Fear and Pain

Belvedere House

 

Yoona POV:
 
After much insist that JiYoon will do the dishes, we all headed upstairs to have a little meeting. Everything was just getting weirder and weirder about this place.
 
Everyone huddled in our room. After closing the door behind her, Jessica spoke up.
 
"That was definitely a ghost," Jessica turning in my direction with a dismayed face, pacing up and down the room.
 
"Wait, hold up, explain. I'm still freaked out about the fact that the girl is dead when I swear I saw her yester-" I cutted Krystal off.
 
"Wait what? You saw her?" I asked, shocked. So I wasn't the only one.
 
"Ya, when Xiumin pulled up the van infront of the house. She was looking out on the window straight at us, not the one with the lit room, it was the room with the pink door. I looked back when we were walking up to the front door but she was gone." Krystal explained. "Yoona, didn't you say you saw her by the shed too?"
 
It was around the same time Krystal saw her that I saw the girl too. The difference was that Krystal saw her inside the house while I saw her by the shed. It would take atleast a good few minutes to move from one place to another...unless the girl was definitely a ghost..
 
"Yes, I did," I responded without thinking, busy with my brain trying to think of an explanation to this. I was still doubtful that the girl could be a ghost. I thought ghosts weren't real? I thought they were only in movies? But then again the girl I saw was wearing a white dress...pale face...dead expression...The thought of it frightened me.
 
"Last night I heard a girl humming in the same room where Krystal saw her," Jessica confessed.  Everyon whipped their heads towards her direction.
 
"I saw her at the top of the stairs this morning. I tried conversing with her but she never responded. I was shocked when JiYoon said she past away," Kris spoke up, sadness written all over his face.
 
 One by one they started confessing.
 
"Kai and I heard footsteps and laughter in the girl's room this morning too and when we knocked on the door the noise stopped. We called her out for breakfast but there was no answer," Xiumin said.
 
"I saw her at the end of the hallway yesterday just after we came in," Chanyeol joined in quietly.
 
Luhan was the last one to confess. "I was in the kitchen looking for JiYoon this morning when I saw her by the swimming pool, she was standing there motionless. Her clothes were dripping wet so I got a towel for her but when I returned she was gone. I looked for her everywhere in the house but couldn't find her. I tried opening the door to her room but it was locked. I thought maybe JiYoon already found her and took care of her."
 
Everyone remained silent, absorbing the news they heard. Shock and terror written all over their faces. 
 
So this girl, Sulli, appeared to everyone. The question was, why? From what I heard and read from myths and legends, ghosts appear to you when they die badly. Badly meaning dying suddenly from accidents, illness or murder.  Their souls are lost in this world, trying to solve how they die, trying to find peace. From a religious point of view, they are asking for prayers, to help them move on and find the light above.
 
 From the very beginning I knew there was something wrong with this place, but I didn't know it was this bad. And JiYoon. I couldn't let go of the fact that she was hiding something from us.
 
" I want to get out of this place, I don't like where this is heading to," Krystal whispered, her eyes full of fear. Jessica came over and comforted her sister.
 
"We can't right now, the roads are blocked, we have nowhere to go," Jessica said softly.
 
"Look guys, whatever is happening right now, don't be afraid. It's just a ghost. I'm not an expert on this but the girl's not going to hurt us. There's a reason why she's appearing to us, I read that if they do appear, just ask them what they want or say a prayer for them. If you show fear, they'll appear to you more," Kris explained.
 
"I agree," Luhan answered. 
 
"I guess we have no choice," Xiumin joined in while Chanyeol and Kai nodded in agreement.
 
I nodded slowly too, realising there was no way we can get out of this house with that torrential rain and heavy floods. I just had to it up and overcome my fear. 
 
Krystal just sighed, apprehending the situation.
 
"Don't worry Krystal, Kai's there for you, he won't leave you alone," Xiumin suggested, trying to lighten up the mood. Kai smiled to Krystal. Not the goofy, smirk smile. It was a genuine one, there was no hint of teasing and mocking in it. Krystal realised that Kai wasn't joking around so she smiled back.
 
"Alright, we need to head downstairs or else JiYoon might get suspicious on what we are talking about. She might be devastated when she hears her daughter is appearing to us," Kris changed the subject. 
 
Everyone slowly dispersed.
 
"You go ahead, I need to talk to Chanyeol," I whispered to Luhan. He smiled a little and nodded. He took my right hand and gently squeezed it, giving me encouragement, He let go of mine and got out of the room.
 
I spotted Chanyeol about to head out the door when I stopped him, holding his arm. He looked back at me, confused.
 
"Can I talk to you? Please?" I spoke to him quietly, waiting for his answer. He thought of it for a minute and and nodded stiffly.
 
 
 
CHANYEOL'S PERSPECTIVE:
 
She waited for everyone to leave before she spoke.
 
"What happened to you? Why are you not talking to me anymore? Why are you avoiding me?"  Yoona threw all the questions at me at once.
 
I remained quiet.
 
"Chanyeol, please? I'm begging you. I want the old you back. I want my bestfriend back," She said, her eyes full of confusion, but most of all..hurt.
 
Her words stung my heart. Seeing her like this pained me.  Why can't she see me more than just a bestfriend? Doesn't she know how I'm the only one who knows her like the back of my hand? Doesn't she know that she's the only one who can make me smile when I'm down? Doesn't she know how I automatically smile whenever I see her, even if it is just a glimpse of her would make my day?
 
 Can't she see how much I...love her? Can't she see how much agony I'm in whenever I see her look at Luhan like there's no other human being in this planet except him?
 
I would give up everything except her.
 
But I can't force her to love me back. To force her to return the feelings I have for her.
 
And thats what hurts me the most.
 
 
Yoona's eyes became watery. Looking straight at my eyes, she waited for an answer.
 
 
I barely talked to her. I avoided her, to ease the pain. And after all of that, there was no change at all. I need to stop thinking about myself. If I care about her, I wouldn't be selfish enough to keep her away from her happiness, Luhan. 
 
"I'm...sorry, Yoona. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to...hurt you," I didn't know what else to say. Should I tell her my true feelings? 
 
She came closer to me and touched my cheek with her thumb. "Yeolli, tell me what's wrong?" she called me by my nickname as she tried to find answers in my eyes.
 
"I.. thought you forgot about me. I assumed that you won't talk to me as much now because you have Luhan. I thought I'll be...replaced," I confessed half of the main problem.
 
She sighed, "Chanyeol, you know how much you mean to me. We've been bestfriends since we were 5. I will never replace you as my bestfriend. Remember our promise? Even if we find other people we'll still stick together no matter what," she said softly.
 
I HAVE been so selfish. Why am I so stupid of just realising that now? All I did was to think about myself. My love for her became greedy to the point where I nearly lost her. 
 
"Yes, I remember the promise. That's why I'm saying I'm sorry, for acting stupid, for avoiding you and not talking to you. I promise I won't be like this again. It's just I thought...I was going to lose you," A lump forming in my throat.
 
She smiled a little and slowly wrapped her arms around my waist. My heartbeat began to increase. 
 
"Of course I forgive you, don't do that again. Do you know how empty I felt when you were avoiding me? I've missed you so much. I'm glad I have my bestfriend back," she stated, her face burried on my chest.
 
I hugged her back. The word 'bestfriend' still pained me but that's better than losing her.
 
She broke the hug and looked at me straight in the eyes. "Are we okay now?" Her voice hesitant.
 
"Yes we are," I responded. 
 
Her smile reappeared. She hugged me again.
 
 I decided not to tell her my true feelings.
 
I made my decision.  I need to move on. I need..to let her go. Her happiness is my happiness. 
 
A sudden weight was lifted off of my chest.  I hugged her tighter, since I know this would be the last time I can hug her like this.
 
After staying like that for a while, I broke the hug and cupped her face in my hands. I studied her face, her small, oval face. Her cute, button nose. Her chocolate-brown, deer eyes. The girl I'm holding right now was the same girl I fell inlove with 4 years ago. This will be the last time I can look at her like this again.
 
I sighed and let go of her face. I'm inlove with you, Yoona, but you're inlove with someone else. You were my first love. It's time that I let you go, the most important girl in my life. 
 
I smiled at her, hiding the pain and sadness beneath it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm back with a new chapter. This one is quite boring since I want you to understand Chanyeol's point of view :) 
Anyone believe in ghosts here?? xD
 
A big hello to new subscribers! Thank u for subscribing :)
Do comment and tell me what you think of the story so far :D 
Annnndddd I don't know what else to say xD Hope you're all enjoying the story.
 
Want to know a little secret?? Stay tuned for the next update nyehehehe x)
 
Annyeong readers! Goodbye for now :) Until the next update.
 
 
RANDOM: I'm obsessed with emoticons :)) I overuse them all the timexD I can't imagine myself not using them :/