Taeyang-Order up

Big Bang Scenarios

I believe this was an anon request, “Taeyang where the girl is waitress, he's trying to get her number and she is at first slightly cold and distant but he's being cute himself make her agree not only to give her number to him but also to go on the date...” I put some spin on this as well.

I went based on American wait-service (which I had a two day adventure doing...) so I apologize if Korea operates differently. It’s also been a while since I’ve checked on Big Bang, so I hope this is accurate and you guys enjoy.

-Admin Em.

Warnings: Seemingly greasy Seungri (I guess?), none really

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You haven't worked at the diner long, only a few weeks, but you've handled your share of fiascoes in that time. Fiascoes ranged from the cook starting a small aspect to customers that couldn't take the hint to dine-and-dashers. You sip your caffeinated beverage as you head in for a morning shift you agreed to cover for a friend even though you just worked the late shift. Still, it was more money and you couldn't ignore a friend in need.

You've only worked the morning shift twice but morning prep doesn't take long and customers slowly come in, trying to fuel themselves for the day ahead.You're still groggy with tiredness when your co-work Jisoo stops you. “See the two guys in booth 12?”


You carefully sneak a glance. One of them has their back to you so all you make out is dark hair. The one facing you also has dark hair, but you can see his young, confident face. “What about them?”

“The one facing us comes in here every so often. His name is Seunghyun and he can be pretty flirty once he’s gotten some food to wake himself up. It's usually standard lines that customers use. I think he’s flirted with most of the staff, and only had it work on three people. He’s charming and can be persistent so thought I would prepare you.”

You take another sip of your drink,  still trying to wake up as you take in what Jisoo told you. “And his friend?”

Jisoo shrugs, “I don't know. He’s had a few different people with him and I can't tell from here.”

With a small nod you head over to the table and smile. “Good morning, my name is ____________, and I’ll be taking care of you today. Can I start you off with something to drink?”

Seunghyun gives his choice of drink before the two of you look at his friend, who quickly looks over the drink menu before announcing he wants water. Seunghyun’s chuckle doesn't go unnoticed.

“Okay, would you like a minute with the menus or do you know what you want?”

“I think he's going to need a moment,” Seunghyun states as he looks at his friend before he flashes you a dashing smile. “I know what I’d like. But I’ll wait.”

“I’ll get your drinks and be back,” you say, ignoring what seemed to be the start of his flirting.

“Seungri, don't,” the friend hisses a warning that you barely catch as you walk away.

You grab the drinks and head back, vaguely catching Seunghyun/Seungri saying something ending with “Be a mam Taeyang-hyung!”

The two go silent as you set the drinks down. “Still need some time?” You ask, looking directly at Taeyang as you speak.

He gives a shy shake of the head so you pull out your pad to write. He seems nervous fumbling words now and then, which you guess is caused by the look his friend is giving you. Based on what Jisoo told you,  you assume Taeyang has dealt with Seungri’s flirting attempts far too often.

Seungri acts innocent as you take his order but the two men launch into another hushed conversation as you walk away. You grab a few plates from other tables as you head to the kitchen to punch in the order.

While the cook makes the food you go about your business, tending to other customers or cleaning up. The ding of the bell signals their food is ready and you're quick to collect. Both males smile as you set the plates down. “Anything else I can get for you?” you ask.

“No thank you,” Taeyang gives you a small smile before his attention returns to the meal.

“We’re set for now, sweetheart,” Seungri grins and you see Taeyang tense.

You force yourself not to roll your eyes as you smile. “I’ll check back in a bit. Enjoy.”

With that you're back to business again. You honestly hadn't realized you didn't check back until a soft voice calls out asking for a refill. “Sure, sorry about that,” you quickly tell Taeyang and get both men refills. “Anything else I can get you?  Desserts?” you ask, noting the almost empty plates.

“Not today, thank you. I’ll take the bill and my friend will take your phone number,” Seungri says.

You glance at Taeyang, who is looking down at the table. You sigh, “I’m flattered but I don't give my numbers to strangers especially when it almost seems like their friend is using them. So thank you for the interest, but no.” You pull the bill from your apron and set it on the table. “I’ll be back.”

You walk away before either of the two has the chance to speak. When you enter the kitchen you see Jisoo giving you a sympathetic look as she grabs one of her orders. At least your shift is almost over. Your body seems to ache and you just want to go home.

You collect yourself and grab the cash. “Would you like change back?”

“The money is your tip. But I would like you to change your mind.”

“No,” you say flatly. “Thanks for dining with us. Have a good day.”

This time you don't leave the kitchen until you see Seungri and Taeyang leaving. With the coast clear, you move to the table to clean up, only for someone to clear their throat behind you.

“Oh, did you forget something?” you ask, stepping away from the table so Taeyang can grab what he may have left.

“No, I, uh, want to apologize about that. Seungri can be...young and reckless. He is a sweet guy and means well-”

“Listen,” you cut him off only to stop since you aren't confident in the name you overheard. Nor did you want to seem as if you'd eavesdropped.

“Youngbae, but most people call me Taeyang,” he offers.

“Listen Taeyang, I’m not interested in your friend. You can talk him up all you want but it won’t change anything except my level of patience. Don't let him use you for stuff like this either, you seem a nice enough guy.”

Taeyang rubs the back of his neck as he shifts, “Well, the thing is he was only doing it since he knows I think you're attractive and he wanted me to speak up. He really was asking for your number for me since I was nervous. I just didn't want you to have the wrong idea.”

You feel your eyes widen. You'd misread the situation and now felt embarrassed. “Oh. Well, I'm afraid that doesn't change that I don't just give out my number.”

“I understand. I'm sorry to have bothered you. I hope you can have a good rest of your day.” And before you can say anything he leaves.

A feeling of guilt comes over you as you think of how rude you must have seemed. Still,  it had all been the truth. There was nothing to be done now as you finish the last bit of your shift and head home to rest.

 

It's two days later when you see Taeyang and Seungri again, though this time it's during one of your usual afternoon shifts. Business is slow and you're the only waitress, meaning the encounter is unavoidable. You take a deep breath before going to ask what the two would like to drink. “We’ll both start with water until our other friends get here,” Taeyang tells you with a smile that you return. You give a quick nod and go to grab a pitcher of water to be on the safe side since more people are coming. As you head back to the table you debate apologizing to Seungri for your behavior last time, but decide not to. You didn’t want to risk making things awkward. If he says something, you would say something.

It’s about ten minutes later when two other men walk in and join Taeyang and Seungri. Drinks are ordered and you give them time with their menus while you tend to the other customers. Soon after their order is placed and your worried feeling fades away.

Unfortunately a new worry arises moments after you give the four men their food. A large group of students enters the diner and you feel your heart skip a beat before you rush to the schedule. To your dismay the group is listed to be there, but evidently no other staff had been scheduled. You exchange looks with the cook, who looks equally as shocked and worried.

“We can do this.” The confidence you hoped to have wasn’t in your voice.

You head to the first table to hand out the menus and take drink orders. Your pace is quick, but still careful so you don’t spill anything on your way back. “Do you guys need anything?” you ask Taeyang’s table as you give the school group some time.

“No, we’re good. Do you need help?” he asks you sweetly.

“Uh, thank you, but I can’t allow you to do that. Enjoy your food, I’ll be back in a bit,” you say. As much as you wanted help, there was no way you would let a customer help you. It would be unprofessional, and if your boss ever found out you aren’t sure what would happen.

Getting the school group’s food orders proves a little more challenging, but you ignore the impatient huffs of teens and the teachers who keep checking their watches. You give the orders to the cook before taking Taeyang and Seungri’s table their bill. “I’ll be back in a bit,” you tell them before slipping into the kitchen to help cook some of the food.

You step away from that task for a moment to collect the bill and return any change. After that you dedicate yourself to cooking and taking food out as it becomes ready. If you waited until everything was done things would get cold. Still, people without food seem annoyed while others are understanding. A few students give you some encouragement and thank you for the service. Most say nothing.

When the last dish is out you nearly collapse, but you have to start clearing the empty plates. You begin to load up a cart of dirty dishes as quickly as you can only to pause when you see someone else adding to your stack. Taeyang gives you a shy smile, “Please just let me help you.”

You should say no, you should protest, but all you do is nod and continue with your work, occasionally handing out some bills and going to get change. Taeyang doesn’t let up either, even after the last plate is collected. He heads back into the kitchen and begins washing. You gather up the tips and dismiss the group, getting thanks from the teachers as they go. Only then do you head over to Taeyang, grabbing some of the tip. “Here, you earned at least a free meal.”

“Keep it,” he grins at you over his shoulder as he washes a plate.

“Well, I definitely can’t allow you back here in the kitchen...and it’s not right to send you away empty handed,” you sigh.

“Oh, I guess I did go a little too far. I hope this won’t cause you trouble,” he almost blushes as he dries his hands.

“I’m not about to tell,” the cook muses from the chair they’re resting in. You head over and give them some of your tip. They definitely earned a share as well. They give you their thanks before looking at Taeyang, “And thank you for helping ___________.”

“No problem,” Taeyang smiles. “I hope of you have a good rest of your day.” He leaves the kitchen and heads to the table where his friends are still waiting. You see them patting him on the back and he brushes their praise aside.

It’s as he starts to leave that something sparks in you. You quickly scribble your number down on a napkin and go after him. “Taeyang?”

“Yes?” He asks, signalling his friends to go on ahead.

“If you’re free Friday night, and you want, you could give me a call,” you tell him quickly holding out the napkin. ‘I’d really like to get to know you better.”

The cutest smile spreads across his face as he takes it from you. “I would like that. How does 6pm sound?”

“Great.”

“Perfect, I’ll text you details,” he promises. “Don’t work too hard.”

“I think I’m just going to sleep when my shift is done,” you admit with a laugh.

“Good plan. I’ll see you Friday,” he grins before leaving to meet his friends.

You smile to yourself as you go back to washing all the dishes. It doesn’t take yourself long for your shift to end. At that point, you finally see a text from an unknown number. “Hope your shift went well and that you get lots of rest :) -Taeyang

You smile to yourself as you text back, letting him know you’re headed home. You can already tell giving him your number was definitely a good choice.