First Day on the Job

Social Status
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chapter eight; first day on the job

»  Dara smiled, nodding at her bodyguard as they went to the first stop for deliveries. She started to feel a little more comfortable with the boys that were with her. Normally, she wouldn't be much of the type that would mingle with boys this much. Mostly because for the most part, they scared her. But she felt safe around the three of them. Maybe because they were kind to her and know about her without causing her actual danger.

Kyuhyun looked at her and shook his head as he separated from Donghae and Dara by pulling Changmin with him. It was always like that when it came to work. The two boys would separate from Donghae, while Donghae did some tricks to attract customers. Dara looked at their retreating backs and tried to follow them,, curious to what they were up to. But Donghae held her hand to stop her and shook his head.

"Why not?" Dara asked, frowning as she was looking at them with curiousity.

Her bodyguard chuckled softly as he shook his head. "The two of them are always like that when we're working," he started to explain. "They do the deliveries while I do the promotion."

"Promotion?" she tilted her head. "You mean like the things that people have with going to others and begging them to buy things? Like commercials?" Dara never fully paid attention in those classes but she did know what promotions were. She rarely watched television in general so this was a rare thing for her to know.

Donghae nodded and smiled. "That's exactly what I mean..." he said. He went up to an elderly woman and began advertising the delivery boy service to her. He started to state the things of everything being cheap for a good product and Dara watched him quietly as he worked his magic and charms on the elderly woman. She watched as he brought a small smile to her face and she nodded, scoring a deal with her. He walked back to Dara and smiled at her. "And that's how we do it..."

The girl nodded as she looked at all of the things they sold. She wasn't entirely sure if she would be able to do it but she was determined to succeed. She may have been a wealthy girl, or at least previously she was as well as weak and fragile but there was no way that she was going to make everyone think of her like that for the rest of her life. She held one of the orange juice cartons and looked at it before looking at the ones that were walking around. There was a young child that looked thirsty and she quickly ran to the where he was. "Hello..." she whispered.

The young boy looked at her and then looked at the orange juice, pointing to it. Dara's eyes softened as she looked at him, taking it and giving it to him. "Here you go..." she said, smiling warmly. The boy gave her the money to pay for it and kissed her cheek tenderly, causing her to blink and blush. He grinned and ran off to his home. Dara stood up straight and smiled at the sight of his retreating back.

Donghae looked at her as she waved to the boy and chuckled softly. Despite Dara being the type of girl that would normally be sitting at a table drinking tea, he saw that she had the heart of a hardworker who was also kind to those who were beneath her.

She looked at him with a confused look on her face, not knowing why he was chuckling. It was strange... at least to her it was. She wasn't entirely used to having people chuckle at her because normally when she heard it, she would automatically assume that they were making fun of her.

He looked at her, blinking several times before smiling at her. "That boy actually paid a little less than he should but he's one of my best customers," he explained. "And I never thought that you would be this kind to them."

Now Dara didn't know whether or not she should take th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter