Four

Truth

Author's Note: I decided to have a color scheme, so you won't be confused on who's talking or who's point view your reading already.

Teal - Narrator

Pink - Dara

Brown - Ji Yong

Navy Blue - Seunghyun

Purple - Min Jung

I hope it helps you understand  the story. =)

 

There’s only one month left before Min Jung’s Birthday. All of them are busy talking to the Event Organizer, Catering, Bakery, Flower Shop, band, and to allthe invited guest. Min Jung was the most busy, her mother Dara, pressures her so much because of this event “Ma! I know what I’m going to do, I’m not a Kid anymore” she stomp her feet as she walk away, Dara sigh and left the room as she massages her forehead. Seunghyun arrived 3 weeks ago, as he comes back from the business trip he immediately help Dara top prepare for Min Jung’s Birthday.

And there was a time that Seunghyun couldn’t handle it already, everything was so unclear, Dara and him got some serious argument that they didn’t talk for almost a week.

[Flasback]

“I really don’t understand why do we have to do this for Min Jung! We should just celebrate Min Jung;s coming of age instead” Seunghyun frustratedly talks to Dara, “Ya! Have you already forgotten that I’m a Filipina too?” Dara said, “Do I have to explain everything again Mister Choi Seunghyun?!” she continued, Seungyun looked at her with disbelief, “Yes, I know you are a Filipina too, but in Min Jung’s blood, she is already purely Korean” Seunghyun blurted out “And remember that you are a Half Filipina Half Korean, Miss Choi Dara!” he continued, Dara sighed so heavily, she looked away, “Technically you are right, but we still have the blood of being a Filipino, and I didn’t have the chance to have this kind of celebration when I turned eighteen, so I’m just want Min Jung this experience this kind of Filipino tradition, and I just want her to remember that we still have the blood of being a Filipina” her voice trailed off but she still continue talking “It’s okay for you not to help the preparation and just do your work as a business man, I just ask Ji Yong to help me” she left as she slam the door.

[End of the Flasback]

It was a threat to Seunghyun, he knew that it is possible that Dara’s feelings for Ji Yong comes back.

After almost one week of not talking to each other, Seunghyun gave up, he couldn’t handle it anymore he loves Dara so much.

--

It was already nine in the evening, Dara is almost done talking to the person involve to the event, “Okay, Yes, but it would it be more organized if you contacted the catering, bakery, and the others, also? Uhmmmm right…. Then I’ll talk to you later again” she heaved a sigh, caress her forehead “this would do, everything will be easy for Min Jung to handle” she stood up and walks towards the door, but before she could reach the door, she collapsed.

--

“Maybe this would do right?” he asked himself, holding a bouquet of flowers, thinking if Dara could forgive him already, he loves her so much, he wants to live with her forever, but he know that this fairy tale won’t last forever, he knew that Ji Yong is still the one for Dara, pain, but he still can bear with it. He could act like a martyr for his love to Dara for a mean time.

He already reaches home as he noticed the lights are still on, “We have a visitor?” he asked himself. He get out of the car and reaches the bouquet of flower. As soon as he enters the house, all the maid were running like mad, “Hey!” no one noticed her presence, then again “Ya!” he shouts, then they all stopped running and noticed him “Welcome Home Seunghyun-ssi” they all bowed down, he wonders more on what is going on “Why are you all running? Is there something wrong happened in the house? Did we get robbed? Why didn’t you called a police?” he said with one breathing, he looked at the maid intensely and the maid were afraid but managed to say something “Seunghyun-ssi, Dara-ssi collapse an—“as soon as he heard it he runs towards their room.

--

“Don’t worry mister Choi, your wife is fine now” the doctor assures him. He’s holding her hand like he wouldn’t let it go, then he ask “What is the reason why Dara collapsed?” the doctor fix his things before he answers him, “It’s because of stress, over-worked and over-thinking, this may cause vertigo also, Mister Choi, so let Dara rest for a week starting tomorrow”

--

We shouldn't had the fight, because me Dara got sick, I look at her, mesmerized by her beauty, “You are my most valuable treasure, Dara, please don’t leave me” I suddenly said it and remember what just happened way back before, “I know that you still love Ji yong, but I can’t let myself to give you to him, please wait ‘till I’m ready, I want you to be happy” it is sure that it’s hard for me to let he go, I love Dara so much. I kiss her forehead, squeeze her hands, then I look at her angelic sleeping face, then I slowly fell asleep.

--

Tears started to flow, I heard him, I’m hurting him so bad, I have no idea  that he’s been holding back for my own sake, I slowly open my eyes and look at him, I caress his face, “I love you Seunghyun, don’t worry, I’ll keep our vows to each other.’ I don’t want to ruin our family just because of the issues; I don’t want to admit anything with regards to Ji Yong. My tears still flows, I’m hurt too, I don’t want to see Seunghyun hurting, I hurt him a lot since the day we confessed everything to him, I already learnt to love Seunghyun with all my heart.

I noticed that Seunghyun is not comfortable on his sleeping position, “Jagiya” I soflty wake him up, “hmmmm…” he slowly open his eyes and look at me, “Is there something wrong? Do you need something?” he suddenly stand up, worrying about me, I smiled “I just need you to sleep here beside me, that’s all I need.”

--

“I just need you to sleep here beside me, that’s all I need” Dara said, Seunghyun look at her, he leans towards her and gave her a passionate kiss. The kiss lasted a minute, he cupped her face “I’m sorry” he said with his husky voice, Dara smiled, she hugged him “I love you Seunghyun” her voice trailed off, she wanted to cry, she felt so much love from him, “I love you too Dara”

It was a night to remember, they forgive each other, they make love like there’s no one can stop them, they’re showering their love to each other, taking care of and holding each other “I love you so much Dara” he said as he do his thing, “I-I kn-ow, Seunghyun-ah, and I l-love you so mu-ch. Seunghyun, do-n’t ev-er let me go…”

--

I slowly open my eyes, the sun shines through my windows, then I heard a knock on my door, I look at my door and wonder who is it, “Ji Yong-ssi, breakfast is already ready, Dami-ssi is also waiting for you” the maid informed me, Dami noona? What does she wants now? “I’ll be there in a minute” I shouted back, she could have hired someone to stalk me or an investigator; she’s already getting in my nerves now.

“Goodmorning Ji Yong!” Dami noona greets me with an annoying smiled plastered on her face, I scoff as I sit on my chair “What do you want now?” I coldly ask Dami noona pouts and acts like a kid “How cold my brother is, eh? Anyway, how’s the talk with your DAUGTHER?” she said as she emphasized the word “DAUGHTER”. I looked at her, thinking how on earth she knew about it, “are you stalking me? Or maybe you already hired an investigator?” I said, she chuckles “As I thought, you’re such a clever woman, I wonder what is the reason for you to do that? Let me say this noona.”

I look at her intensely, she flinched as she noticed my death glare, “Even though you are my sister, I can’t let you interfere with my personal issues, I know that you are that eager to change Choi Min Jung to Kwon Min Jung, it’s not me who will decided to change it but it’s Min Jung, so stop on what you’re planning or you’ll get it from your little brother”

--

“Goodmorning” she said, as she sits on the chair to have her breakfast, “Where’s mom and dad? And also Min Hwan?” she asked “They’re still at their room Min Jung-ssi, and Min Hwan is already getting ready for school” the maid informed her, she sigh, “I need to talk to them, can you get them now?” Min Jung ordered it.

It bothers her a lot since he got a talk to her uncle Ji Yong, ‘I need to know something from them, it’s like they’ve been hiding it from me for a long time’ she thought. “Where are they?” she asked as she noticed that the maid comes down from the stairs, “They’re be—“ “Goodmorning Min Jung” Dara greeted her, both of them goes down hand in hand, they acts so lovey-dovey, Min Jung raised an eyebrow, and by looking at them, it seems that she got pissed. “Stop it already, Mom and Dad” she said as she sip a cup of hot chocolate, both Dara and Seunghyun looked at each other and wonders what’s with Min Jung attitude now.

“Say mom, I noticed that, and also been wondering, why uncle Ji Yong spoils me that too much?” it startled them, Dara look at Seunghyun, “wh-what do y-you mean by that? You could just have stop your uncle Ji Yong if you think that he’s spoiling you too much, right Seunghyun?” she look at him, back to Min Jung, “don’t you like it?” Dara asked.

They were all sitting in the dining area, waiting for Min Jung to answer it, or even say something, Dara and Seunghyun started to get nervous, it surprised them, it was something that they didn’t expect Min Jung to ask, then they heard her sigh; they look at Min Jung, “What’s the matter baby?” Seunghyun comforted her already; Min Jung just made another sigh, which made Dara worry already.

--

I close my eyes, while my parents are here waiting for me to answer it or say something “Is there something wrong, Min Jung?” My mom asked, I slowly open my eyes and again I heaved a sigh, “Honey, we can’t do anything if you don’t say it, we can’t say something, if you don’t answer or something, if it’s about your birthday, it’s already almost down, you can just talk to the event organ—“ I cut her saying “I talked to Uncle Ji Yong” finally, I said it to them, I looked at them, then it made me more curious, by just looking at their priceless expression, then Dad asked me “Talked about what?” I took another sip before I answer him, these conversation with my parents is getting more intense, “Nothing particular dad, but it made me more so curious about something” I said to them, “I wonder why, uncle Ji yong…” then I saw Mom’s reaction, it’s like someone is stabbing her, she is nervous on something, it’s like she don’t want to hear it as possible, it’ll hurt my mom, but I need to say it. “What is it Min jung?” my dad said.

I looked at them and heaved another sigh, “why uncle ji yong, spoils me like a father?”