Painful Hours of Waiting

Belvedere House

 

 
Yoona's perspective:
 
 
"It's been over 3 hours, where are they?" I was staring out the window for quite a while now waiting for the van to come back.
 
"We shouldn't have let them go in the first place," Chanyeol sighed.
 
"You know Kris. He wouldn't listen to us anyway even if we beg him to stay."
 
The rain fell harder since the last hour, making it more dangerous to drive.
 
I tear my gaze away from the window, reassuring myself that they will come back...Soon. I was fiddling with my fingers when Luhan sighed and stood up. From the look of it, he too was trying to distract himself from looking out the window. He walked around the room, trying to spot something else to divert his attention. He stopped infront of the chimney and stared at the pictures infront of him.  He squinted his eyes and came closer to one of the picture frames. His face changed from confusion to shock as he realised what he saw in one of the photos.
 
Chanyeol saw Luhan's face and chuckled.
 
"Bet this is your first time seeing that picture huh."
 
"Woah. He looks exactly like me," he said starstrucked while he pointed at the man in the picture.
 
"That's why JiYoon's been overly nice to you since we got here," Chanyeol whispered, looking cautiously around him, just in case JiYoon might suddenly pop out of nowhere.
 
Luhan thought for a moment then spoke up, "How did he die again?" 
 
"Cancer," I answered.
 
He fixed his eyes to the next picture. Sulli.
 
"And..this girl drowned?"
 
I nodded.
 
Drowned...drowned...
 
Those words kept repeating in my head.
 
Then a thought came to my mind. 
 
As from what I can gather to what my friends have said when we were little, telling scary stories during halloween, ghosts wouldn't appear to someone unless they die tragically. When a person pass away,the spirit in their body continues into the next dimension. A ghost, on the other hand, due to trauma, is stuck in the world and needs to be released to go on. Ghosts appear in a state in which they haunt the scenes of their deaths or locations that were pleasant or unpleasant to them in life.
 
 Was Sulli trying to tell me something? Why else would she appear?
 
Krystal was right. Me drowning wasn't coincidental. The feeling I felt when I first stepped in this house was exactly the same feeling when I was drowning.
 
Luhan seeing Sulli by the pool..where she possibly could have drowned.
 
And Jessica missing right after I told her about the truth of how I drowned.
 
It all seems connected.
 
Does Sulli really have anything to do with this?
 
I was deep in my thoughts that I didn't realise JiYoon came in the room. Luhan was also back from his position beside me.
 
"Any signs of them?" She asked.
 
Chanyeol shook his head, fixing his eyes at the window again.
 
There was an awkward silence as nobody spoke.
 
I noticed Sulli's photo again.
 
"How old was Sulli when she past away?" I blurted out unexpectedly, surprised that I spoke out what I was thinking in my head.
 
"...If you don't mind me asking," I added.
 
Her eyes were hostile as she she turned her head towards me.
 
"At the age of 8. It was her 2nd death anniversary yesterday," she stated.
 
The same day I drowned.
 
"And your husband?" I  hesitantly asked after a long pause.
 
Her eyes flickered to Luhan. Luhan noticed this and became uncomfortable.
 
"The year before Sulli died," her eyes showed sadness.
 
Why couldn't I see sadness when I asked her about Sulli?
 
''Cancer. He died of cancer, brain tumor,'' she explained further. 
 
''I'm very sorry for bringing up this conversation..'' my voice trailed.
 
She sighed and stood up from her seat, ''It's in the past now, there's nothing I can do to turn back time. Besides, the one who caused this got the karma back,'' she had a vile smile on her face yet her voice was full of hatred.
 
...What does she mean by this? Who is she referring to when the cause of her husband's death is by nature. Chanyeol and Luhan looked at me with a confused look.
 
''If you excuse me,'' she said almost audible. She walked past us, her long black skirt sweeping against the floor as she headed up the stairs.
 
''What does she mean by that? Her husband died of brain tumor, why would she blame someone else for this kind of death?'' Luhan whispered.
 
''Maybe she's an atheist,'' Chanyeol kept his voice low. ''Either way she's creepy to an extent that we need  to leave this place. I don't feel safe here anymore,'' he said in a serious tone.
 
''As soon as Kris is back we need to go, whether Jessica is with them or not. The police can take it from there, we can't find Jessica by ourselves especially without any evidence that we can find,'' Luhan said frustrated.
 
''Do you think JiYoon or Sulli have something to do with this?'' The two boys looked at my direction.
 
''I have the same theory,'' Chanyeol said agreeing with me.
 
''I don't know about Sulli but JiYoon...maybe,'' Luhan said.
 
''I mean she's the only one in this house apart from us. Jessica can't go missing without a reason,'' I explained.
 
''The question is, why would JiYoon take her and where could she hide her?''  Chanyeol asked.
We were all silent.
 
''Let's keep finding evidence but this time, see if there's anything connected to JiYoon,'' I finalised.
 
As much as I want to brush this thought away, I couldn't help thinking in a different view. The most important question here is, is Jessica still alive? 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol's Perspective:
 
 
 
After much discussion of Jessica's disappearance, I came to the conclusion that JiYoon is behind all of this, however there is no evidence to prove this yet. There's no other relevant explanation to her disappearance and she wouldn't just go missing all of a sudden.
 
We were still waiting for the others to come back. Both Luhan and Yoona fell asleep on the sofa after staring nonstop at the window. I decided to take this chance to move around the house, looking for signs of how Jessica was abducted.
 
I remember JiYoon saying that the only phone signal that you can get here is by the shed outside. I searched for my phone in my pockets and realised that I left it in the room upstairs.
 
I looked at the two who were sleeping peacefully side by side on the sofa. Yoona's head was leaning against Luhan's shoulder while Luhan's hand was holding hers. I remember Yoona telling me that I had the world's comfiest shoulder. She would always lean her head towards mine and would fall asleep in a blink of a second. I shook my head as I sadly smiled, reminiscing how she would hug my arm and use it as a pillow before drifting off to sleep, smiling in content.
 
I went up the stairs to retrieve my phone. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a door behind me creaked opened as I passed a familiar room. The pink door was slightly ajar. 
 
I thought that door was locked?
 
Out of curiousity I walked towards the door. I slightly pushed the door open revealing what's inside the room.
 
Everything was neat and tidy inside. The smell of stale was evident when I stepped inside the room. There was a small bed with pink hearts duvet cover on the right corner. There was a shelf full of books and beside it was a desk with a notebook placed on top of it. It was a dirty white notebook with feathers decorating around it. The floor creaked as I made my way towards the desk. 
 
I felt like someone was watching me, like an object under a microscope. I looked around the room finding no one but myself. I slowly reached for the notebook when I heard a whisper and felt a cold air past my right ear. My heart jumped out of my chest and I spun around quickly, looking around frantically to where the whisper came from. 
 
Again I was the only one in the room.
 
Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small whiteboard attached to the wall. My eyes widened as I read what was written on it.
 
There's nothing wrong with your navigator. I was the one who typed in the name of the house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Quick update for you all :) I just wrote this today and I don't have time to edit it so excuse my mistakes~
Hi new subscribers! 
 
Do you think they're going to find Jessica? :O Oh yes if you're confused about the whole navigator thing, refer back to chapter 1 and if you're just completely confused about the whole story,feel free to ask me any questions, I'll gladly answer it ^^ I'll put up a chapter at the end the whole summary of the story and some extra details once this story is finished :) And also there's an extra chapter in Jessica's point of view before she went missing~
 
Till the next chapter ^^ annyeong chingus ~
 
[RANDOM] My friend asked me to advertise it here so if any of you are interested in auditioning to an online entertainment, please visit these sites for more details : https://twitter.com/voentertainment   &  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Versatile-Online-Entertainment/442220442522894