To Protect Her

Social Status
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter three; to protect her

»  The door sprang open and Donghae looked at Dara. "Miss Dara... we need to leave... right now..." he quickly told her.

She looked at him and was about to scream when Donghae put his hand over . "Miss... I'm Lee Donghae... your bodyguard. Please don't scream... someone has barged into the manor and I need to get you out before you're hurt..." Hesitantly, she nodded as she followed him. She never knew that she had a personal bodyguard until he actually told her.

They went through a secret passage and she held on tightly to him because of her fear. "D-donghae-ssi.. I'm scared..." she whispered. If it weren't for the dark passageways, she wouldn't have been as scared as she currently was. He held her closer to his body and looked for a small flashlight that was in his pocket. He took it out and turned it on. "Miss Dara... everything's okay now... I have a flashlight..." He was rather happy it was dark though. She wouldn't be able to see Donghae's blush.

They got to the way out but someone popped out of no where, trying to grab Dara. "Miss... please cover your eyes..." Donghae advised as he looked at her and saw follow his advice and he punched the guy, restraining him and knocking him unconscious. He looked at Dara and quickly brought her out of the property and onto the street with him. He saw the manor set on fire and Dara looked at the house.

"Oh no... UMMA~" she cried, hurt by what was happening to her home. Happening to the place that she grew up. She sank onto her knees crying since she was able to hear her mother's screams. "No... don't hurt my daughter... I won't let you... she has nothing to do with this..." It was heard from the loud speakers of the manor and a gunshot was heard. Her eyes widened as she looked up again and tried to run back but Donghae backhugged her.

"Miss... please.. you can't go back..." He could tell that she was crying her heart out as she has just heard her mother's death. "They could kill you too..." he whispered.

Dara continued crying and looked at him. "Why didn't you save my umma too? Why did you only save me?"

He didn't know what to say. "I'm only appointed to protect you, Miss Dara. I'm sorry that I couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter