TWO

Truth

Another day has come; Min Jung woke up and looks for the things that Ji Yong had given to her last night. As she opens the bag “Wow!” she didn’t expect that Ji Yong will give her lots of things and most of it we’re the things that she really want.

“Omo! How could Uncle Ji Yong know that I like these things?” she said while taking it off to th packages. Those things are accessories for her Ipod and Dr. Dre beat box the limited edition. She really can’t believe it but she wonders why Ji Yong knows and gave those things to her.

“Min Jung! Wake up! Be ready for your school now!” her mother shouted. “I’ll be right there in a minute!” she shouted back. “And breakfast is already ready!” then she heard tummy cries “I really should ready myself before bad things will happen!” she said.

“Min hwan, do you see the gifts?” Seunghyun asked, “Ne! but daddy it’s not my birthday, so why did you give those gifts?” he asked “N-no son, I didn’t bought it, your uncle Ji Yong gave it!” he said, “Uncle Ji Yong? Who’s that?” he asked. Then he remembered ‘oh yeah! He never met Ji Yong’ “Well he’s a very special friend of us” he said.

“Goodmorning Dad! Good Morning little cute brother!” Min Jung greeted them and sits “Wow! Yummy!” she said “Noona! Did you also receive any gifts from uncle Ji Yong?” Min Hwan asked, at that time Seunghyun stopped on reading and anticipatd Min Jung’s answer. “Your noona got lots of things than you do” she happily said. Min Hwan pouted and looked at his father “Daddy! That’s so unfair! Why does noona got more gifts than I do?” as soon as he complains to his father, Min Jung can’t stop laughing at him and Dara appeared.

“Goodmonring Mommy!” Min Jung greeted her mother as she sits. “You seemed so happy, honey? Wae?” Dara asked, “Nothing mom! I’m always happy!” she answered. Dara looked at Seunghyun and “Omo! Min Jung have a boyfriend now dear?!” she jokingly said “How could that happened? I didn’t see any glimpse of the guy on this house!” dramatically said “Mommy!” Min Jung pouts. “I’m just joking dear! Anyway, let’s eat!”

-

“Ji Yong-ssi!” an old woman wakes him up. Ji Yong opens his eyes and yawn “When did you got here? I thought you we’re at the Paris with your parents?” she asked “Ahjumma, how have you been? It’s been awhile eh?” he ignored her question, Ji Yong stand and walk towards, ‘Aish! Still the same’ the old woman thought “Ji Yong-ssi, breakfast is ready” she said “Ne! Komawo!”

Ji Yong took a shower and fix himself. “Ahjumma! Do I have some clothes here?” he shouted, then the door suddenly opens “YA! KWON JI YONG!”

-

“Noona! Who is uncle Ji Yong?” Min Hwan asked, as a kid, he is curious about his Uncle Ji Yong. Min Jung smiled at him “I think uncle Ji Yong is a special friend of Mommy and Daddy” she answered. He nods “Well you see Mommy have told me that me and Uncle Ji Yong we’re really close when I was in your age!” she continued. The bell rang ‘Kaja? I’ll walk you to your room” she said. Min hwan holds his noona’s hand.

-

“Ya!” A lady goes closer and spanked him, “Ya! Dami noona! I’m not a kid!” he scratch his head. “When did you get here?!” he asked “Just awhile ago, wae?” she answered and sat down to the sofa. “And may ask you why are you here?” she asked “well you see…” but she cut him off “You’re not gonna tell her right? Ottoke! Ya! Pabo!” she immediately said.

-

“Honey…” he calls her, “Hmmm…” Seunghyun looked at her and smile ‘You really don’t have to keep it!’ he thought “Ne? Honey?” she asked wonderingly. “N-nothing” “oh… honey we should plan for Min Jung’s birthday now, mianhae, it’s just that it’s a tradition for the Filipinos” she said “Ne, ne it’s okay honey!”

 

It will be 2 months before Min Jung’s birthday, Dara and Seunghyun will start planning things out, the place, the theme, the visitprs and Min Jung’s dress and cakes, but “Oh by the way honey… I’ll be on Europe for 3 weeks starting next week” Seunghyun informed her. Dara widens her eyes and she is in the the state of shock, “don’’t worry I’ll be back, Abeoji ordered me to go  with him and it is really important for us” Dara just nods and keeps her face to Seunghyun.

-

“Min Jung your birthday is approaching, what are you gonna do?” Ji Hyun asked “I really don’t know” she answered while eating her lunch. “Eh? That’s new… you we’re always ready when your birthday is near, you we’re always throwing a party” Ji Hye said “You see, my mommy wants to have this grand party for me, A Filipino thing where a girl reaches her 18th birthday” she said, “Oh yeah, I remember that your mommy is a half korean half Filipino” Ji Hyun said, “It’s a debut! I know that!” Ji Hye excitedly shouts.

-

“Ya! Noona, don’t do that!” he said “Ya! Kwon Ji Yong! Are you out of you mind?” she hissed “Don’t ever think about it! You know what I’m trying to say!” she continues, then she walks back and forth. “I’m not gonna do that” he fixed himself “Ya! Noona! Will you get out of the room?” he said “wae?” she looks at Ji Yong and Ji Yong gestures that he’s trying to fix himself. After 5 minutes, Ji Ying get out and goes directly to the dining area. “Are you a girl?” for goodness sake Ji Yong! Move fast!” his noona said.

-

Oh great, How am I gonna plan this party for Min Jung? Why did he have to go with Abeoji? Business world is sure to be busy eh? I can’t believe it! The young and bully Choi Seunghyun that I know is a business man and my husband. I shook my head and buried my face to my palm. “Mommy?” a little boy’s voice I hear, then I saw my Min Hwan standing in front of me “Kwenchana?” he asked, I smiled “ne..” I answered.

I’m fixing my things for my business trip with abeoji when I heard a knock on the door, “Come in!” I said, then the door opened “Dad?” I turn around and see Min Jung still wearing her uniform, “Wae?” I asked her “We’re you and mom fight on something?” she asked, as she sits on the edge of the bed, “Ani, why you ask?” I said as I stopped and look at her “Are you sure?” she asked “Yes! I love your mommy why would I fight with her?” I said. She crossed her arms, and looked at me, “Why are you packing your things? And why mom looks miserable?” “Pardon?” she just hissed and got out of the room and I just followed her.

I can’t believe this, he’s denying it! “Mommy?” I looked for her “Min Jung” then I heard his voice calling me, but I ignored him then after a minute I saw mommy lying down on the lounge at the garden. “Mommy?” I call her, she looked at me and smiled “eh?” I feel like nothing just happened “Oh Seunghyun, you done packing?” she asked dad, “Unfortunately not yet, your daughter here we’re mad at me and told me that you looked miserable that I got worried” Dad said, “Oh! That… I was thinking how I will plan on her birthday but I’m okay now!” she said , “I’m packing for a business trip, hon, so don’t worry” he pats my head “I have to continue packing and I will join you there!” and he left.

“MIN HWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!”