Special Delivery

Social Status
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter five; special delivery

»  Dara slowly woke up and rubbed her eyes. She looked around and it was still dark that she unconsciously clinged onto the sleeping Donghae. "Umma?" she called out in a mere squeak. She had been hoping that the previous day was just a scary nightmare. When she saw Donghae's face near hers, her eyes widened and she screamed.

Donghae immediately woke up and looked at her hugging her tighter. "Shhh... shhh... Dara... it's okay..." His heart was beating like crazy and a blush was forming in his cheeks as he felt his cheeks warming up. "As I said I'm your bodyguard... I'm here to protect you... no matter what." 

She looked at him with wide eyes, tears b them. "So.. umma's really gone?" she whispered so quietly that Donghae had a little hard time catching what she was saying.

He managed to understand two words and nodded. "Unfortunately..." The boy wiped her tears with his thumb and smiled softly at her. He took her in his arms and carried her to the kitchen so she could eat something. In a way, he noticed that she looked pale since ended up giving Hyukjae most of her food the previous night. He actually couldn't believe Dara didn't notice. But he knew that she had to eat something else before he could go to work with him. He found some dried mangoes in the cupboard and he gave the bag to her. "Here... eat it..."

Her eyes widened. She wasn't actually expecting him to do that and she gave the bag back to him. "No..." She didn't want to eat because she was still mourning and she was also worried that Sungmin, Donghae, Hyukjae and Yejin won't have enough to eat later.

Donghae looked at her and shook his head. "Dara... you have to eat..." he said firmly. "You'll get sick if you don't. I know that you feel bad but compared to what you're used to... you aren't used to not eating so little like my family and I are. Please eat..."

She couldn't say no to him. She gulped and ate some of the dried mangoes. Every bite she took and every swallow she made was painful for her. But at the same time it was satifying. She ate half the bag and then gave it to him. "You eat too..." she said. She didn't want him to starve or not eat enough. In fact, she wasn't even aware that he didn't eat as much as she did even though she was living with him in the manor previously.

"No thank you..." He smiled at her. "I'm actually pretty used to not eating and letting my brothers and sister eat instead." He then went to a small trunk and took a pair of shorts and a shirt out. "These are Yejin's old clothes but I think they'll fit you..." He gave her the clothes and carried her to his room to change since they saw Hyukjae walk to the bathroom to use it.

Dara nodded and started to change her clothes into the clothes that Donghae had given her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter