Childhood Sweethearts

My Way to Love You

So, here is the sidestory that I was "writing" about~ Hehehe

I know, I know. It's late I'm sorry. TTnTT

I have my laptop at the computer shop because it has a virus so I'm having a hard time with just my phone. I hope you guys understand. 

Do tell if its boring, confusing or somehow annoying. ^u^

I'll just treat it as constructive criticism.

Though it will hurt~ Hihihi


 

Childhood Sweethearts

 

"Hyung!"

 

"Jonghyun-hyuuuunnnng!!!"

 

The said guy turned around and lo and behold, a panting Zelo. "Sigh, poor Zelo-yah. I can't belive that girl was his lost kind-hearted sister." Jonghyun gave him a look of pity and waited until he could even his breathing.

 

"Hyung..." he puffed, hands on his knees and sweat all over his face. He must have ran a mile or something.

 

"Zelo-yah. You okay?" Jonghyun grabbed his shoulders. "Dae hyung. Gomawo."

 

He gave Zelo a smile and simply patted his shoulder.

 

"So why were you running? Were you after me?"

 

"Dae..." he breathe out. "I want to talk to you." he looked straight at Jonghyun's eyes, that one can feel the seriousness in them.

 

"About what?"  The elder one shifted his weight, this is making him nervous somehow. Seeing Zelo being serious is a really big matter. He is their innocent dongsaeng after all.

 

"It's about my sister. Im Yoona-noona."

 

"Oh Crap."

 

"I don't know what happened between you but I hope you will accept my noona and forgive her for whatever she did wrong on you." he bowed.Wait! What?!

 

"Yah! Zelo! Stand straight babo! Don't think about it okay?"

 

"But hyung! She's my sister and you're my friend. Its my responsibility for the two of you to get along." he said with conviction.

 

"What?" He gave him an alien look. What he just said made him think critically, there was something more to what he just said. He knew there was!

 

"Don't assume so much hyung." he gave Jonghyun a blank look this time.

 

"M-mianhe.." he sweatdropped. Surely, he was thinking too much. "Sigh, It could happen you know. Zelo setting me up with his sister. No way! With her?! You gotta be kidding me."

 

"So, hyung?"

 

"Hn?" he meely nodded as they start to walk again.

 

"Will you accept my sister?" 

 

"You mean Im Yoona?"

 

"Dae! She's sweet and kind. She even found me!"

 

"You mean you found her because it seems that she doesn't want to see you."

 

"That hurts hyung. But I still think that she looked for me and that fate decided to let us meet again."

 

"Fine." he huffed. He can't win this argument against the God of Zeal, Zelo.

 

"So you'll accept her now?" he said, eyes glinting, expecting something like an approval from his hyung.

 

He grimaced first and finally noddeed as he sighed, "Yeah..."

 

"Yes! I knew you'll love her too!" that made me halt in my steps and stared at him in disbelief. "Love her?!"

 

"Yah! Zelo! Its not like that!"

 

"Oh, right." he scratched the back of his head. "But hyung! I know you'll like her!"

 

"I don't think so. We can be classmates, but friends? Nope."

 

"But hyung! Just classmates? I'd rather let you think you two can be friends rather lovers right?"

 

"Zelo! I told you I don't like her!"

 

"But she's my sister hyung. And you're my hyung! You have to get along!" he insisted.

 

"Jeez, fine." Jonhyun just sighed. Zelo really won't take no for an answer.

 

"Yes! I'll go tell noona ab - " Before Zelo could start running, Jonghyun grabbed his collar.

 

"Babo! Don't tell her that!"

 

"Why not hyung?"

 

"Just don't!"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I said so, and I'm youre hyung!"

 

"Fine. But can't I just tell her you two can be friends?"

 

Jonghyun laughed. He thinks its impossible.The two of them friends? He can smell disaster when she's around. The first time he saw her, she was the danger-type. Like a tornado disturbing his peaceful abode.

 

"You can say all you want but I think she'll just laugh at ya." he snickered.

 

"Okay!" and Zelo left a now confused Jonghyun.

 

"Weird... I'll never understand how he thinks." he muttered and walked away.

 

"Jonghyun!" he, again, turned around as he watched Yonghwa approached him.

 

"Hyung?" he arched a brow at how happy his hyung is.

 

"Jonghyun! Look what I found! It's cool right?" he showed him a silver necklace with a G-clef design. "I just found it yesterday."

 

Jonghyun simply whistled. "Who owns it hyung? You?" he snickered.

 

"Babo! Of course it's not mine! I dunno." he shrugged. "Oh wait!" he snapped his fingers as Jonghyun stared at him unblinking, completely bored with everything.

 

"This necklace was from those girls! Help me find them!" he grabbed both of Jonghyun's shoulders.

 

"Who?" Jonghyun frowned.

 

"Aish! I forgot I haven't seen their faces so I practically don't know them." He looked up and put a hand under his chin thinking real hard.

 

"Yeah? So - " Jonghyun started.

 

"That means it will be sooo hard to find them at this rate! The girl must be upset now." Yonghwa exclaimed.

 

"Uh?" he made a grim look.

 

"And! This necklace looks so expensive and antique! What if she got scolded! Or even worse! Locked up and - " 

 

"Hyung!"

 

"Ne?" Yonghwa stared at him wide-eye.

 

Jonghyun simply sighed. "What a choding."

 

"You shouldn't be so bothered about it hyung. Just give it the Student Coucil as a lost and found necklace and problem solved!"

 

"No!"

 

"Why not?"

 

"I found it so I have to be the one to give it back!"

 

"What a hassle hyung."

 

"Besides, I think I've seen this one before. It's like I bought it for someone special..." he trailed off as he stared at the necklace.

 

"There's still those missing pieces huh?" Jonghyun commented.

 

"Yeah..." he smiled bitterly.

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

"Mommy! Mommy! Look! There's a rainbow over those clouds!" A young Seohyun shouted to her mother who laughed gaily at her.

 

"Ne Joohyun-ah. It's beautiful, ne?"

 

"Ne! It's as beautiful as me!" she beamed, her crooked front teeth showing. "Right mommy?"

 

"That's right, baby. Why don't you play on the seasaw." she pointed the seasaw nearby where a young boy sitting all alone at the edge of the seasaw.

 

"Okay mommy!" She smiled her toothy grin and ran towards the seasaw. Her mother watched her as she stood and stared in front of the boy sitting all alone.

 

"Oh!: Seohyun gawked at the boy infront of her. He was looking down on his shoes.

 

"Um..." she started, he looked up.

 

And scowled.

 

"What do you want?" He asked in his raspy voice, as if he was crying for hours.

 

"C-can we play?" She fidgeted, hands playing with the hem of her skirt.

 

"Play?" He arched a brow. What made it rose more was the word "We?" he asked sniffing. He was a bullied child because he had no father and his only brother was sickly. He was always alone. But now...

 

"Un!" she nodded and then realized his eyes were all red.

 

"Were you crying?"

 

"No!" he shrieked. "Why would I?" he believed that, "Boys don't cry!"

 

"But - "

 

"If you want to play, you can play all you want. Here! Take it! It's yours!" He got off the seasaw and ran towards the slide.

 

"Wa-wait!" She called.

 

"What?" He turned to her, still frowning.

 

"Le-let's go play together!" She tried to smile at him, albeit it looked like a nervous one.

 

His eyes widened in disbelief and then they narrowed.

 

"Why would you want to play with me?"

 

"Because..." she said, voice filled with uncertainty. "Um, well..."

 

"You don't want to play with me." He stated, his voice void of any emotions. He turned around and walked away.

 

"Wait! I-I want to play with you!" She screamed. He stood still.

 

“Why?” his voice weren’t audible.

 

“I want to play with you be-because you were…lonely.”

 

He turned to her, eyes narrowed as he yelled.

 

“I’m not lonely!”

 

“B-but you weren’t smiling. Mom said people are happy when they smile or laugh and you’re not so…” she trailed off.

 

“That doesn’t mean that I’m lonely. I’m actually happy. See?” He tried to smile, but his eyes told otherwise. Plus, the frowning eyebrows made her laugh.

 

“You look funny!” She giggled. “I’m Seo Joohyun! Let’s be friends! Ne?”

 

He stared at her wide-eyed and blinked at her smile, like she was too bright for his eyes.

 

“You..you want to be friends? With me?” he said with squinting eyes, unable to tell if she’s faking it or not.

 

“Ne~” she step closer to him and held out her hand. “Let’s play!”

 

“Bu-but…”

 

“Let’s play together!” she smiled her sunshine smile.

 

He gaped at her. She was like his sunshine now, the one who chased away the rain.

 

He took her outstretched arm and smiled. Finally his eyes swarmed with warm emotions, his heart bursts with the excitement of youth.

 

“I’m Jung Yonghwa.”

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

"Mommy! Hurry~!"

 

"Alright, alright. Don't worry we're almost there Joohyun-ah." her mother laughed. Ever since Seohyun and Yonghwa's encounter, they started seeing each other at the park every afternoon to play.

 

"Aren't we excited today?" She only daughter.

 

"Yong said he's going to teach me how to ride a bike today!" she squealed.

 

"Really now?"

 

"Un! And he said he'll treat me ice cream if I have learned and win a race against him!"

 

Her mother laughed.

 

"Okay then. Just be careful okay? And if you still haven't leanred its okay. You'll just have to try and try again."

 

"Ne! That's what Daddy told me too!"

 

"Good. Oh! We're here."

 

"Hyun!"

 

"Yong~!"

 

"Hello Yonghwa!"

 

"Hello Mrs. Seo!"

 

"Take care of Seohyun, okay?"

 

"Ne!"

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

"Yong~ This is hard!"

 

"Just keep on pedaling and you'll be able to balance."

 

"O-okay."

 

"Trust me Hyun, okay? Just keep your eyes on what's in front of you. Control the wheel and I'll always be right here behind you."

 

"Y-yong?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"If I fall, will you catch me?"

 

"Of course I will!"

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise."

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

"It's alright. We can try again next time. You'll learn for sure!" He patted her back as she kept on crying.

 

"Sniff, sniff. B-but I want to learn now! Sniff, I want to. You said, hic, we'll have a race and, hic, if I win, hic, you'll get me ice cream!" She sobbed and he merely laughed.

 

"I didn't say that."

 

"But you said -"

 

"I said I'll treat you ice cream whether you lose or not."

 

"Eh? Really? But...Why?"

 

"Because you also taught me something."

 

"I did?"

 

"Yup."

 

"What did I taught you?"

 

He smiled.

 

"You taught me how to smile again."

 

* * * * * * * * *

 

"Yong~!"

 

"Hyun!"

 

"Happy birthday!" She gave him her gift.

 

"Wow! How'd you know I need this?"

 

On his hand, was a new set of guitar chords. And a blue guitar pick.

 

"You said you went to summer class so you can learn guitar right?" 

 

He nodded.

 

"And you said, your cousin's old guitar were rusty and dirty!"

 

He laughed.

 

"But I can't buy you a new one because they cost so much. All I can buy was this chord."

 

"Thanks Hyun."

 

He smiled and patted her head.

 

"No! You can't pat me on the head anymore!" She swatted his hand and pouted.

 

"Why not?" He frowned, confused.

 

"Because I'm not a little girl anymore! I'm ten!" she said, chin up nodding to herself.

 

"I'm twelve and I'm older so I can pat you on the head whenever I want to." He grinned boyishly at her.

 

"You're mean Yong." She frowned.

 

"And you love me." He snickered.

 

"Yup! I love Yong because he can sing so well! And he plays guitar the best too!" She giggled. He blushed. 

 

"I-I meant..." he stammered.

 

"Hm?" She stared at him with big brown eyes, innocent eyes.

 

"...Nothing." He looked away.

 

"You're so mysterious Yong."

 

"I'm mysterious?"

 

"Uh-huh! Whenever I tell you I love you, you always look away and then blush. Could it be..." she trailed off, it made him nervous thinking that,

 

"Does she knows? Had she found out? Oh no!" He thought gulping.

 

She gasped, eyes wide and he reflected her actions. 

 

"She gets it now!" He said to himself thinking that she'll get disgusted of him, they are after all friends. 

 

"Ne, Yong?" She fidgeted as she stared down on the somehow interesting ground.

 

"N-Ne?"

 

"Please don't hate me Hyun. Please don't." He murmured. 

 

"Could it be that Yong is..."

 

"Please Hyun!" He mentally plead.

 

"...Allergic to I love you's?"

 

"What?"

 

"You turn red and quickly look away whenever I tell you I love you, like what allergies do! And you have to look away cause it will make it even worse like what most people with allergies do! They have to look away or avoid the cause of their rashes and aches. Like what you always do Yong!"

 

He gaped at her. "Always the innocent Hyun." He muttered as she shook his head smiling to himself.

 

"What?" She tilted her head and stared at him.

 

"Nothing." He smiled sheepishly as he patted her head again.

 

"Hey! No patting!" She pouted. He laughed at her distress, his laughters made her laugh along w

with him. Their laughters echoed throughout the whole park.

 

"Happy 12th birthday Yong~" She beamed at him, like the sunshine she always was.

 

"Advanced Happy 10th birthday Hyun." He smiled his boyish grin as he stared at the girl who changed his everything. 

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

"Eomma! I'm home!" Yonghwa trotted towards their kitchen as he entered their cozy home.

 

"Eomma?" He bellowed again, confused as no one was around. 

 

"Maybe Daehyun's sick again."

 

Jung Daehyun is Yonghwa's little brother who was four years younger than him. He was a sickly child, too frail to go out ang have fun with his hyung. Yonghwa would always play with him at least every day. Yonghwa climbed up the stairs to his brother's room, but then again, no one was there.

 

"Daehyun? Eomma?!" Fear crept up his heart as he ran and checked every room for his brother and mother. 

 

Ring. Ring.

 

Running towards the Living room, he picked up the phone.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Yonghwa?! Oh my God! Are you alright, baby? I'm sorry we forgot to tell you. We're at the hospital now. Daehyun had his seizures and I had to bring him here." It was his mother's worried voice who greeted him.

 

"I'm fine Eomma. Which hospital are you? I'll - " he was cutted off by another voice.

 

"Wait! No! You can't do that! Let go! No!" He heard his mother screeched at someone.

 

"But it's the only way possible. We have to!" A man's voice was heard, booming but filled with worry. It reminded him of someone he once called a Hero.

 

"No! I won't let you take him away from us!" His mother yelled angrily at the man, their bickering was heard fully well by Yonghwa.

 

"Eomma?" He spoke.

 

"Hello? Yonghwa!" she cleared before she uttered the words he had been waiting for. "Your father's here."

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Sniff. Sniff.

 

"Stop crying Hyun. Everything will be alright."

 

"Bu-but you're leaving...a-and you're going to a very very far place!"

 

"I know. But you won't forget me right? Besides, I'll be back for you. I'm not really leaving you."

 

"It's unfair! Why can't you just stay here Yong?"

 

"I'm sorry Hyun but I can't. My brother needs me. My father came back for us and he said that we have to bring Daehyun to the states for fast recovery. He's getting worse day by day."

 

"But why the states? We have lots of great doctors here right?"

 

"Ne. But Appa's job is in the states. He's an Engineer and his job needs him to be there. And since Eomma won't let Appa bring Daehyun without her and I can't live alone here, the whole family will have to migrate to the states until Daehyun recovers."

 

"But you can live with us instead! "

 

"But I have a family Hyun."

 

"I know...but..."

 

"Don't worry. I promise I'll be back."

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise."

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Seohyun's POV

 

You promised. But why? After all these years I've been waiting for so long, why can't you remember me?

Why can't you remember even my name Yong? Where id all those memories of us go? What happened to you?

I'm stupidly wiping my tears as I mindlessly roamed the school garden. The Yonghwa I remembered and loved was nowhere to be found. He was somebody else I knew. But he is still my only Yong.

 

"Oppa!" I heard a girl's voice sceam nearby. She was petite but cute, innocent and yet holds a rebellious aura. I saw her approach and hug a guy from behind who was sitting an a bench. I can hear them laugh and giggle.

 

Just like Yong and I.

 

"Ah! Juniel-ah, look at what you've done! You gotta pay me for spilling my drink." his voice...

 

"Aniyo Oppa! I don't have money! At leastyou didn't wet your pants!" the girl, Juniel, laughed.

 

"Aish!" that guy with the familiar voice stood up...and my eyes widened.

 

"Come here you!" he grabbed the girl and playfully ruffled her head.

 

Just like Yong and I!

 

They laughed and laughed. They don't know me. They can't see me.

He can't remember me...

 

My vision blurred and I ran to God knows where.

All I know, is that I'm hurting in here, in my heart.

 

Yong, why?

You promised me.

.

.

.


I don't want to make you guys hanging on the previous chapter so even if it's not really finish, I have to update hihihi. I'm just excited!

REMEMBER: This is only Part 1