Monster Within

Castle of Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            His small cries came out as small pants while burning tears streamed down his eyes and landed on his knees-which he held close to his chest; he was wrapped up into a ball as he cried heavily. He didn’t dare look up to see the destruction, the ashes, the remaining pigments of the ravished home he once visited frequently. He cried heavier as he thought about the most important person in his life. What will he do when he saw this? How could he ever console him when he could hardly console himself?

            Siwon slowly kneeled in front of KyuHyun and gently placed his hand on his small shoulders, “Hey, kid…its ok.” He cooed as he patted his back gently, “I’m sorry for your loss….” He looked down, unable to look into KyuHyun’s sore brown eyes, “Were they your parents?”

            KyuHyun shook his head and wipes his burning eyes with his sleeves, “N-No.” he shook as he cried, “I came here more than my own home though…” he looked down at his hands and bite his lower lip while trying to calm himself down, “They’re my best friend’s parents…” he looked up to meet Siwon’s eyes, “A-Are they really dead?” he asked in small voice.

            Siwon looked down at his police vest and struggled to comfort him, “I’m sorry.” He whispers and then pulls KyuHyun into his arms.

            KyuHyun held him as he cried in his chest, he drenched his pretty police outfit with his tears. He felt so thankful to have Siwon as some sort of comfort; he even began to picture himself as a police officer when he grew up. It seemed like a good idea at the time, to help people and comfort them when they’ve lost someone, but then reality slowly sunk into KyuHyun’s mind. “H-How did they die?” he already knew the answer, but he needed to hear it from someone else.

            Siwon exhaled deeply and brushed his finger against KyuHyun’s hair, “Fire.” He says and with that simple word KyuHyun’s eyes widened as big as marbles; he began to shake as he cried harder.

            “No….No…” Tears streamed down his face as he continuously shook his head, “Please tell me it’s not true!” he wailed. Siwon quickly pulled him into his arms and tried to calm him down.

            Leeteuk slowly approached them, “We haven’t found what caused the fire…” his eyes were wide as he looked down at the ground, “It’s like it started on its own. In some unexplainable way…” he looked up and met Siwon’s eyes.

            KyuHyun looked down and forced himself to stay put, but on the inside he could feel the heat growing; anger was boiling inside of him to the point where he was beginning to sweat.

            “I’ll be back.” Siwon tells him before they both walk off towards the house.

            The bodies of Sungmin’s parents had completely disintegrated in the fire; they were gone.

            Firefighter trucks, Ambulance and police cars surrounded Sungmin’s house. Sungmin slowly made his way towards his house, and once he stood in front of it he fell to his knees. He shook his head and gently cried as he looked over at the firefighters and  then his eyes met KyuHyun’s.

            KyuHyun felt guilty as he looked into his best friend’s eyes. He shook his head quickly while SungMin’s eyes welled up with tears. “I didn’t mean to…” KyuHyun whispers and then he looks down at his hands as tears fell from his eyes, “I didn’t do this…” he cried, “I didn’t do this…” he whispered.

            Tears rolled down SungMin’s eyes as he stared at KyuHyun; his heart was sinking lower and lower. He balled his hands into tight fists and something built inside him that he never thought he’d feel for KyuHyun; anger boiled within him.

            “I didn’t…” KyuHyun promised under his breath.

           

            They were barely four when Sungmin’s parents died in a terrifying fire accident; the fire destroyed the house. The fire was strangely powerful and everyone began to suspect Lee JaeSun had something to do with this tragedy, but he didn't know SungMin's parents personally. 

            Before the fire, KyuHyun and SungMin were inseparable. KyuHyun spent more time at SungMin’s house than he did at his own. His parents didn’t mind, they loved KyuHyun as well, but then something happened that began to worry KyuHyun. SungMin’s father was offered a job out of the country and it was an offer they couldn’t refuse.

            SungMin was moving. He was close to leaving KyuHyun forever…until the fire accident happened that killed his parents instantly.

            They both had discovered there was something different about KyuHyun by the way his anger took over him; fire normally followed shortly. It had scared them both, but SungMin wasn’t willing to leave KyuHyun alone in this.

            KyuHyun had a short temper. His anger was terrifying to anyone he disliked; his parents were his biggest victims since they both always harassed him and verbally abused him for being such a hot head. His parents told him numerous times that they hated him, that they wished he was never born, that he was nothing like the son they had dreamed of.

            KyuHyun’s hatred only grew from then on, but the only person that could ever calm him down was SungMin.

            Losing him would be a tragedy.

            So when the fire killed his parents he really didn’t blame SungMin for thinking he did it. Even KyuHyun himself blamed himself for the fire because days before he wished SungMin would stay with him.

 

 

            “I’m sorry.” KyuHyun whispers as he sat on the bench that faced the play ground, “I-I didn’t mean to…” he closed his eyes and felt tears nearing once more.

            SungMin sat beside him and had stayed quiet for over an hour; he just stared in front of him with a pale face and sore eyes. He had cried himself to sleep every night since his parents had died. He looked down at his feet and shook his head slowly as tears escaped his eyes once again.

            “I...I know I shouldn’t have, but I couldn’t help it, SungMin. I wished for you to stay with me…and now your parents are gone.” His voice broke and he forced himself to look away as tears threatened to escape, “It’s all my fault,” he whispers, “I don’t know how I did it, SungMin…I don’t know how…its like there’s a monster inside of me…” he closed his eyes and shook gently as tears rolled down his cheeks, “There’s a monster inside of me, SungMin, I would never purposely kill your parents. Please, you have to believe me.” He pleaded.

            SungMin turned and stared at him; he only nodded his head, “I believe you.” He whispers and inched closer to him slowly. He pulled KyuHyun into his arms and hugged him tightly, “I lost them…” he whispers, “I can’t lose you too, KyuHyun. I know this fire power scares you, but just know that I will never leave you alone with this.” He pulled away from the hug and stared into KyuHyun’s eyes, “You’re not a monster.” He says simply before wiping away KyuHyun’s tears, “You’re not a monster.” He repeats once more.

            KyuHyun sniffled and pulled SungMin into his embrace, “Where will you stay?” He thought SungMin would stay in the orphanage that was near their house.

            “With my uncle…” he smiled and shrugged, “He’s adopting me, but don’t worry I’ll come over as much as you need me. I know your parents can give you a hard time with your temper…but remember don’t let it get out of control, KyuHyun. You could burn down your own house without meaning to.” He stared at him and felt a bit afraid of that actually happening.

            KyuHyun stared into SungMin’s eyes, “I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter