Time is Ticking

Castle of Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘How far would you go for someone you love?’ Her soft, alluring voice echoed into his ear.

 

            JaeSun breathed slowly, he could hear the uneven, soft pumping of his heart in his chest. He felt the needles that continuously poked into his skin to draw out the blood. He could even hear the soft voices of the doctors that analyzed his body’s state. Although his body was there, his mind was elsewhere; trapped in memories of centuries ago.

           

‘My wife is sick…please Hyuna help me.’ He pleaded in a soft voice.

 

            “I think he’s having a nightmare.” One of the nurses whispered to the doctor. “Should we wake him up?”

            “No,” The doctor responded, “We wouldn’t want to frighten him or else he could kill us.”

 

‘Falling in love with a human has had its price on your head. I want your first born in exchange for your wife’s health.’ Hyuna’s dark purple eyes pierced into his own black ones.

           

            Jaesun breathed out slowly, his fingers twitched in response to the coldness he felt around him. Donghae’s face appeared in his mind, but it wasn’t the same Donghae in the present day; he was much colder. ‘How could you.’ He whispered with solemn eyes, ‘How could you…’ his voice faded away along with the image of Donghae.

           

            ‘My first born?’ It took him a minute to consider it, but the screams of his wife didn’t allow the thought to process further. ‘Deal.’ His voice faded and he could only see the coldness in Hyuna’s eyes with her wicked smirk.

 

            JaeSun slowly opened his black eyes, and the memory vanished into thin air. The doctor grabbed a needle with a strong liquid that was used to knock out strong animals. He inched closer to JaeSun’s still body and froze when Jiyeon appeared before the hospital bed with small knives in her hands; her eyes turned green and turned into a taunting clock, “Your time is ticking, Doctor.” She smirked viciously, “How much time do you have left?” she asked in an eerie voice. The doctor became hypnotized with the clocks in her eyes and watched as the seconds ticked slowly. She released the knives before she sent a hard kick into the doctor’s stomach; he cried out in pain.

            Jiyeon lifted her hand and the knives rose from the ground and with one swipe they stabbed the quivering nurses. She gabbed the syringe from the doctors hand and stabbed it into his neck before she whispered, “Time’s up.” She squeezed the liquid out with a wicked smile. The doctor falls dead and she twirls and smiles at JaeSun. Her eyes turned back to black. “Hyuna will have SungMin in matter of minutes…” she sat beside him and watched him carefully.

            He cracked a smile and exhaled tiredly, “Good. I’m glad he’s being useful.” He nodded once and then looked up at the ceiling, “What else do you see?”

            Jiyeon bit her lips together and cleared before she whispered, “Donghae is finally with Hyukjae, but he’s unconscious at the moment. He’s still in shock.” She explained with no emotion.

            “How long does Sungmin have to live?” JaeSun stared at the ceiling.

            Jiyeon focused on the latter, but she couldn’t see very well; the image was hazy. “I can’t see him very well anymore. Perhaps he’s already dead.” She breathed deeply and looked off to the side when SungMin’s clear crying visage appeared in her mind.

            “Protect Donghae, Jiyeon.” He stared at her. “That’s your only purpose in life-” his voice was low.

            “As well as Hyukjae’s…” She looked at him and nodded, “I’ll protect with my life.” She vowed with a smile. “Don’t worry about anything at the moment. I’ll get rid of the bodies while you rest.” She stood and walked towards the doctor’s body.

            “Jiyeon when will my time be up?” he watched her.

            Jiyeon froze, and slowly turned to face him. Her black eyes turned into green ticking clocks but she quickly shut her eyes, and forced them away. “S-Sir…” she opened her black eyes and approached him, “Dont worry about it.” She smiled gently, “Death is all a part of life, and as long as Donghae is ok…then nothing else should worry you.” She smiled sweetly when JaeSun nodded.

            “I’ll be back.” She walked out of his room and smiled when she saw the three police men.

            Kangin grabbed his gun, but Jiyeon appeared before him and pinned him against the wall. Her black eyes turned green and showed him a clock; his eyes widened as he stared into her eyes, “What the…”

            Jiyeon pulled away and took a step back, “His time is ticking.” She hissed under her breath. 

            Leeteuk and Shindong exchanged glances before they stared at her, “You can see death?”

            “The future.” She corrected with a small smile, “But yes, I can see death.” She watched them carefully, “His time is almost up.” She looked up at the clock on the wall and then turned back at the policemen.

            “Who’s!?” Shindong approached her but she took a step back.

            “Your friend’s.” she answered simply.

            Leeteuk’s eyes widened, “Siwon!” They scrambled out of the hospital and jumped into their vehicle. 

 

 

 

 

            Hyukjae watched Donghae with interested eyes as he held him protectively in his arms. He smiled lightly when he saw the lightning inked into Donghae’s hand and he stared at his own mark. He lifted his hand and lightly brushed his fingers down Donghae’s cheek, “I will protect you, Donghae.” He promised and leaned closer to the latter’s sweet face, “Donghae?” he whispered and nudged him lightly.

            Donghae’s eyes opened and he quickly scrambled away from Hyukjae in fear, “W-Who are you!?” He stared at him and breathed heavily. That actually stung Hyukjae; for someone he’s seen all of his life he didn’t expect to be treated like a stranger. Donghae gulped, “Are you going to hurt me?”

            “I’m your guardian, Donghae.” Hyukjae extended his arm and showed him the ocean wave inked into his skin, “That’s your element…and that,” he pointed to Donghae’s mark on the side of his wrist, “is my element. We were bounded together at birth…I am here to protect you, so don’t be afraid.” He took a step towards Donghae carefully, and smiled when the younger looked calmer. He knelt down and smiled at him, “Don’t trust anyone else so easily though.”

            Donghae smiled a bit and nodded, “I didn’t know I had a guardian.” He stared at the ocean wave on Hyukjae’s lef wrist and smiled lightly, “What’s your name?” He felt grateful that he wasn’t completely alone, and even though Hyukjae was a bit intimidating he didn’t feel afraid of him.

            “Hyukjae.” He smiled and watched Donghae carefully. He could read Donghae like an open book.

            Donghae beamed, “And I’m Donghae,” He stuck out his right hand and smiled when Hyukjae chuckled and shook his hand. “Can you show me…your element?” Donghae stared at Hyuk with curious eyes.

            “Are you sure?”  Hyukjae’s voice was deep as he teased the latter, but he only smiled when Donghae answered with a light blush. His eyes flashed white at the same time lightning ripped through the sky behind him. Donghae’s jaw dropped as he stared into Hyukjae’s eyes, “Now your turn.” Hyuk teased. He knew Donghae didn’t know how to use his power.

            Donghae pouted, “I-I-”

            “I know.” Hyukjae said softly, took Donghae’s hand, lifted it and pecked his knuckles gently. “Do you have any idea how it feels to be close to someone you’ve seen your whole life?” he looked up and noticed the accelerated heart beat of the latter.

            Donghae swallowed dryly and st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter