Slaved under the Crescent Moon

Castle of Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “What is water’s greatest enemy?”

            They sat across from one another, on a small table with two books in front of Donghae.

            Donghae stares into his father’s eyes and he smiles warmly, “Fire.” He didn’t have to think about it, or look through the book.

            “Which one is stronger?”

            Donghae tilts his head as he thinks, “It depends…if there is more fire then water is weaker. But if there is more water then fire is weaker.” He smiles proudly.

            “Good.” His father praises and thinks for a moment longer before proceeding. “What is stronger than both?”

            “Nature…?”  Donghae shrugged while Jaesun smiled and parts his lips to answer but then Jiyeon comes storming in.

            “Master, there is someone in the last section of the mansion…I think they’re trying to steal the pills!” she was breathing heavily while JaeSun’s eyes only widened; he glanced at Donghae and places his hands gently in his arms.

            “Remain calm. I’ll go check what’s happening…” he stands and walks off but before he leaves he turns to tell Jiyeon, “If I am gone too long…you know where to take him. I don’t want to risk anything…” he says and she quickly nods; he walks off.

            Donghae looked around the room with a small worried frown on his face. He looked over and stared at the fish tank; his eyes were focused on the water and it suddenly and slowly began to shake.

            Jiyeon presses her hand above her heart and tries to calm down her breathing, ‘Even humans will be after him…we can’t be too careful…’ she forces a smile, “Donghae…” she looked at him but he continued to stare at the fish tank. “Don’t worry, you’re father will take care of everything.” She smiles.

            The water pressed against the glass and it slowly spread on both sides of the tank.

           

            JaeSun slowly tiptoes into the very end of the Mansion; it was on the backside where he kept all of his inventions. Millions of pills filled with power, power that could easily change your life forever. He began to make these pills due to his past reckless behavior but he never stopped because he knew they were vital for Donghae. If people became powerful then they would distract the creatures from Donghae.

            JaeSun presses his back against the wall and listens carefully. He was waiting for the right moment, but he didn’t know how soon this moment would come. His eyes popped open and he looked over to the nearest window; the sun was dipping, producing a vibrant glow that made the crescent moon suddenly stick out with its hidden powers.

            Sohee and her brother, Xiumin were the ones who found a way to break in; they both had a way with being stealthy but the much clumsier one managed to trip over something and make an abrupt sound. “Why are we even here?” Sohee hissed whiel looking around; her heart beat was pounding and she could feel the sweat building just from how nervous she was.

            “The pills….” Xiumin’s eyes widened as his fingers gently wrapped around the plastic bag filled with the yellow pills. “They’re said to give you power…its what we need Sohee!!” he exclaims and she shushs him, “We need this to be strong enough to endure all the bull we have to go through at home.” He was breathing heavily. They were inside of a huge room that was stacked with bags filled with different colored pills; each one representing a different type of power.

            SoHee sighs and stared at the bag, “Xiumin, we have to go because if we’re caught, say goodbye to our life.” She mumbles and then pulls him out of the room by dragging him.

            He stuffs the plastic bag into his pocket and then they quietly made their way out of the storage room. They tiptoed out to the back and Xiumin ran towards a window and quietly pulled it up, “Go, Sohee.” He whispers loudly.

            SoHee nods and climbs out of the window.

            JaeSun watched them with interested eyes, “How interesting…” he smiles but then freezes in place. Something felt weird…it was a familiar feeling that he hadn’t felt in such a long time. Only one person in all the worlds made him feel this way. His eyes widened, “Hyuna…” he curses her name then takes out his phone and sends Jiyeon a message.

            ‘Get Donghae out of here. Be careful of the Crescent moon.’

            Jiyeon stared at the message, “Let’s go Donghae!” she takes him and runs out of the room and out of the house. She pushed him into the car, “I need you to duck and not make too much noise…can you do that for me?”

            Donghae stared at her and nodded, “O-Okay…” he felt scared but he wasn’t sure how to exactly ask her when he had no idea what was going on. He gets down behind the seat and hides while he shut his eyes tightly. Jiyeon steps on the gas and drives off.

            Sohee and Xiumin were running as fast as they could; they were gasping for air and trying to stay hidden, but they were being spotted everywhere they turned.

            Police cars chased them. For more reasons than one; they just really wanted to take away the pills and do studies on them. For years they have tried to do experiments on JaeSun’s power, but they were too weak against him.

            Siwon steps out of his police car and with a gun in hand, he runs off after Sohee and Xiumin, “STOP!” he yelled while sprinting towards them.

            “SoHee, here!” Xiumin hands her the pills before he runs a different direction. Sohee was panting, her heart beat accelerated and she managed to run into an alley; she breathes out and climbs up a garbage can then pulls herself up through pipes that ran along the cheap apartments. She was stealthy, so she had no problem in this; she always managed to get out of the sticky situations her brother put her through. He was always getting into trouble and somehow she always ended up being the one to save him. She pulled herself up the roof then sprinted off. Her long black hair fell from its pony tail and she keot turning to see if she was safe, or not.

            Leeteuk, another police officer, pulled himself up the roof and pointed the gun towards her; he stood feet in front of her, “Hands up!” he commanded and she was quick to obey.

            Her breathing slowed while her hands raised up in the air, “Sorry officer….” She says in a sweet voice, “I would love to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter