Original Stage Names

Big Bang Scenarios

 

GD

“Diamond!? Why would have the band be named diamond!?” you exclaimed reading from the internet before looking over at your boyfriend who was sitting nearby, Jiyoung.

“Well it would’ve meant we were precious, shining diamonds. Like high quality and all that stuff,” he explained.

“Oh, I see. But it still sounds weird.” You crinkled your nose.

“I know. That’s why we didn’t go with it.” He tapped your nose.

You gave a smile and returned to the internet, but a few minutes later you turned back to him. “Hey what does BigBang stand for anyways? Why did you choose that? What other options were there?”

 He sighed and began to answers all of your questions again.

TOP

               “Mark!!! Oh my gosh!!” You laughed, falling back against your chair and laughing so hard tears were coming out. “Of all things, Mark!”

               “What’s going on?” Your charismatic boyfriend walked in.

You were still having trouble breathing, so the only word that came out was, “Mark.” However, that’s all he needed to understand what was going on.

“Don’t even talk about that!” he laughed. “Just never mention it again! It’s not my fault YG liked a guitarist named Mark...”

You went over and patted his back, still stifling laughter. “It honestly doesn’t suit you at all.”

“So I’ve been told. Luckily SE7EN hyung saved me from that one,” he chuckled.

Taeyang

While he was cooking dinner for the both of you and Boss, you came up and hugged Youngbae.

“Hey jughi,” he smiled. “What’s new?”

“I have a question for you.”

“Yes?”

“Why did you use Taekwon as a name when you were younger?”

“Oh that,” his enthusiasm deflated. “Honestly, I didn’t like that name. It stood for Taekwondo.”

“The martial art?”

“Yeah. I changed it to Taeyang, but YG didn’t like it.”

You pouted at the tone of his voice and rested your head against his back. “Gwenchanah oppa. I think Taeyang suits you. As long as you’re happy.”

He smiled again and turned to face you. “I’m happy because of you.” He gave you a quick kiss before returning to his cooking with one arm around you.

Daesung

“What the-” you reread the article again. “Oppa?” you called and in a minute, Daesung’s muscular frame appeared in the doorway.

“Yes jagiya?”

“Of all things under the sun, how does ‘big castle’ represent you as a possible stage name?”

He hung his head and blushed a little. “That was just a silly thing I came up with. It’s my supposed ‘fake stage name’.”

“But how does it represent you?” you cocked your head, still confused.

“See, Dae can mean loud, great...and big. Sung can mean voice, success...and castle. Understand now?”

Your mouth went into the ‘oh’ shape and then you smiled and nodded. “Yep, that answers my question.”

He turned to leave again before you said, “Oppa?”

“Yes jagiya.”

“I think you have a much louder voice than a big castle,” you laughed.

He chuckled. “Whatever you say jagi.”

Seungri

“How was practice today my troublesome maknae?” you asked as Seungri walked in the door.

“Okay,” he shrugged. “What did you do while I was gone?”

“Laundry mostly,” you replied. “But I also found out about this name, Sonic.”

“Oh that?” he laughed. “How did you find that?”

“An article was released of all the optional names for BigBang,” you responded.

“I see,” he grinned. “I think Sonic still would’ve been fitting for me though! Fast, speedy...”

“Yes, but I think you have enough stage names as it is,” you giggled. “Seungri, Seungska, VI, Victory, you get the point. It gets confusing sometimes!”

“I suppose you’re right,” he encircled his arms around you.

“I’m always right,” you scoffed.

He chuckled and kissed your forehead. “Just keep telling yourself that.”