First Day

Belvedere House

 

Yoona's Perspective:
 
 
I woke up to the sound of a door opening and closing. It was really dark and the only light in the room was from the moon outside. It was a figure of a woman standing by the door. The figure stopped and looked around, checking if anyone was awake. The figure started to move, slowly approaching me. I stiffened and my eyes widened in fear. I held my breath as my heart was beating crazily. If she comes any closer to me I'm going to scream. The figure was still walking towards my direction, getting closer. 
 
"S-SS-STOP!" I managed to croke. "If you come any closer-" 
 
"Sshhhh! Yoona, it's me Jessica. Take a chill pill, I'm not going to kill you," Jessica said. 
 
I sighed a relief when I recognised Jessica's voice. 
 
"Ohh, thank God it's you," I tried to calm myself. "Why are you up? What time is it?" I sat up.
 
"I got thirsty so I decided to go downstairs and fetched a glass of water. It's 3 a.m. Why are you up?" Jessica asked.
 
"I woke up to the sound of the the door opening and closing," I responded. 
 
"Oh I see," Jessica sat beside me. " You know when I was on my way downstairs, the light was inside the room of the pink door. I heard a little girl humming in there."
 
"And you're telling me this because..?" I asked, the hairs on my arms stood up. Her story felt like a scene from a horror movie.
 
"Nothing, just trying to scare you," Jessica gave me an evil smile. She laughed when I gently pushed her. I gave her an annoyed look.
 
"That's not funny. You know I get scared easily," I pouted.
 
"Awww poor baby," she teased. I sent her a glare.
 
"Alright I was just joking, calm yourself," she said standing up, heading to her own bed.
 
"You know what's weird?" she asked climbing on her bed. 
 
"What?"
 
"I was only gone to get a glass of water for not more than 2 minutes but when I was going back, the light was switched off yet the girl was still humming. When I stopped infront of the pink door, the humming stopped."
 
"Unnie! Stop scaring me. I don't want to hear it anymore," I said, lying back to my bed.
 
"Ok , Ok, I'll shut up," Jessica laughed quietly. "But I'm not making this all up, I swear it's all true," Jessica tucked herself.
 
I ignored her response, "Goodnight unnie."
 
"Goodmornight," Jessica whispered.
 
I closed my eyes and tried to forget unnie's story. Eventually I drifted off to sleep.
 
 
I woke up again and this time it was morning. It was raining heavily outside making the day feel dull and grey. I checked the clock to see that it was after 8 in the morning. I got up to see if Krystal or Jessica were still asleep.  Their beds were empty.
 
 I slowly went downstairs. The smell of eggs and bacon lingered as I made my way to the kitchen. Everyone was already there eating breakfast. As soon as Chanyeol saw me his smile faded and kept his head low, avoiding my eyes. On the other hand when Luhan saw me he smiled and pointed to a seat next to him, indicating me to sit there. I did as I was told.
 
"Goodmorning. Where's the land owner?" I asked Luhan, pouring myself a cup of coffee.
 
"She had to run some errands. She said she'll be back in a while," Luhan responded.
 
We continued eating, having little conversations in between. As usual, Kai was teasing Krystal with his cheesy lines .
 
"How's your life so far, Krystal?" Kai asked, eager for Krystal's response.
 
Krystal was hesistant to answer him. She replied to him sarcastically, not knowing where this cheesy line was going. " Good. How's yours?"
 
"Talking to her right now," Kai responded with a goofy smile on his face. Krystal just rolled her eyes.
 
"OOOOOH, good one bro!" Xiumin responded, giving Kai a high five. 
 
Chanyeol smiled a bit to Kai's pick-up line. Chanyeol was usually a troll too along with Xiumin and Kai, until Luhan came in the picture.
 
"Dumb and dumber," Krystal muttered.
 
"You know Kai, if you melt my sister's icy heart, I swear you're the one. Many guys have tried it before but all of them failed. I've never seen Krystal respond to any pick-up lines before except you," Jessica stated.
 
Kai's smile grew wider.
 
"Ah Unnie!" Krystal crossed her arms, not liking that her sister can read her.
 
"Let me tell you something about my sister, she does aegyo all the time, I mean you might not see it but-" Jessica's mouth was covered with Krystal's hand. Seeing her younger sister with eyes that looked like they were about to kill someone, Jessica glued shut.
 
"Wow, she's worse than her sister," Chanyeol whispered to Xiumin.
 
"Goodluck Kai," Xiumin loudly whispered, making it for everyone to hear.  Kris, Luhan and I just chuckled.
 
After a minute of silence, Jessica changed the subject. "Did anyone see a little girl yet?"
 
"What do you mean?" Kris asked.
 
"Surely there must be a little girl living here, why else would there be a pink door upstairs? I've never seen that door opened yet."
 
"I have. When we just arrived, before we came into the house, I saw a girl outside, by the shed," I spoke up.
 
"Did you see her around the house?" Jessica asked.
 
"No," I responded.
 
"Weird. Shouldn't she suppose to be awake by now?" Jessica had more to say when we heard the front door opening revealing JiYoon with a bag of groceries.
 
"Goodmorning everyone," she smiled, the old creepy smile she gave us yesterday. Everyone murmured goodmorning back. 
 
"Alright guys, it's time to pack, I think it's about time we give JiYoon her own peace back," Kris spoke up.
 
"Bad news everyone, I was in the nearby shop and I overheard the people talking about roads being blocked due to the heavy rain. I checked it myself and sure enough all the secondary roads leading to the main road are blocked. The floods are too dangerous for cars passing through. You can all stay here for a couple more days until the floods are gone, if you wish," JiYoon said.
 
I didn't want to stay another night in this house. There was something about the house that made me uncomfortable.
 
"I guess we have no choice," Kris said. "Thank you very much for letting us stay here," Kris smiled at JiYoon.
 
"Your welcome. Sometimes I need a little company here, it's hard living by myself," JiYoon smiled back.
 
"You're living by yourself? I thought you're living with your daughter?" Jessica asked the same question in my head. 
 
With that, JiYoon became uncomfortable, avoiding our eyes, fidgeting with the hem of her blouse.
 
"Unfortunately, she died last year. She..drowned. And my husband, he past away because of cancer." JiYoon spoke slowly. 
 
So who was the girl I saw at the shed? Who was the girl Jessica heard last night? The thought of seeing a ghost gave me a shiver. Maybe it was the neighbor. Then I remembered the house was in the middle of nowhere, and the girl by the shed and the girl in the picture looked exactly alike..
 
 Jessica and I glanced at each other, knowing that what we saw and heard could be a ghost.  
 
There was something about her answer that was not quite..truthful. The way she paused when she mentioned how her daughter died gave a different feeling to where she described how her husband past away. The way her faced looked when she mentioned her husband was quite heartbreaking compare to when she talked about her daughter. She seemed...emotionless.
 
Maybe it was my mind playing with me, seeing the contrast between the two people she talked about. Or maybe the small hint of jealousy I felt when she looked at Luhan. 
 
No, there was definitely something that she was hiding. I don't know why I thought of it this way but something was pushing me towards that side of the argument.
 
"I'm very sorry to hear that," Jessica spoke with a sad voice.
 
Everyone turned quiet. 
 
Krystal took out her phone. "Are you serious? Still no signal. I thought my phone was just being stupid last night. So much for calling mom now to tell her that we'll be staying here for a couple more days," Krystal groaned.
 
"And I thought I was the only one with signal problems," Luhan said.
 
"I forgot to tell you all that there's no signal in this house. If you go as far as the shed you might get some signal there," JiYoon pointed out.
 
Great. Anything else weird in this house? Creepy house, no signal, uninviting atmosphere, eerie aura coming from JiYoon and seeing a ghost the first night. 
 
What else the house had to offer?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Wow, new subscribers! ^^  Hello hello *waves * Thank you for subscribing! Hope you enjoy this new chappie :> I'm really scaring myself here for writing this in the middle of the night -_- 
Since my easter break is ending and I'm back to school on Monday (yay >.<) I can only update every week now so...I'm sorry :( Mianhe!
Sorry for any mistakes (lol I say this to every chapter I update) Criticisms are welcome so in that way I can improve the way I write ^^ But not too harsh xD
Don't be a silent reader, do comment :)
 
P.S. I'm still waiting patiently for EXO's comeback...
SNSD's Beep Beep short version is out. Go check it out peeps! :)
Annyeong! till the next update \(^.^)/