ONE

Truth

It’s a sunny day when he came back , after 10 years of living in the other country, he is already old but h is still strong, “it’s good to be back!” he stretches his arms after he got out of his car. “Welcome back, Ji Yong-ssi!” all the maids we’re at the front of their mansion welcoming him back.

“Please put my things in my room, I will just go to a important friend of mine” he ordered, all the maids obeyed it, “Oh!” all the maids stopped and looked at him “Except for those bags!” he continued the maids holding the bags and returned it back to the his car again, ‘ that’s for them!’ he thought.

“I wonder if they still can remember me. After all I went to the other country to let them love a perfect life without me.” He thinks, it was for their sake that reason why he left the country, and working on their company in the other country. As soon as he arrives at the Choi’s, he felt awkward but he just set aside it.

“Please get it!” Seunghyun ordered, the maid obeyed and opened the door. “Who is it?” he shouted “Seunghyun-ssi, its Ji Yong-ssi” as soon as he heard his name, he stood up and greeted him. “Bro!” he said “It’s been a long time!?” he continued

Yes, it’s been a long time since they see each other and it was a loving surprise for Seunghyun to see Ji Yong again. “Come in! Well, I really didn’t expect that you are coming! Our house is a little bit a mess.” Seunghyun saw the baggages “and you got lots of things there!” pointing at the baggages. “As soon as I got on my house I immediately drop off my things and go straight here, it’s my gift for you guys!” he said. Seunghyun got stunned on what he said ‘He went here immediately just to gave those gifts?’ he thought

“Is Dara there?” he asked “Don’t get me wrong bro” he continued “s-she’s at our room, you want me to get her?” he said “Well, yeah, as well as Min Jung!” he request. Seunghyun nods and gets Dara and Min Jung.

“Ji Yong is here!” as soon as he entered the room, Dara didn’t believe him, “he can’t be here, honey!” she said “Go down and see it for yourself” and he got out of the room ‘I hope Min Jung is not here’ he wishes.

Ji Yong wandered at the house “It’s a big change” he noticed. He stopped by at the veranda and he saw “Mi-Min Jung?” he calls, Min Jung turned around to know who the one is calling her “Ye-yes? May I help you? Uhmmm who are you?” Ji Yong widens his eyes ‘Oh well, it’s been a long time, I can’t blame her though!’ he thought.

Dara we’re searching for Ji Yong, technically she was just assuring it, if Ji Yong is really at their house. Then she heard Min Jung talking to someone, “Are you looking for Omma?” she said, then Ji Yong answered “Technically, I’m looking for you and for your Omma!” ‘He is really here!’ she thought.

“H-here you are! I’ve been looking for you! Oh, you already met your u-uncle Ji Yong!” Seunghyun in, well he can’t let Ji Yong tell something to Min Jung at that moment. “Dara is already down here, she didn’t believe me that you are here!” he said, Ji Yong chuckles “It’s okay bro!” “Y-you’re here!?” Dara finally showed up, Seunghyun we’re stunned, seeing his wife wearing a smile, he felt jealous of it, ‘I guess she really misses him that much!’ he thought.

“Where’s the little boy?” he asked, “He’s already sleeping” Seunghyun answered, “As I thought. They we’re at the living room since Ji Yong brought so many things for them especially for Min Jung. “Wow! That’s a lot for Mi-Minjung” Dara said, the couple look at each other and felt something is wrong

Min Jung can’t believe that her uncle ji Yong is here and giving lots of things to them especially for her. She is happy seeing him but at this situation she felt awkward “Kamsamhamnida….” All she can say to Ji Yong. Dara notice that Min Jung is thinking so deeply, “Honey, aren’t you happy seeing your uncle Ji Yong?” “I-I’m happy to see him but I’m too shocked!” she said

“Excuse me, I-I will just got to bed, I have class tomorrow!” Min Jung excused herself. “Kamsahamnida, this is really cool Uncle Ji Yong! Thank You for all of these things!” she continued. “It’s okay dear, I just missed you and your family” he said.

It struck to both Dara and Seunghyun, they just don’t get it, they don’t know what Ji Yong’s agenda is, ‘Is he planning to reveal?’ Seunghyun thought. So it was the three of them, with the awkward silence between them. “Uhmm… so how are you guys?” Ji Yong asks, they looked at each other, “W-were okay! How a-about y-you?” Seunghyun asked, “I’m okay as well, I’m a little bit tired and busy. It’s just that I needed a break that’s why I’m here at korea!”

Dara don’t know what to say, she just listened to Ji Yong. She felt happiness seeing Ji Yong again but she realize that she Seunghyun, Min Jung and Min Hwa, though Ji Yong is really special for her. “Anyway, I have to go guys, it’s a little but late already and I should be resting now.  Oh by the way, I’ll invite you and your children to have a get together, if it’s okay with you guys?” he said “Yeah, yeah… sure!” they both said. So Ji Yong left them with an awkward aura around them.

“So what now dear? He’s back, we should be more careful, Min Jung still don’t know anything” Seunghyun said, Dara agreed to him and because of that they can’t sleep, it’s like it’s the end of the world for them. “Are you happy to see him?” out of the blue, Seunghyun asked it, she can’t answer either can’t look at him ‘I don’t know what to say, Well yeah, I’m happy to see him but no.. I’m just glad to see him back’ she thought.

Seunghyun still waits for Dara’s answer but he noticed that something is wrong, that Dara is thinking what to answer so that he will be okay or will not get jealous about Ji Yong. “Do you still love him?” Seunghyun continued, “No! Of course no honey, I moved on and I love you!” Dara said so defensively.

Seunghyun don’t belive at her at all, it looks like that she still love him “You know what dear? It’s okay. I won’t get hurt” he suddenly said and left Dara dumbfounded. Dara just looked at him feeling the pain.

On his way home, he realized that he made them uncomfortable to each other especially to him. Knowing that he left unexpectedly and not telling and he came back all of the sudden. He knows that he is already old but seeing Min Jung, his daughter to Dara, were surprised that he is Ji Yong.

He didn’t go home straight, he goes to a place that is really special to him and to his special someone, he got out of the car and look at the sky. Wondering, what if he is the one who got her first and all, does it mean that they can live so happy? “why do I regret it now?” he asked himself.

He walks and walks until he got to the spot where the things started, and where the things happened to make their lives too complicated. He open and go inside, reminiscing the things that happened “I guess I can’t really forget you” he said. Then he saw a little picture frame, a picture where him and Min Jung talking to each other.

After a while he then saw another picture frame, a picture of him and Dara. “You’re such a beautiful woman” he said as he touches it “I’m happy that you are happy”

It’s already 2am in the morning, he realizes that he really missed Dara, wondering why, all he wants is to avoid the feelings that he had for her. And he knows that Dara already loves Seunghyun.

“All I want is Min Jung knows the Truth and let go of this feelings.”