Connected at Birth

Castle of Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            His eyes studied the sleeping child; he reaches into the hospital bed and lifts the new born. With a strong hand, he places it on the child’s head and closes his eyes while images of the future surged into him; he nearly winced when he felt the flames tickling his hand and emerging closer to his shoulder. He pulls away and releases a long exhale while he studied the child, “This one will be interesting…”

            Jiyeon stared at him; she stood behind him with her head bowed, “Sir, Lee JaeSun…we’re not allowed to be here…” she was nervous while she looked around at the newborn babies sleeping soundlessly around.

            “We need a distraction….” He replies with a coy smile. He glances at Jiyeon and glances at her bag, “Hand me the pills.” He says simply and she didn’t dare disobey; she rummages through her purse and hands him the plastic bags filled with different colored pills.

            “Sir…” Jiyeon gulps and made sure to keep her distance, “Please…the nurses will come in any second.” She glances at the door.

            “Donghae is the last original…if I give a baby power then the creatures will become confused….” He says while breaking the pills into a bottle that was placed near the baby’s plastic bed. He mixed in the powder of the five pills with the baby formula.

            “Five pills is too much!” Jiyeon gasped and glanced at the baby-who was still asleep.

            “I need my distraction to be credible.” He says simply and feeds the baby the formula.

            “What’s his name…?” Jiyeon was curious. It was more than likely she would see this baby once again; once he was older she was sure him and Donghae would cross paths.

            “Kyuhyun…” he shrugged and looked over at another baby that was sound asleep. “This one…” he breathed out and handed Jiyeon KyuHyun, “Finish feeding him.” He orders and approaches the other child; his eyes fixated on the innocent closed eyes. He reached down and placed his palm on the baby’s forehead and closed his eyes; images of the future began to cloud his brain. He groaned and quickly pulls away, “Give me more pills, Jiyeon.” He orders and tries to catch his breath. “Donghae will be safe…I’ll make sure of it.” He whispers while staring at the baby.

            “What’s his name?” Jiyeon asks while handing him the bag of pills.

            “SungMin.” He turns and breaks the pills into SungMin’s bottle, “The perfect distraction.” His eyes glowed as he lifts the baby and feeds him the formula, “I need you to make sure of something Jiyeon.”

            “Anything, Sir.”

            “Find me another child. I need someone who can protect Donghae.” He stared at Jiyeon and she quickly nods.

            “Yes Master.” Jiyeon nods once and looks down at KyuHyun. Her eyes widened when she felt the change in the child.

 

 

           

 

 

 

            Her body was shaking, her breathing was off and her heart beat was thumping against her chest while she stared down at his feet; unable to look him straight into his dark eyes, “I-I heard you needed….help.” she whispers while she moves aside and allows him to walk into her small house.

            He walks inside and scans around automatically, “I made it clear of what I needed.” He said simply, but his voice was still strong. He was tall and well built so naturally many people found him intimidating-especially with all the power he was capable of. It was a great power that he didn’t attempt to hide from anyone which was the main reason why he needed help in the first place.

            Min Jee walks off towards the cribs and lifts the baby boy gently while she stared into his eyes. Her baby boy wasn’t even a week old, so he could hardly keep his eyes open, and if he was woken up he would just scream and cry. She was careful with him in her arms, she walks over to him and hands him her baby.

            Lee JaeSun lifts the little baby boy and inspects him with a small smile spread across his face. His instincts told him that there was some potential in the little human in his arms. “What is his name?” he glances at the mother.

            “Hyukjae.” She says softly. She was fidgeting in place, her hands were intertwined one second then rubbing against each other the next; she was unsure of what she was doing. MinJee was far too poor and unable to support her family to allow this opportunity to pass. She couldn’t help but feel fear when it came to Lee JaeSun, he was the most powerful man alive and could easily cause harm on her and her son without worry or hesitation.

            “Hmm,” he inspects the baby’s gums then his eyes then his ears, “Any diseases? Does he have any health issues that I should be aware of?” He was testing her honestly at this point. He had the ability to feel if there was something wrong with him, and he felt him very healthy in his arms…except for his constant cries. He was wondering if he would grow up to be emotional.

            “He’s healthy, sir.” She says in a timid voice. “No diseases run through his family.” She stared at her little boy and felt a pinch in her heart and began to ache from keeping her concerns hidden. She wondered if he would feel pain or agony with this binding.

            “Good.” JaeSun smiles and takes out a little bag from his pocket. “Where is his bottle?” he scans around the small house.

            MinJee walks off to grab Hyukjae’s prepared bottle. She hands it to him then grabs her baby from him; he held him closely to her. She pecks his head and mentally prays that this was a good decision. She stares into his closed eyes and felt her heart beat thumping faster by the thought of his future. Would he hate her for what she was doing to him?

            JaeSun takes five pills from his small plastic bag. He breaks them and allows them to mix in with the formula. He caps the bottle and shakes it a couple of times before sticking out his arm towards MinJee. 

            MinJee hands him Hyukjae and watches them in horror, “This wont hurt him…right?” her voice was shaky, she had to force herself to stay back.

            “He won’t feel a thing.” He cracks a smile and presses the bottle near Hyukjae’s lips. He stares at Hyukjae’s single-lidded closed eyes and he manages to crack a smile while imagining the future that was planned for him.

            “Isnt five pills too much?”

            “I need him to be powerful enough for what he is destined to do.” He replies simply. He couldn’t give her the answers she wanted because even he was unsure of what dangers were in the future. “I hope you realize how your son’s life will be from now on.” He glances down at Hyukjae and smiles when he sees he was finally drinking his formula.

            MinJee looks at him. She was too scared to inquire any more.

            “Donghae is his priority. He will feel when my son is danger. No matter what is going on with Hyukjae, my son will always come first. This could be a curse…depending on what kind of dangers are in stored for my son in the future. All I can tell you is that my son is in danger already due to all the power and money that he possesses, but for now I will be the one to protect him…Once he grows up I may not be here anymore, so Hyukjae will be forced to protect him afterwards.” His words left MinJee even more confused than before. What kind of monsters would be after a baby? He didn’t even have any power…well not the kind that JaeSun had.

            Hyukjae made little noises while he drank all of his formula. He was feeling sleepy, so he closes his eyes and made small groans while he drank all of his formula. Once he was done, his lips puckered and he stayed that way until JaeSun pulled the empty bottle from him.

            JaeSun sets the empty bottle to the side. He raises his hand and presses his palm onto Hyukjae’s forehead. The elder’s eyes begin to glow dark green as he whispers a chant in Latin.

            “What are you doing!?” MinJee was beginning to panic because even she could feel the power that he was passing to her baby.

            “Your son is bound to my son.” He whispers and smiles viciously while pulling his hand away from the child. “His priority is my son’s safety.” He says while handing her back her son. “It’s an unbreakable bond. If you don’t believe me and you want proof, just look at your son’s left hand.” He smiles and hands her a bag filled with money, “Thank you for your cooperation, and your help.” He smiles and walks out of her small house without another word.

            MinJee hugs her sleeping son tightly. She was near in tears but she kept telling herself this was for the better; for all of her family. Her family was in dire need of money and if she hadn’t done this they would have ended up living in the street.

            She sniffles and slowly lifts her son’s left hand, she gapes at the small inked mark that appeared on the side of his wrist and went up to his thumb.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter