Four: Part 1

The Burden

After a long night with Minsoo you fell asleep covered in sticky notes and images from his law teachers..

In the end your fathers death certificate shocked you the most, it had malnutrition written as the cause of death, according to a majority of the documents he really died of a broken heart when the love of his life left him. It went on further to say that he owned the house you used to live in, as well as Jaekyung prep, Kwon Motor Industries and about sixty percent of the air space above most high rises. Even with all the paperwork you still wanted to see your adoption file and you had to ask your father why he kept this from you.

"Juni wake up." Changjo shook you lightly.

"Hey, what's up?" You tiredly rubbed your eyes.

"Let's go dress shopping?"

"Why?"

"My parents invited me to a gala, and I need to take a date, and since your here I figured... yeah?" He said scratching his nape nervously.

"Alright, let me grab some clothes." You smiled.

"uh wear something easy to take off." He blushed a bit.

"I don't have anything like that." You giggled as he raced out of the room. "wonder what's bugging him." You whispered grabbing jeans, a t-shirt, and the hat L.Joe bought you.

-

"So what is the color of the evening?"

"There's colors?" He replied a little shocked.

"It's a gala of course they're are colors." You giggled as he walked almost robotically.

"Uh red or black." He said looking at his phone.

"Did you really ask your mother." You giggled a bit.

"No I asked Zelo he's going as well."

"Who's his date?"

"I'm not sure." He pouted a little. "Let's get you into some dresses." Changjo smirked walking towards a ball gown store.

"Let's look at the more elegant ones over there, these are too puffy and noticable." You grimace looking at the gigantic dresses.

-

"How do I look?" You twirled around in the vibrant red chiffon dress.

"You look beautiful." He whispered while touching the skirt as he examined you closely. "Let's buy this one."

"Are you sure?" You questioned just to make sure.

"Yeah..." He smiled and took the tag up to the check out counter.

-

"Hey Neil you here." You heard Zelo knock on the door slightly.

"Yeah what's up?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to go dress shopping."

"Oh, uh Changjo already took me." You pointed to the red dress on the dress form in your room.

"Uh the colors of the night are black and white, why did he get you a red dress." Zelo asked a little confused. "Come on i'll get you a white one." He said tugging you out of the room.

-

"Zelo, are you sure the back isn't too open?"

"You look amazing, it's like it was made for you." He blushed a bit pushing you back into the dressing room. "Now let's hurry so we can get you some shoes and hair accesories."

"Zelo, I don't need them, so can we just go home now." You grumbled a bit when the dress wouldn't from behind your neck. "Call the consultant, I can't get the zipper down." You pouted poking your head out the door before slamming it shut.

"Alright, give me a second to find her." He cheerily replied.

"Thank you." You hollered. *I guess i'll just put my jeans and shoes on. while I wait.* you giggled a bit looking at the doodles Changjo drew on your shoes earlier.

"Excuse me miss, may I enter."

"Yeah." You sighed in relief when she got the zipper down.

"It's a tricky zipper, next time slide it up then back down." She smiled before taking the dress from you.

-

"Hey Noona let's go out tonight, just you me, niel and chunji!" Ricky smiled widely.

"What about those girls you were seeing..."

"Well they kind of found out about each other..." He scratched his head awkwardly. "So I'm rebounding!"

"No dress stores right?"

"Not unless you want to fit in at the night club." He giggled.

"I'm too young for that."

"So we get in regardless because we're attractive." He waived it off like it was nothing.

"I can't I have other things to prepare for."

"Oh so you are going to the gala." Ricky smiled widely. "It'll be a night to remember just don't forget the color of the night is black."

"Really?"

"Yeah, that's what my invitation said." He turned to the entry way table. "Yeah, see. Evening color is black." He pointed to the line.

"then why did Zelo get me a white dress and Changjo a red one?!" You hissed in anger.

"Because black makes you look super pale and sickly." Ricky smiled as he ruffled your hair. "So want to come out and get club clothes, and you know go to a club."

"No, I'm just going to finish what I need to and rest up."

"What are you planning to do."

"I'm going to go talk to Mr. Choi." You hissed.