Being Poor is Nothing

Social Status
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter two; being poor is nothing

»  Lee Donghae was a boy that worked in the Park household and was put as Dara's bodyguard, even though she didn't know that. He was the same age as her and went to Seoul Preparatory Academy as well but he never went too close to her. As a child, he was trained to be able to protect the one person that he was assigned to. And that was Dara. But it was somewhat a different story for Donghae. When he was little he was taught to not be someone that would fall for the one he protects... and unfortunately he did. He ended up being the one that ended up getting personal feelings for her. But of course, he never told her. He never could. In fact, he could never tell her that because he never even spoken to her. He has always stayed by her side where she couldn't see him.

They arrived back to Park manor and the lights of the pathway lit up. Donghae made sure to set it like that when the lady of the house told him that Dara was completely terrified of the dark. He watched Dara walk out to the pathway and run into her home as fast as she can and Donghae quietly walked behind her. He wasn't completely sure if Dara had noticed him but she kept the door open once she had gotten inside. Little did he know... ever since their first day at Seoul Preparatory Academy... she ended up leaving the door open because her parents have told her to leave it open once she enters and that one of the servants will close it.

He went up to his room in the servants quarters and sighed. His job was done for the day but he had to study for a test. Unlike the other students at the Academy, Donghae actually had free period during the time of their etiquette classes and he only took classes that were required to graduate. That was one of the conditions of him being Dara's personal bodyguard. He gets a "free" education at the Academy as long as Dara is a student and keeps out of trouble.

He looked at his homework and pouted. Pre-Calc. That was the subject that he was studying for at the moment. He hated it so much. Especially since the numbers were confusing him to begin with. "Aish... why did I decide to do this?" he asked himself. It wasn't a requirement for him to take Pre-Calc but it was the class the she was in as well. It may seem creepy to some but he wanted to be near her as much as possible. To make sure that she didn't get hurt. "I probably should ask Siwon for help since he knows this stuff..." He took the cell phone that he was given by the Parks and called his friend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter