Threats and sweaty palms

Secrets in school

Heungsoo stared at himself in the mirror. He let out a frustrated sigh and fluffed up his hair hoping to make it a little more exciting than usual. The black mop just fell into his normal position. He throw up his hands in defeat and grabbed his toothbrush to start brushing his teeth.

"Stupid hair, stupid uniform, stupid Namsoon. I am totally not trying to look good for you, okay." he shouted to no one in particular. He looked back at his reflection as he brushed his teeth and grimaced at the dark circles under his eyes. He hadn't slept the night before having laid awake for hours debating whether or not he would meet Namsoon and give him another chance. When he had finally decided he had wondered what amazing speech he would give to Namsoon and how he would try to do this without getting emotional. When he had finally drifted off to sleep his mind had wondered into a place that he wished never existed- his lustful fantasies and each one had been filled with Namsoon.

 He finished getting ready and was about to walk out the door when the phone rang. He cursed under his breath and answered it, it was his sister calling to check on him. She seemed to be in a talkative mood and spoke about mundane stuff that had no effect on Heungsoo. He eventually had to put the phone down saying a quick goodbye. He ran to the door and tried to pull on his wore down sneakers. He peeked a glance at his watch and cursed loudly. He was late for school and consequently the meeting with Namsoon. With that thought in his head he ran to school trying hard to ignore the throbbing in is knee.

 

"Okay so lets go over the plan again..." started Ha Kyung but Young Woo cut her off "I think he knows the plan by now. He may be stupid but even a goldfish could remember the plan after the amount of times we went over it"

Namsoon cleared his throat "I am right you know and yes I remember the plan."

Ha Kyung started to chew her thumb nail "What happens if you forget step 4 or step 15 they are the critical points and what if you..."

Namsoon placed a hand on each of his freinds' shoulders. "Guys stop worrying. Now go away because you are making me nervous."

Ha Kyung nodded and Young Woo lead the girl to the school entrance both getting into position behind the wall in what they hoped was a perfect hiding spot." 

Namsoon turned his head to look down each side of the road hoping to catch a glimpse of Heungsoo. Nothing. He wiped his sweaty palms against his trousers wondering why he was so nervous. They'd had a relationship before but Namsoon guessed it was because they had grow up so much in the past few years and were very different from whom they used to be.

The minutes seemed to slowly pass and yet there was no sight of Heungsoo. Namsoon wondered if they other boy had truly given up on him and any reconciliation between them but he pushed that thought away. He glanced at his watch and felt his hopes slowly fall away, the school bell would ring in a few minutes and the gates would be closed. In fact the janitor was already walking in their direction while the last few students rushed through the gates. 

The bell rang and Namsoon felt his heart drop. He hadn't come which only meant one thing , Heungsoo didn't want him back. He turned to his friends and shrugged his shoulders. The growing lump in his throat made it hard to speak.

Young Woo patted him on the back "Maybe he got caught up in traffic. Things like that happen. This doesn't mean that he has given up on you guys."

 

Heungsoo ran as fast as he could. He could see the school. His lungs were burning and his knee felt like it was on fire. That is when he heard the dreaded sound of the school bell. He just came over the small hill when he saw Namsoon. The other boy was turning away from him with his head down. Heungsoo went to shout out but at that moment his knee decided it would be a great time to give out and down he went.

Heungsoo stiffly got to his feet. He limped his way to the gates worrying that Namsoon would think that he had given up on them. He wondered if the day could get any worse.

Apparently it could. "Sorry kid gates closed, your late!" said the janitor somewhat gleefully as he put the lock on the gate.

Heungsoo pulled a face "But I am only like a minute late. Look ahjussi I am having a bad day and I don't want to add detention to list list of ty things that have happened to me. So please can you just open the gate and let me in. Look my friends are even over there."

The janitor merely shrugged "Sorry kid no can do. The gate is locked and will remain locked until such time that it is not. And by the way kid life is one long, ty day and perhaps detention will teach you to get up earlier."

He turned and walked away humming a delightful little tune to himself. Heungsoo stuck out his tongue at the man. He backed up and surveyed the wall. He would get into the school even if it was by some unconventional means.

 

Namsoon sat down at his desk and immediately rested his head on his arms. He bit his lip wondering why he had even let Young Woo and Ha Kyung lead him to believe that he still had a chance with Heungsoo. He heard Ms. Jung calling out roll call and he raised his hand when his name was called. 

"Ah how nice of you to join us Park Heungsoo. I don't think class would have been the same without you. Oh and look you decided that you would try look you best today too, how sweet" Mr. Kang said sarcastically.

Namsoon looked up and his eyes meet with the blood shot ones of Heungsoo. The boy looked like he had been dragged through the trash backwards. He was sweaty, his hair was plastered to his face and had little twigs sticking out of it, his face had a dark smudge and his clothes were slightly ripped in some places. Namsoon quickly looked away unable to look at the reason why he felt so hurt.

Namsoon paid no attention to the rest of homeroom and instead stared out the window lost in his own thoughts. He only came back to earth when it was his turn to end the class. As their math teacher strolled in barking orders Namsoon felt something hit his arm. He looked up and saw a small, folded piece of paper. He looked up to see who had thrown it and was shocked to see Heungsoo looking at him. The other boy pointed to the paper and mouthed the words read it. Namsoon unfurled the paper and read the messily written note.

Meet me on the roof during lunch. Then we can talk.

Despite its ambiguity Namsoon couldn't help but smile.

 

Heungsoo saw Namsoon smile at the note and he felt himself relax a little. He turned his attention back to the lesson hoping that their math teacher wouldn't realize that he still didn't have his math book but of course as luck seemed to be against him.

"Mr' Park I see that you are still without a proper math book. It would seem that you do not care about you education at all. Perhaps if you spent some of your free time writing out all the notes that you have missed then perhaps you will learn. Yes that sounds like a good idea. Come to my office at lunch break."

Heungsoo went to object "But I..."

"No buts Mr. Park. It is either that or I tell the principal that you have no interest in school."

Heungsoo sighed in defeat. He wondered why the world hated him so much today. He turned his head to look at Namsoon. The other boy looked sad but just shrugged.

 

The bell rung for lunch break and class 2 went nuts rushing for the doors. Heungsoo was able to push through easily as he trudged down the hallway with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He heard his name being called and he turned.

Namsoon stopped in front of him and suddenly looked shy. The silence was thick.

"I am sorry about this morning. My sister called and well you know how she is... also that janitor is a jerk. I had to scale the wall just to get in."

Namsoon nodded "listen I know we don't have much time but this morning where you going to...give me another chance."

Heungsoo squared his shoulders. "Depends'''?

 Namsoon frowned "On what?"

Heungsoo tried to hide his excitement "If you can prove it to me that I should forgive you and then perhaps we can think about giving us another shot."

Namsoon grinned "Okay well how about..."

"PARK HEUNGSOO WHY ARE YOU NOT IN MY OFFICE?" 

Both boys cringed at the noise. Namsoon shrugged "Oh well I will talk to you later. I have the perfect idea."

Heungsoo just raised his eyebrow. He started to walk away when he remember.

"Yah Namsoon-ah. Catch." He pulled a small bundle from his bag and tossed it to Namsoon.

Namsoon opened it and his missing photograph and a pair of socks. He looked at the small character on the socks and immediately blushed. It was Kim Sunggyu from Infinite. Only Heungsoo knew of his love for the group and had always promised him that one day when he made it as a professional soccer player he would take Namsoon to one of their concerts.

He stuffed the socks in his pocket and was about to do the same with the photo when it was snatched out of his hand.

"Well, well, well what do we have here. Together Forever. Aww how gross." Jung Ho said with a smirk on his face while his cronies laughed in the back ground.

Namsoon reached out for the photo "Give it back."

Jung Ho made his face look s innocent as possible "Why don't you want everyone to know that you are a and a bully?"

Namsoon felt bile rise in his throat, he had forgotten that Jung Ho knew who he really was and that meant he held all the cards.

"It is too bad that Heungsoo may get expelled."

Namsoon tried to contain his anger and worry "What?"

Jung Ho just smiled and started to circle Namsoon "Well you see Ms. Jung HAD to report last nights incident to the school violence board. You see because  he threw the first punch. I am the victim and Heungsoo is the aggressor. You see the thing is if I, the victim, feels threatened by the aggressor than then can remove him from the school and seeing as though he has been removed from so man schools already I doubt any one would want him." 

Namsoon growled and went to grab Jung Ho but the other boy had been anticipating it and had stepped back.

"Calm down lover boy. You see you can help me forget about the whole incident while I am being interviewed."

Namsoon frowned, he didn't like to be threatened but this was different, this was about Heungsoo.

"What do you want me to do?"

Jung Ho smiled "Such a good little boyfriend aren't you. I always knew you had a weak spot, who knew it would be a guy."

"What do you want me to do?" Namsoon said through gritted teeth.

"We want you to steal the questions to the upcoming exams."

Namsoon couldn't believe what he had just heard. "Are you insane, I would get caught. No way it is too dangerous."

Jung Ho shook his head "Such a disappointment. I can't imagine how Heungsoo will feel if he found out that you did nothing to help him."

He took one last look at the photo before throwing it on the floor at Namsoon's feet.

"If you have  change of heart. Meet us on the rooftop after school."

And with that they left Namsoon alone. A battle raging inside him between his mind and his heart.


Hey lovely readers' I am sooooooo sorry for the super long wait but hope this chapter will suffice. Another one will be up soon...hopefully!!!

I am so lazy lately that it is not even funny. I am like I should update my fanfiction, I have so many ideas and then my body is like 

 

 tumblr_mmcas2md7o1qavxbbo1_500.gif

 

 

P.S all pics are from tumblr!!!!