New Dorm

My Way to Love You

 

                    In a small dorm-like house, nine beautiful girls lived. All of them were both talented in singing and dancing. They were not related, but they treated each other as sisters. Not all the girls own the house; it was Jessica who owns it. Since Jessica’s parents were working in abroad, they left her a small house with three cozy rooms. Soon, her friends Tiffany and Sunny also joined her; their own parents were in abroad too. Their classmates, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were sisters whom their parents both abandoned in an orphanage. Their friends in the Dance Troupe, Sooyoung and Yuri shared a very sad past. Sooyoung’s parents died when she was five and she too was an orphan. Yuri was an adopted child. She ran away from home since she found out the truth from her foster parents. Yoona is her cousin, well supposed to be. She got a fight with her widowed mother and also ran away. Seohyun is the only lucky girl in the group. Her parents let her live in the small dorm-like house, so she can be independent and stand on her own.

                     As the girls lived on their own, they all agreed to take the same high school. Hallyu Academy was one prestigious school. It was high-class and unsurprisingly expensive. It was a good thing the girls were great dancers and singers, thus earning a scholarship. But still, the school prefers them to live in the dorms of the academy to maintain their skills and talents, earning a sad farewell to their beloved home.

"I don’t want to go yet!" Yoona whined and pouted as she folded her arms.

"Yah! Yoona! Stop sulking and help me carry these bags!" Taeyeon, the eldest, appeared from the stairs of their now empty house.

"But Unnie~ Do we have to go now? Can't we leave tomorrow? Please~" Yoona pleaded, showing her the cutest aegyo she could ever muster.

"Yoona-unnie, tomorrow's the first day of school!" Seohyun, the youngest one told Yoona, she too was bringing a huge luggage down the stairs.

"What?! Tomorrow's the first day?!" Yoona shrieked shock evident on her porcelain face.

“Have you ever seen a calendar before?” Jessica said with a sneer. The other girls giggled.

“Yah! Sica-unnie! Of course I’ve seen one!” she retorted pouting. “But that means summer’s over too?!” 

“Dae, Unnie.” Seohyun replied and Yoona once again sulked.

“Yoona, just help us already. The van we rented will arrive soon.” Sunny approached her helped her stand up, pushing her unwilling body back to her room.

Beep! Beep!

“The van’s here guys!” Tiffany yelled back at the girls. She was the first one to get all her things out and was waiting patiently outside.

“Coming! Hurry up Yoona! We’ll leave you behind in 5 minutes!” Sooyoung yelled from Tiffany to Yoona as she carried her last luggage outside.

“W-wait up guys! Don’t leave me behind!” she hastily picks up her two luggage and ran after her sisters.


                      The ride to their new school was tiring to all of them, not to mention crowded and noisy. Most of them were asleep, while Jessica was calling her parents and Seohyun wearing earphones as she watched the sceneries. Taeyeon took stolen shots of her sisters, some drooling, others’ mouth hanging open. Yoona kept on sulking as Hyoyeon was chatting with Sunny about random things.

Their seat plan was: Jessica, Taeyeon, Yuri were in the front row, while Hyoyeon, Sunny and Tiffany were on the middle row, and Seohyun, Yoona, and Sooyoung were in the back seats.

“We’re here!” Taeyeon announced as the van entered a golden gate and into a palace-like building.

“Wow!” Yuri and Sooyoung, who just woke up, marveled at the new and beautiful environment they are in.

“Yah! Keep your heads inside! Others might think you guys are mentally-retarded!” Jessica warned them. The two girls pouted and closed the window.

“Ne, Unnie?” Seohyun asked Yoona, who was now astonished at the sight, forgetting her previous dilemma.

“Isn’t this place beautiful?!” Yoona sighed.

“Dae Unnie!” Seohyun smiled “But unnie, will you be okay here? “ Yoona gave her a confused look. Seohyun sighed; she took the older girl’s hand and squeezed it.

“Isn’t this…your younger brother’s school? What if he finds you? Didn’t you say you don’t want to see them? Ever again?” Seohyun whispered, trying not to anger or make Yoona emotional.

“Dae…” Yoona replied, a small smile on her face, her eyes glistening with unshed tears as she said. “I don’t have a family anymore. You guys are my family now.” She squeezed back Seohyun’s hand.

“Unnie..” Seohyun whispered, unable to utter any more comforting words.

“We’re here girls. We should get to our dorms fast so we can take a stroll.” Taeyeon opened the van and went out taking in some fresh air.

“Even the air here is just so…majestic!” Yuri said.

“Look! They even had their own water fountain!” Sunny pointed a finger to the center of the garden where a boy was seen holding a map. He was tall and lean. He seems to be lost.

“Yah! Don’t do that! What if he saw you! He might misunderstand something!” Yuri swatted Sunny’s arm.

“Well It’s not him I was talking about!” Sunny pouted.

“What are you guys arguing about?” a half-asleep Tiffany yawned. Both girls pointed a finger to the boy near the fountain. And as if on cue, the guy looked up at them. Both girls turned red and turned away.

“Y-yah! Where are you two going?” Tiffany followed them, confused of their sudden embarrassment.

“Um, excuse me?” the tall guy approached her.

“Huh? Ah, sorry about that.” She giggled nervously.

“Ah, it’s okay. I’m known for being tall that people are so intrigued about me.” He chuckled.

“A-ah…hahaha” Tiffany gave out an awkward laugh, stuck in the situation. She turned around for help but all her sisters were already going inside the main entrance of the lobby.

“Um, miss? Can I ask you If you know who this is?” the guy showed her a picture of a young girl, dressed in a very cute pink frilly gown. She was of pure royalty.

“Whoa…” Tiffany gasped, she was familiar to her and yet so unrecognizable.

“She’s my elder sister. She ran away from home when she was 13. This is her photo when she was 11. I wonder if you’ve seen her?”

“Your sister’s really pretty, but I don’t think I’ve seen her before. But she’s really familiar looking to me…” she raked her brain, the girl is so familiar. Maybe she should ask her sisters.

“Really? Then, can we exchange numbers? Maybe you could remember her.” He said full of hope in his voice.

“Oh, ah – sure.” She smiled sincerely. She too hoped he could finally find his long lost sister. He took out his phone and she did the same.

“By the way, I’m Tiffany Hwang.” They shook hands.

“And I’m Lee – “ “Yah! Tiffany! Where are you?!” Taeyeon screamed out so loud.

“Uh-oh! Gotta go. I’ll call you later, ok?” she hurried to her elder sister.

“Bye!” the tall guy waved back at her.

“Bye!”


“So here are your dorm keys.” The old lady with thick round rimmed glasses handed the girls with three keys. “Remember to keep those safe and don’t lose ‘em okay?”

“Dae!” they all said in unison.

“Finally! Our new rooms!” Sooyoung squealed, and the rest nodded in agreement.

“Oh, I forgot. No boys allowed in your dorms and more importantly, don’t go to the boys’ dorms.” She pointed a finger to the blue painted building. It was huge with three floors and you could hear loud noises from each room.

“The boys here must be so rowdy.” Yoona whispered to Seohyun.

“I hope they’re not that bad.” Seohyun whispered back.

“Come, I’ll show you to your dorm house.” The old lady led them to a pretty pink building on the left side of the main building. Clearly, the main building is the one dividing the two dorm houses of both boys and girls.

“This here is the lobby where you can leave your keys especially during summer and holidays. Your rooms are on the second floor. Any questions?” she turned to them.

“Um, is there a library here?” Seohyun asked. “Of course she would ask that question.” Yoona thought.

“Ah, I see we have a good girl here. Yes there is, but it’s not that big though. But you can use it anytime you want. We also have a music room and dance halls for you to practice your skills and talents. It’s all here in the ground floor.”

“Thanks Ms…?”

“Ah, call me Mrs. Kim.”

“Thank you very much Mrs. Kim.” they all bowed.

“C’mon, let’s go to our rooms! I’m soooo tired!” Sunny whined.

“Yeah, I want to stroll around the school later!” Jessica agreed.

“Alright, okay, fine! We’ll be going now Mrs. Kim.” They all bowed and headed up stairs.

“Oh, girls!” she called and they all turned their heads towards her. “Don’t go to the rooftop okay.”

“Oh, okay. But why?” Tiffany asked.

“Well, uh – It’s under construction. We’re going to add a volleyball court there for the girls to play. The boys’ dorm had their own basketball court on their rooftop so well add a volleyball court for the girls as well.”

“Yay! A volleyball court!” Hyoyeon squealed. “I love volleyball!”

“Thanks for the reminder Mrs. Kim.” Sooyoung thanked her.

“You’re welcome.” She smiled tenderly

“Now I hope if you could really keep away from the rooftop.” She whispered to herself.


A/N: Is it just me, or…this story is boring? Hahaha! I’m even bored myself. So how was it? Tell me, jebal~ I wanna know what you guys think.

Now I got questions for you and for me! 

1.) Who is that Mr. Lee Tiffany was talking with?

2.) What’s the mystery behind the truth of ‘keep-out-of-the-rooftop’ warning?

3.) When will the other characters show?

Let’s just wait for the next chapter. I hope this won’t bore you too much. Thanks for those who subscribed by the way! And for bigirlscry, the first one to comment on my first story! Thanks for giving your time to read this. I appreciate it so much!

Tell me if the girls are too OOC, especially Yoona...I'm not a fan of SNSD just CNBLUE. That's why I don't know their main personalities, hehehe. Please leave a review! Thanks!