Three

Truth

Minhwan we’re laughing at his room, “Noona is really funny” he said between his laugh, the door opened, he then saw a dark eyes on fire and a devil noona, “Ya! Noona!” he said. Min Jung walks closer to him, as he stepping backward. “Appa!” he shouts, “Ya Min Hwan!” she hissed “Mommy! Daddy!” he shouts again, “Ya!” she shout as Min Hwan jump in terror.

Seunghyun heard Min Jung shouting, he wonder why is she shouting. You can really feel the angriness of Min Jung, he decided to go where is Min Jung shouting comes from. Then he see Dara, almost going to knock at the door, “Why is she shouting?” he suddenly said, Dara jump off “Oh my goodness, Honey! You scared me!” she said as she put her hand to her chest, closes her eyes and take a deep breathe. She looked at him “Min Jung’s mad at the little boy” she said, Seunghyun furrowed his eyes “What do you mean?” he asked

“That’s not funny Min Hwan!” she said, “Don’t do such thing again, for pete’s sake Min Hwan, you’re going to kill me!” the door opeend, “What is going on? Why are you shouting at your little brother?” Dara asked, she looked at the two young people, but it seems they don’t want to speak, “Hey! Answer you mommy” as he notice it. Min Jung looked at her parents and back to Min Hwan, she walks away by saying “Ask Min Hwan”, Dara and Seunghyun looked at each other, “Min Jung…” but the door already shuts.

Seunghyun and Dara looked at the little boy who we’re grinning, “Now Min Hwan, what did you do to make your noona be mad at you?” Rae asked, “Joking at your noona is not a bad thing to do, but then, you should joke at the right time and place” she continue. Seunghyun sense that is it because of what happened earlierr. “Okay I get it. You told your noona that me and mommy fought and I decided to go away?” he hypothetically ask him, Min Hwan’s curve at his lips disappeared and he bows down “The good thing you should do now is to apologize to your noona, am I right?” he said. Min Hwan looked at his parents “Yes Min Hwan, daddy is right, you should say sorry to your noona” Dara agreed, he bows down and walked away.

-

“Ji Yong!” Ji Yong looked at her “What will you do now?” she continue “ I still don’t know noona, I’m still thinking on what should I do, I want to tell the truth though I don’t want ruin their family, but all I want is Min Jung to see me as her father not her parents closest friend” he said, Dami hissed, thinking what should she do to her brother, “Ji Yong, you are already old, you already know what is right and what is wrong” she said, Ji Yong looked at her “Don’t do such a childish thing” she continue “Noona” he called her, Dami already sensed Ji Yong is already getting mad, “Childish thing Noona? I haven’t decide what should I do, do you know what I feel now noona? I want the feeling of a having a child, my daugther calling me dad, not uncle! Do you know the feeling of longing for a child ha? Noona? Tell me!? Do you know?” he said with the anger on his voice. He clenched his fist but in the end he controlled his anger, he bowed down and sighed “but I can’t have her, Dara loves her so much I want to Min Jung to feel my love , but I can’t” Dami looked at him, shocked she never seen her brother being like that.

-

“I hurt him” she said to herself, the day ends without Ji Yong talking to her. Though she is still shocked on what she saw, it’s not really Ji Yong, her little brother. She walks toward his room but she don’t know what will she going to say to him, though she have to apologize. She sighed, she’s about to knock on the door when it opened “Noona?” confusingly called her, Dami laughed “What are you doing?” he asked her. Dami sighed again “I just want to say sorry” she said “Do what you want to do, like I said, you are already old” she continue “It’s cool noona, maybe I need to have contemplate” he said to her, “I’ve think that I should go away again from them but Min Jung should know already the truth” he continue, Dami looked at him “Ji, do what you want, but think twice or more before doing  or you’ll regret it in the end.”

-

It was then 3 days after his departure to Paris, Dara got really sad and always on panic, Min Jung and Min Hwan we’re afraid, they haven’t seen their mommy being in that state, “Aunt Chaerin, mommy is really scary, what should we do?” as Min Jung calls her aunt Chaerin, “Don’t worry, after my work I’ll go there.” Min Hwan we’re playing when he heard Dara shouts, he slowly search where is Dara. He don’t know what to do when he sees Dara, and the broken pieces of plates scattered around her. “Mommy” he calls her attention, he walks towards her “Mommy?” this time Dara looked at him and smile “Don’t worry Min Hwan, I’m okay, it’s just a scratch” she said.

Min Jung came and she see her mother and the blood on the floor “What happe—“ but before she can finish it, “OMO mommy! Are you okay?” Dara stands and wash her bleeding finger, “Mommy? What just happened? Are you really okay?” Min Jung asked, Dara just smile “Don’t worry, I’m okay, it just slipped to my hands while I’m washing it, by the way you should prepare your upcoming  18th birthday, design your own invitation and look for souvenirs” Dara said. Min Jung sighed “but…” but Dara shoo them away.

[Phone Conversation]

“Hey how are you?”

“I’m fine, what time did you arived there?”

“11 o’clock in the evening, the kids?”

“I already told Min Jung to prepare and design her invitation and look for souvenirs”

“That’s great, honey are you really okay?”

“Hmmm…. Of course, I am, why you ask?”

“You don’t sound okay… don’t worry I’ll be back”

“I love you Seunghyun…”

“I love you too Dara, I have to go, bye! See you soon and the kids!”

“Bye… please take care there”

-

Ji Yong were out to relax when he see Dara, staring blankly at the park. “Stop the car” he said, soon as the car stops, he gets out and goes to Dara, “Hey…?” but Dara ignored him, he wonder why, he sits beside her, waiting for her to be in herseld again. After 10 minutes, Dara is back to herself because she is thirsty, then Ji Yong offered her a drink that made her jump. “Ji!” she said, Ji Yong smiled “When… I…” she stutter “I saw you here, you we’re staring at nothing, I actually greeted you but you actually ignored me, so I wait for you to be in yourself again, before I go” Dara bowed her head down “Mianhae, I think I caused you trouble” she apologize “And thanks for this, I have to go now, Min Hwan might looking for me” she bid goodbye but Ji Yong asks something that made her stop. “Min Jung’s birthday is near. What will you fo to her 18th birthday? As far as I remember, you want to have a celebration like what filipino do, because you are a half filipino…”

“Oh, you’re still preparing for it? Want some help?” Ji Yong asks, but she decline it “No… no… we can already handle it, you already gave her lots of gifts that is really expensive… and now you want to help… it’s too much…” she said “Well you got a point there, but did you already forgot that she’s my daughter too?” he said, Dara froze, “But it’s okay if you really don’t want me to help” he said “Anyway, nice to see you, I have to go too, bye!” he bows down and left her dumbfounded.

 

‘but did you forget that she’s my daughter too?” the line keeps on repeating on her mind until she got home. “Mommy! Where did you go?” Min Hwan asks, “Daddy called awhile ago and he’s looking for you, but I told daddy that you we’re sleeping, because I don’t know what to say to him…” he informed her but she totally ignore him because of what happened awhile ago at the park. He noticed that his mommy is not at herself “Ya!!” he shouts that made her shout “Yes! She’s your daughter J—“ then she cover mouth, “aigoo…” she hissed “Why did you do that baby?” she asked him as she see Min Hwan looking at her “Because… you were staring blankly and I am informing you about daddy called awhile ago…” he said. She holds her chest and took a deep breathe “Don’t do that again…” she nervously said.

While Dara is cooking their dinner, Min Hwan tugged her apron “Mommy…” he called her “Hmmm….” Min Hwan removed his hands to the apron “Who’s J? who’s daughter?” Dara’s eyes widem “Eh? What do you mean?” then he told her that she was shouting something that made him curios about.

-

“Noona, I’m thinking of giving up now on what I am planning” he said “Wae?” Dami stands and goes to him “she forgot everything, and I think they’re not gonna tell her the truth” he sighed “What do you mean? That can’t be Ji, you, Dara and Seunghyun should tell Min Jung the truth, it’s not that I want to have Min Jung… but it’s too unfair on your side, you’re Min Jung’s father, the right father so you have the right to have her too” she said, Ji Yong looked at her, “And isn’t you want her to feel your love for her? Hey… do you want to see them so happy? While you… still suffering and longing for her? I know it may sound so selfish but that’s what you want… you want to have her…” she continue.

-

The night comes between Ji Yong and Dara, both thinking about their daughter, Min Jung. It’s hard for Dara to tell the truth to Min Jung the truth about her true identity, but on the other side, Ji Yong feel so much harder than Dara,  though he don’t want to ruin the Choi family but all he wants is Min Jung to see him as her father. “I’m her father, but I can’t even hug her and kiss her…”

-

The day has come again, another day for Dara to worry about Seunghyun, she misses him a lot already. The door opens, she looked at the door and wait for that someone who opened it “Goodmorning Mommy! I prepare you a breakfast” Min Jung said as she puts the tray on the bed, Dara smiles “Thank you dear” as she caress Min Jung’s face. She ate the breakfast that was prepare for her, while Min Jung watches her to eat it. “Min Jung, why are you watching me? Grab some of it!” Dara said, Min Jung smiled and grabbed some bread, “Mommy” she said, her voice we’re different, it sounds that she wants to ask something to her Mommy, which is true, Dara stopped “Yes dear?” Min Jung playing the bread and looked at her “I heard Min Hwan talking to you last night, he’s asking him something that really bothers him and me lot , but you didn’t answer him, why?” Dara stopped eating, she wipes her lips and sighed “It’s nothing to bother dear, I was remembering something about your uncle Ji Yong” she explained but Min Jung gets more curious about it “What about him Mommy?” she asked, Dara sighed again, caress her face again, “It’s nothing, you don’t have to be bother by that.”

[Phone Conversation]

“Hey honey, how are you?”

“I’m good and already missing you so much honey!”

“Don’t worry, Abeoji shorten my stay here, I’ll be back after 2 days”

“Really? That’s great, now we can help Min Jung prepare for her birthday together”

“Yup! And I miss you too so much, anyway news?”

“Oh yeah, I met Ji Yong accidentall, he wants to help us...”

“Oh…”

“but the thing is I accidentally shout something that made the 2 kids bothers and curious”

“so? What did you said to them?”

“I said it was nothing”

“Oh… anyway, I have to go now”

“that fast? Okay… I love you so much Seunghyun…. I miss you… Take care”

“I love you too, I’ll be back soon don’t worry, take care too”

-

Min Jung we’re jogging around the park, earbuds plugged to her ears, when she bumps to someone, she hissed and looked up, to her surprised she immediately bows down. She removes the earbuds in her ears and bows down again, “Mianhamnida” she said “Mianhae uncle Ji Yong” she said, Ji Yong laugh at her “Stop… it’s cool.” They jog together at the park, Ji Yong noticed that Min Jung is thinking something so deep “Is there something bothers you a lot, Min Jung?” he asked but she ignored him ‘Now I was being ignore by the daughter…’ he thought. “Min Jung?” he called her “Ne… ne… uncle?” Ji Yong laughs ‘just like your mother’ he thought “I was asking you something” he smile “you we’re? OMO Mianhae” she bows down “I was asking if something is bothering you, you we’re staring at nothing” he asks and she all can do is sighed.

-

Dara mentioned it? But she said it was nothing? So I’m right, they’re not planning to tell Min Jung the truth. “Uncle, by chance, do you have a daughter?” I froze at her question, she we’re waiting for me to answer it, but I don’t know what to answer, this is not the right time and place for me to tell it, but what should I say? “Uncle Ji Yong? Are you okay?” she snapped me back to the reality, I cough and I look at her “I’ll just answer that after your birthday…”