Life of a Bodyguard

Social Status
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter seven; life of a bodyguard

»  The mysterious figure that had hit Donghae on the head with the carton came out of the shadows and looked at Donghae. "You know you aren't even supposed to fall for them. That was rule one of being their bodyguard."

"Kyuhyun..." Donghae whispered. "She might hear you... plus... she doesn't even know that I've fallen for her and I would like to keep it that way." He wasn't exactly keen to it being fully known by everyone. Especially since Kyuhyun was right. One of the first rules when training to be a bodyguard was to never fall in love with the one that you were in charge of protecting. Particularly in the romantic sense. The young bodyguard sighed as he looked at Kyuhyun. "What happened during your job anyway?"

The young male turned away as he made his hand form into a fist. "Because... I couldn't protect the one I was assigned..." Part of his hair covered his face as he spoke. "I fell in love with her and I still couldn't protect her... no matter how much I loved her..."

Changmin sat down and kept a lookout for Dara while Kyuhyun started to tell Donghae what happened.

"I was assigned to Seo Joohyun... and she found out that I liked her and wanted to give up her money and everything just to be with me." He sighed. "But her parents didn't like that and even killed he in front of me, letting her younger brother become the next heir..." He looked at Donghae, with a purely serious look on his face. "So if you don't want to suffer the same...."

"It isn't going to be like that, Cho Kyuhyun. I'm the only one she has left," Donghae yelled at his friend. "Even if I'm just a bodyguard... I..."

Changmin looked at Donghae and made a hush down signal at him as he saw Dara come back from the ladies' room.

Dara blinked as she looked at all of them and hid behind Donghae since she didn't know Kyuhyun, who was glaring at her. He knew exactly who Dara was and he didn't like that Donghae was still protecting her even though that he wouldn't have to protect anymore anyway. The girl pouted and cowered more behind Donghae as she looked at Kyuhyun.

"So this is her?" he asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter