GD-It's You Again/Your Name

Big Bang Scenarios

It had been a simple day, relaxing day, that he had met her. Jiyoung had a day with no schedule for once, as he was simply preparing for his upcoming solo album, and went to the grocery store out of necessity. Trying to be discreet, he dressed conservatively, doing his best to blend in the population.

Luckily, he wasn’t stopped by any fangirl as he went directly to the small store that wasn’t far from his house. Grabbing a basket, he picked out what he came for and needed, filling the basket up only halfway. He was just about to go check out, when he turned and suddenly a body ran into him.

The person fell down, and her items fell everywhere. Jiyoung was at first startled, but quickly set down his basket and knelt beside her. “Are you okay?” He asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she mumbled, hair covering her face. “I’m sorry for running into you. I’m so clumsy sometimes.”

“Hey, it’s fine,” he soothed. “It was my fault anyway.”

“No, it was mine. Today is just not-oh no, I’m late!” She exclaimed, glancing at her watch before scrambling to pick up her stuff.

Jiyoung helped her gather all the items back in her basket, and they both stood up. “Thank you for helping me,” she said, finally looking him in the face, pushing the hair out of her own.

His voice caught in his throat, unable to reply to this beautiful person. His heart thumped in his chest as his legs suddenly felt weak. “Yeah..” he breathed.

“Well, I’m really late right now, so I really must go.” She gave a brief smile before turning away and almost running to the checkout.

Jiyoung still stood there, in a daze. He had never felt like this about a stranger before; about someone he barely met. He was pleasantly surprised. Her smile was just so, radiant. Shaking his head, he bent over to pick up his basket and noticed a small hair clip on the ground that hadn’t been there before.

He picked it up, realizing it must have been hers. It gave him new strength as he pocketed it with a smile and proceeded to hurry home, suddenly inspired to write a new song.


 

*Months later*

 

It was a normal fansign, fans pushing against the gates to see their beloved oppa, security guards posted everywhere, and shy smiles from those whose albums he signed. GD gave a normal smile and leaned back, enjoying his job as usual. One of a Kind posters were hung up behind him as he smoothed his hair back before more fans went up to greet him.

The marker flew across the albums effortlessly as he signed over and over. Sometimes a fan made him laugh, smiles were exchanged, and other times they were plain shy. It was typical of such an event.

He continued his smile before one girl left and another one approached. “Annyeonghaseyo,” a soft voice murmured and GD felt like he knew this voice. A reoccurring fan maybe? He looked up and saw a face that he felt like he’d seen before. His heart gave a big thump, and he instinctively reached for the hair clip that he carried around sometimes in his pocket.

“Aren’t you going to sign?” She asked, blushing.

Instead of replying to her question, he breathed, “I’ve seen you before. We’ve met.”

“Have we? This is my first time coming to your fansign event.” Confusion spread across her face.

GD set the small hair clip on the table. “Is this yours?”

She studied it for a moment, before her eyes widen and she picked it up. “Yes it is! My best friend gave it to me when we were little. I haven’t seen it since…” she trailed off and turned back to him. “You’re the one I ran into the grocery store that one day!”

“It seems I am,” he beamed.

“Omo, omo!” She gasped.

He broke his gaze to sign her CD, adding, ‘I don’t know if you felt what I did, even all those months ago, but I would like to get to know you better. Go to the grocery store tomorrow at 11 if you feel the same.’

He handed the CD back to her with a genuine smile. She thanked him while blushing before walking away.

“Wait a sec-I don’t know your name!” GD called after her.

She turned and suppressed a smile. “You’ll find out tomorrow.” A grin spread across GD’s face as he nodded, already looking forward to it.