Seven

The Burden

"I need to speak to my daughter." You heard your fathers stern voice when you got out of the shower the next morning.

"Appa." You whispered from the staircase.

"I'm here to have you sign some documents and then I will leave." He hissed as you slowly approached.

"What documents." C.A.P. butted in.

"Her emancipation papers, if she insists on disobeying me then I will file these quickly so she can go back to being.." He clenched his jaw before continuing. "The bastard child of a dead poor woman."

"Well you can just leave Mr. Choi..." Chunji hissed noticing your pained expression.

"I'll sign the papers Appa." You frowned as he handed you the pen. "Where do I sign."

"Wait, let me review these and then we can get to the signatures." C.A.P. butted in again swifty taking the papers.

"Fine, in the meantime, Jun you are no longer akin to me, I renounce you as my child, and cease to claim you. You may use your birthname and records will indicate so."

"What is my birthname?" You swiftly questioned hoping you had been right about it being Juniel.

"Kwon Juniel." He said slamming the door behind him.

"I was right." You smiled a bit as Changjo came up behind you.

"Juni he said you're a bastard child of a dead poor woman... That means your umma is dead."

"I... I need to know her name." You stared at the door your father had just exited.

"Wow, be glad I took these papers before you signed them." C.A.P frowned.

"What's in the contract hyung?" Chunji questioned C.A.P

"It says that Juniel would be sent to an orphan home in Daegu her birthplace."

"I was born in Daegu? My claim certificate said I was born in Busan?" You frowned confused.

"For starters we need a new contract for emancipation, after that you can legally look through your records and figure this all out." C.A.P. said throwing the contract on a table and pulling out a pen.

"Minsoo hyung has been studying to be a lawyer while working as an intern at a law firm so he's really good with this kind of thing." Neil said popping out from behind you. "So dongsaeng why haven't you ever come to visit Changjo before?"

"I was never invited, and my appa would never let me come even if I was." You looked around a bit stunned noticing how close Neil was.

"So can I call you June?" Neil asked.

"Uh only Zelo and Changjo shorten my name." You blushed slightly.

"Special treatment. Huh." He said walking back upstairs.

"uh, Minsoo where can I find the coffee supplies?"

-

"Goodmorning Dongsaengs." Kyungmi smiled entering the classroom followed by another teacher.

"Goodmorning noona" The class chimed back.

"I'd like to introduce you to Mrs. Jang she will be taking over my class for the duration of the semester starting tomorrow." Kyungmi paused as Mrs. Jang introduced herself. "In the meantime she will be observing my methods and looking over my course plans." Ms. Moon still held her smile.

"Uh Noona?" Jinki slowly raised his hand.

"Yes dongsaeng?"

"Why are we getting a new teacher?"

"I was offered a spot teaching at a private girls school in incheon and it's always been a dream of mine to go there." She softly spoke. "Please don't think ill of me or think that i dislike any of you, i just can't miss out on this opportunity." She smiled sheepishly.

"Noona." You raised your hand.

"Yes, dongsaeng?"

"What's the name of the school." You asking hoping she didn't have an answer.

"Heeyoung Girls Academy." She forced a smile avoiding eye contact with you. "Let's get started shall we."

Class went by in a blur but nothing was more important than asking Seunghyun why he let Kyungmi leave. You knew she would never leave Seunghyun because even if she never admitted it she loved him. You had to get to the bottom of this and since Kyungmi practically ran out the door after the bell you knew you had to question Seunghyun first.

-

"Soojin stop pulling so hard." You heard Seunghyun whisper. "Your going to choke me if you keep pulling my tie." You heard him whisper again.

"Oppa, when are we going to tell them." You heard a squeeky voice try to sound cute.

"I'll tell them after Jun gets married, then I can marry whoever I want to." You heard Seunghyun chuckle a bit.

"Oppppaaaaa." The voice squeeked again. "I want to get married before the baby is born." You gasped slightly in a whisper before running out of the office and out to the area of the fence that was easiest to climb.

"Juni what are you doing."

"I have to go, I'll see you at the house." You wiped your cheek noticing you now had tears streaming down your face.

"I'll be home really late. Take the key." Changjo said climbing next to you on the fence before hoping over. "Jump down I'll catch you." Once down he handed you the key and took off towards the busy city as you headed towards home.

 

 

 

 

 

*****

Shoutout! ^^

yoshiko- (Heeyoung Girls Academy)