Split lips and meddling friends

Secrets in school

Namsoon felt the handcuff snap into place around his wrist. He could already see that Jung Ho and Ji Hoon had been placed into the cop car. He looked up to see a scrawny police officer leading a limping Heungsoo to the other car.

Namsoon kept his eyes on Heungsoo hoping that the other boy would just look at him, look at him the way he used to after a fight. His eyes would always speak volumes and would remind Namsoon that he was human and not some monster. He started to tremble as the adrenaline drained away and the realization that Heungsoo would not assure and comfort him. He buried the sudden overwhelming feeling that he was very much alone and Heungsoo no longer cared.

 

The four boys sat silently, head bowed as the police officer took each of their finger prints. Namsoon sat with his hands in his lap biting his lip. He felt so cold and alone. He wasn't even paying attention to what was going on instead memories, mostly bad ones kept running through his mind. This fight has brought back to many bad memories. He kept recalling the look on Jung Ho's face as his face smashed into it, the fear in the boys eyes. Once that fear would have driven him crazy except now Jung Ho's face kept changing into Heungsoo's broken one. He could feel the iciness cling to his heart and tears pricked at is eyes, he was alone, so alone.

 

Heungsoo removed his thumb from the paper hoping that this wouldn't affect his probation. He sat back in the chair and at the cut on his lip tasting the dried blood. He cringed at the taste feeling the bruise on his face sting. He looked down as the police officer stated that he was the assailant and that Jung Ho was the victim. He wanted to point out that the so called victim was a troublesome bully and would have smashed his leg in with  a brick if Namsoon hadn't intervened. He glanced over at the boy and saw him staring intently at his lap and wringing his hands together. Heungsoo narrowed his eyes, he knew Namsoon too well and the other boy would only do this if he was on the verge of tears or an emotional breakdown.

He times that he would sleep over at the other's house and be woken by soft, broken sobs. He would hold Namsoon in his arms comforting him, he knew that his ex-boyfriend was haunted by nightmares of his mother's death and his father's abusive ways. He remembered Namsoon once telling him that just a simple touch from Heungsoo could make him feel better. Heungsoo had laughed at that but Namsoon had just blushed, saying that Heungsoo made him feel human, would bring him back down to earth. Just  a simple touch from Heungsoo would make him feel safer and free.

Heungsoo rolled his eyes cursing his soft heart as he slowly leaned his knee against Namsoon's in what he hoped seemed nonchalant. He continued to listen to the officer trying to ignore Namsoon's gaze.

 

Namsoon was just about to fall into oblivion when he felt a soft touch his knee. He looked down and saw Heungsoo's knee resting against his. He felt warmth surge through him chasing back the icy loneliness. He held his head up a little higher and turned to look at Heungsoo who intent on ignoring the fact that their legs were touching. He smiled softy to himself anyway and sat up, smirking silently at the attitude in Heungsoo's voice as he answered the  officer.

He watched as ms. Jung signed the papers as their guardian. He knew that they were going to get an earful from her. He glanced at the other boys smirking a little as he caught sight of Jung Ho's face and then as always his eyes came to rest on Heungsoo. He noticed the cut on his lip and wondered what Heungsoo would do if he tried to clean him up like they used to do.

 

Ms. Jung looked at the boys and shook her head. She wondered how she could possibly fix these unruly youth or if in fact they could be fix. 

"All right get up. Lets go." She turned to the officer and thanked him before she her heel leading the boys out of the station. They walked out into the cold night air readying themselves for the lecture they were surely about to get.

"You guys know that from today I am your guardian, right?From now on you guys have to listen well to me"

The boys shuffled their feet looking bored.

"Should I call up the Student Violence committee?. Even though this was settled at the police station, if its reported at school the committee will open up and your parents will have to come in."

She realized that that threat worked as both Namsoon and Jung Ho looked at her with silent agreement to behave on their faces. She noticed that Heungsoo had glanced at Namsoon, his face unreadable. She wondered what was the deal between these two and decided that later when she had time she would do some digging into their backgrounds. 

"Follow me." she said in her most authoritative voice. She turned flipping he small ponytail over her shoulder, glad when she heard the slow shuffles of four pairs of feet following her. 

 

Namsoon whispered a small thank you to Ms. Jung for the food. She gave a small smile as he left in the same direction that Heungsoo had gone.

He ran to catch up with Heungsoo. He caught sight of the tall boys blue blazer and slowed down.

Without turning around Heungsoo could already guess who it was "Stop following me."

He came to a stop and turned. Namsoon stood in front of him, his hands in his pockets and his face with the same pathetic look he had whenever he looked at Heungsoo lately. It reminded Heungsoo of why he hated the other boy.

"What to do. You retired and yet you used your fists again. Is it nice to live as if it is not you?"

He saw that his words had stung. However Namsoon quickly recovered and gave his cute little smirk that used to drive Heungsoo crazy.

"Now this is who I am."

Heungsoo raised an eyebrow "Is that right?"

He took a breath "Well then it is a guy I don't know."

He was honest about that though, the Namsoon that he had known, had loved was certainly a fighter but that wasn't what he was talking about. The Namsoon he knew was hyperactive, naughty, quick to anger and not a coward.

He could see that Namsoon had understand what he meant. Heungsoo missed that, the familiarity that the two had once shared, the fact that they could always tell what the other felt or needed without saying anything. He pushed the nostalgia that was creeping up inside of him.

He turned and began to walk away. He didn't hear any footsteps behind him and he scolded himself for feeling disappointed.

 

Namsoon arrived home and opened the door. He kicked off his shoes and leaned his head against the closed door. A heavy sigh escaped as he though about what Heungsoo had said to him. He felt like the icy hand of loneliness had returned and had put a vice like grip around his heart. He swallowed back the sob that was welling up inside him and wiped violently at the tears that threatened to fall.

He walked further into the house and stopped, the hairs on the back of his neck rising. The kitchen light was on and he could hear voices. His father wasn't supposed to be home for another week. He frantically scanned the room for a weapon, his eyes fell on a mop. He cringed, it wouldn't strike fear into the heart of the intruders but at least it was a weapon. He picked it up and tiptoed towards the kitchen. He raised the mop and leapt into the kitchen screaming loudly so as to startle the thieves.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...."

He broke of a he look at the face of the intruders. Not only did they look anything but startled but they were all to familiar.

"How the hell did you get into my house?"

Ha Kyung smiled sweetly and turned back to Young Woo who shoveled a mouthful of ramen, Namsoon's precious ramen, into his mouth. "Didn't I tell you that is is useless. The idiot lives off ramen and brandishes a mop as a weapon, there is no way that he could win the heart of his ex back."

Young Woo nodded "Agreed. Look at him, he is so...hopeless."

Namsoon looked down at himself. Hopeless? Who they hell were they to call him useless.

"Hey I asked you a question. How the hell did you get into my house?"

Ha Kyung turned her attention to Namsoon. She stood up and flashed him as sickenly sweet smile that looked wrong on her face. She placed her hands on the back of his shoulders and steered him and his mop towards the table. She pushed down so that he sat. She took her seat and clapped her hands together. She pulled a face as she caught sight of his bruised face.

"Eeuw you look horrible. Did you get into a fight or something?"

Namsoon slammed his hand down on the table finally startling his friends. "HOW...THE ...HELL...DID...YOU...GET...INTO...MY ...HOUSE?"

Ha Kyung avioded eye contact and she tried to find words. "Well I may or may not have...picked the lock."

Namsoon stared at the incredulous girl. He opened his mouth to say something but Young Woo cut him off.

"I saw her do it, it was amazing. That is honestly one of the few things I did not know about Ha Kyung."

The girl in question grinned and Namsoon shook hi head looking at Young Woo "Don't encourage her!"

The two continued as if he had said nothing. Ha Kyung pointed towards Young Woo "Can yoou believe that this guys knows all of our secrets. He is like a box of secrets or a spy. Holy moly he is Seungri High's very own 007."

Namsoon groaned "Oh my god, don't encourage him."

He placed his forehead on the table and gave a small laugh "Oh what did I do to deserve having you to in my life."

Young Woo patted his back "Namsoon-sshi, think of us as you guardian angels who are here to get you and Heungsoo back together."

Ha kyung nodded "Think of us as your fairy god mother and father and yourself as the ugly- cinderella."

Namsoon lifted his head, he glared at his friends. He thought about kicking them out and curling up into a ball for the night. But he knew that wouldn't work. Ha Kyung would just pick the lock again and besides his two friends could actually be helpful.

"Oh and while you were off getting your kicked we went ahead with part 1 of plan A" said Young Woo as he stuffed a mouthful of ramen into his mouth.

Namsoon pulled a face "What plan...wait what did you do?"

Young Woo smiled, his mouth still filled with food. He swallowed, "Well you will just have to wait and see."

 

Heungsoo open the door slowly hoping that his sister would be asleep but he had never been lucky. 

"Why are you so late school ended ages agoo...oh my god what the hell happen to your face?"

He sister stormed up to him roughly grabbing his face and examining it in the dim light.

She narrowed her eyes at him "You promised that you had stopped fighting!"

Heungsoo hugged his sister knowing that it always calmed her down. He hated lying to his sister especially as she had essentially raised him and saw all his problems as a reflection on her.

"There was this older guy harassing the smallest guy in my class and so I stood up to him. I got this in the process but good news is I made a few friends."

His sister backed up a little. She looked at him, her eyes sparkling. 

"You made a friend. Oh that is great news, you should invite him over some time. This is great I mean the last friend you had was Nam..."

She broke off and looked apologetically up at her baby brother.

"I am sorry. I forgot. I am off to bed, I have to Busan again tomorrow for about a week. Will you be okay?"

Heungsoo nodded and gave a quick kiss on her forehead. "Don't worry about me."

His sister gave a small smile and turned to leave. She walked a few steps before she turned back to him.

"Oh Soo-ah some kids from school came by today. They left you a letter, said it was very important. I left it on you bed. Anyway goodnight."

Heungsoo grabbed a bottle of water from the refrigerator and the medical kit from the medicine cabinet. He walked into the bathroom and began to clean up his wounds, staring at the split lip. He was reminded of one fight that the gang had gotten into. Namsoon had underestimated the strength of the other leader and he had been knocked out. 

Heungsoo had carried the other boy away from the fight. Once they had arrived at Namsoon's house he had tried desperately to wake the other up. He remembered how relieved he had felt when Namsoon had finally opened his eyes and had leaned up giving him a small kiss on the cheek. He remembered how shocked he had been. The other boy had smiled and had merely said "Your lip is split."

That little peck had eventually lead to proper kisses, longer kisses and confessions of love. He shook his head to get rid of the unwanted memory. He checked his image in the mirror, content enough with it he left to his room.

He walked into his room, his sanctuary and slowly got undressed mindful of the many bruises that were forming on his body. He pulled on his pajamas and climbed into his bed. He spotted the envelope lying at the end of his bed. He leaned across to get it. It had nothing but his name written on it.

He pulled out the letter and unfolded it. Something fell out of it and landed in his lap. He picked it and held it to face. It was a picture of the two of them, when Heungsoo's sister had taken them to Seoul for a weekend. It had been one of the best moments of his life and he knew that it was of the moments that Namsoon treasured the most. He turned it over and read the inscription "Together Forever. Seoul 21 December 2009"

He frowned, this was Namsoon's. The other boy had kept it framed by his bed. He looked at the letter and began to read.

Dear Heungsoo

We (Young Woo and Ha Kyung) are writing this so as to remind you that try as you may to hide it, you still have feelings for Namsoon  and he still, definitely, has feelings for you. Don't let love slip through you hands because of one stupid mistake made by a KID (plus Namsoon isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed). We know that what he did is unforgivable but regardless the two of you seriously need to talk.  

If you still believe in love then give him another chance. Meet him tomorrow morning outside the school gates.

yours sincerely

Ha Kyung and Young Woo (aka Namsoon's best friends!)

P.s Namsoon has no feelings for me (Ha Kyung) in fact we both find the other revolting. True I did have a small, misplaced crush on him but then he told me about you. That hug meant nothing!!!! 

P.P.S Please bring the photo with you. We kinda of stole it from the frame by his bed and it is obviously important to him.

Heungsoo scrunched up the letter into a ball and throw it across the room. He shut off his lamp and lay down grumpily. How dare those meddling idiots get involved in his life, he didn't have feelings for Namsoon. He sighed and flipped the lamp back to find the photo. He picked it up of the floor and stare the happy faces in the picture. He ran a finger across the photo or more specifically across Namsoon's face.

Who was he kidding. He was still very much in love with the adorable idiot and that was what hurt the most.

 


Hello readers. So I know I haven't updated in a while but I had exams. However winter semester is officially over for me which means one thing...loads of updates. Hope you like this chapter and that it fills up your Heungsoon feels! 

Thanks for reading!!!