still no sign of her. The sky turned grey and the sun already bid good bye. There was still no sign of her. Myungsoo anxiously kept looking at his watch for every 10 minutes that had passed. He ran his hands across his arms to rub off the goosebumps that was forming due to the shrewd wind that was blowing against his skin. His pristine profile was ruined, his hair were standing and he was coughing. Still, he waited for Suzy.

 

"Excuse me sir. We need to close the cafe now." Someone woke Myungsoo from his slumber.

 

He groaned as he looked at his watch. 

 

"Where is she?" He thought. 

 

He pushed himself up and trudged out of the cafe. He felt humiliated as his spiffy image was gone. The look the employees gave him were too intimidating and filled with judge. He tried to brush the thought away and just focused on heading home safe. Each step he took was heavy, he was dumbfounded. He did not expect Suzy to back out just like that. She did not even inform him beforehand, this made him feel betrayed.

 

"She probably has a valid reason." Myungsoo choked out.

 

He saw a group of men moving out furniture, just a few meters away from him. He was puzzled, those seemed like it belonged to Suzy's family. They were pacing in and out of the house just beside his. His heartbeat accelerated and his strides became faster each second. But before he could even take a peek, the movers had already moved the last piece of furniture into the lorry. When Myungsoo arrived in front of the house, he stooped down to take a peek at the empty house. The only thing left was Suzy's piano. It was standing shyly in the middle of nowhere. The light from the sun was glaring at it.

 

Reality smacked Myungsoo on the face. "Suzy!"

 

The driver revved the engine and sped off. Myungsoo ran after it with a burst of adrenaline inside him. 

 

"No, Suzy! No!" He called out but the lorry kept on speeding.