First Born

Castle of Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The howling had died down and when Hyukjae felt safe enough, he had decided to stop running, but a strange, uncomfortable feeling crept up suddenly. He frowned and looked around their surroundings before he turned to look at Donghae, “Do you smell that?” he nearly hurled by the disgusting, dirty smell, but before he could ask what it was someone crept up towards them.

            He was tall, muscular and his pale skin glowed in the darkening sky. Donghae gasped when he noticed the piercing silver eyes and then his eyes drifted to the stranger’s bright, light blue hair. He smirked and looked Donghae up and down before he looked over at Hyukjae, “Which one of you is it?” he nearly hissed. “I-I can smell something so…” he inhaled deeply and that was enough to make him feel high; he snickered before he whispered breathlessly, “wonderful.” He finished with a half smile.

            Hyukjae put Kibum down on the ground and pushed Donghae behind him, “Leave.” He ordered, “There’s nothing here for you, so just run along home to the rest of your pack.” He almost teased.

            T.O.P, the blue-haired wolf was clearly offended by the sudden wideness of his eyes. He glared into Hyukjae’s eyes and softly growled like a wild animal. He slowly crouched down, preparing himself to attack Hyukjae in one swift move but then a distinct howling, miles away from them was being projected. Top’s eyes widened and he slowly backed away as he glared at Hyukjae, and then he turned to glare at Hyukjae, “I’ll see you soon.” He said with a smirk before he transformed into a huge werewolf and then he left rapidly.

            Donghae just stood there in complete shock, “I-I don’t understand.” He confessed with a small frown. “Why is this happening to me?” he pouted and then began to think more and more about his father. Hyukjae sensed his uneasiness- hell, he unwillingly began to feel everything that Donghae felt: anguish, anxiety, nervousness, panic, etc.

            “Hey, Hey!” He grabbed Donghae by his shoulders and made him look at him, “Listen to me, you have nothing to worry about, okay? I won’t let him, the witch and her demonic cat, the leeches, the wolves, and any other monster hurt you, do you understand? For as long as I shall live, Donghae, my life purpose is to ensure your safety.” He spoke so slowly and gently that Donghae instantaneously began to felt at ease. They stared into each other’s eyes for a moment, and then Hyukjae smiled, “You have nothing to worry about.”

            Donghae was completely lost in his eyes, “Hyukjae…” he whispered as he inched closer to him. In a split second, something began to happen to him, sudden emotions flooded him and he was completely confused. Something in him told him that this wasn’t the first time Hyukjae had saved him, something told him that he has always felt a strong connection with Hyukjae- even before he was born. Completely dazed, he inched closer and Hyukjae froze when he realized what Donghae was about to do; their lip were only inches apart, they were so close to closing the little space between them. Donghae slowly closed his eyes and Hyukjae did the same, their hearts raced in sync and once they were centimeters apart, Hae whispered, “why do I feel like we’ve done this before?”

            The trance broke for Hyukjae when he suddenly remembered what his role in Donghae’s life was. He slowly took a step back and stared at Donghae- who’s eyes widened in embarrassment. He was invisible, insignificant- the only thing that mattered was Donghae, and that was it. He had seen it in his dreams, at first he denied the possibility but reality was so strange and crazy that he could not come up with an excuse as to why his dream would be telling him fiction. He saw himself and Donghae in a different life- a previous life, he assumed. And they loved each other unconditionally, and whole-heartedly, but in that time Hyukjae was human and Donghae was powerful; he knew very well how to control his power over his element. Like the present, many strange beings were after Donghae for his power, but his dreams had not revealed what exactly happened in the end of their romance.

            Hyukjae had been staring into Donghae’s eyes while he was lost in his thoughts which made the latter blush deeply. He was embarrassed for almost kissing Hyukjae and he thought that maybe he had offended the elder. “I-I’m sorry.” He muttered and looked away.

            Kibum groaned loudly and Donghae rushed to his aid and knelt beside him, “Kibum.” He placed his cold hand against Kibum’s forehead and pouted, “You’re really heated up, do you feel ill?”

            Kibum slowly opened his eyes and stared at Donghae, “Dong…hae?” he frowned lightly and was completely confused, “W-What happened?” he looked over at Hyukjae and then at Donghae. He nearly puked. “I don’t feel so good.”

            Hyukjae felt uneasy when he heard noises nearby. “Let’s go.” He said simply, grabbed Kibum and threw him over his shoulder. Kibum groaned louder. Donghae stood and followed Hyukjae without inquiring as to where they were going.

            Miles away, Jiyeon stood in front of a mirror without uttering a word. Her breathes were barely audible and her movements had ceased. She finally moved when she heard footsteps approaching. “What to do now?” JaeSun spoke and she could only raise a brow as she stared into her reflection.

            “We shouldn’t be here,” She whispered and looked down. “We cannot be here…not without Donghae and-”

            “Stop.” JaeSun whispered and she obeyed. She turned to look at him and he looked out of the glass wall. “Why wouldn’t I be in my own castle?” he said with a sly smile and then looked back at her. “This castle…” he raised his eyes and stared at the glass walls with a fading smile as gruesome images of a torn family flashed into his mind.

            Jiyeon’s eyes glowed green and a clock began to tick in her eyes, “We don’t have much time.” She began to shake as she quickly looked around at the glass walls, “He’s getting closer to Donghae…”

            JaeSun didn’t flinch, he didn’t say a word even though his blood began to turn cold. He only nodded once and walked away from the small nursery room while Jiyeon slowly trailed behind; she took one last look at the room and smiled sadly before she turned and followed JaeSun.

            Hyukjae, Donghae and Kibum were on the edge of the forest and they stood beside a small lake that glowed a light green blueish color. Hyukjae had aided Donghae to stand near it with determination, “I want you to concentrate.” He guided. “Water is your element…and you must learn how to control it in order to defend yourself-“ Donghae became frightened by the idea, and when his eyes widened Hyukjae thought he had said something wrong so he quickly tried to make it up to him.

            “N-Not that I mind protecting you, I-I just think that it’d be vital for you to become comfortable with it.”

            Donghae smiled and nodded, “Okay.” He cleared his throat and began to concentrate. At first, he couldn’t get it, and he almost gave up, but Hyukjae continued to encourage him to not give up. Donghae smiled, closed his eyes and began to concentrate.

            Kibum sat on the grass a couple of feet away from them and only watched them with curious eyes.

            It took Donghae a couple of tries but the moment he made the water rise a bit he lost control from his excitement. He squealed and jumped into Hyukjae arms from how happy he was. Hyukjae laughed and smiled and embraced him, “Good job.” He chuckled and when they pulled a part Donghae stared at him with a small smile, “Now let’s keep practicing okay?” Donghae smiled and nodded.

            Once Donghae was able to control his element, Hyukjae began to join him and produced small lightning in the darkening sky. Donghae giggled and stared at the sky, he began to concentrate on the clouds; he rose his hands to the sky and began to slowly close them and open them, water ripped through the grey clouds and it instantly began to pour. Hyukjae laughed and Donghae beamed happily. Hyukjae stared into the darkened sky and with a wave of an arm it lightning beams began to fill the sky and they tore through the ground repeatedly; the duo had created a thunderstorm together.

            They laughed happily together and continued to make the storm heavier.

            Neither of them noticed the bright glow that illuminated from their marks that ran through their thumbs to their wrists; the lightning strike on Donghae’s wrist glowed yellow and the wave on Hyukjae’s glowed a bright blue.

            Kibum raised a brow as he watched the glowing marks and his eyes slowly widened when he realized that the duo in front of him were linked together by some strong outside force. He slowly stood and wanted to approach them but a noise behind him made him turn.

            Donghae and Hyukjae smiled blissfully at one another and even though they were completely soaked from the rain they did not budge; they stood close to each other- almost close enough for an embrace. “Thank you.” Donghae whispered. Hyukjae could only smile, he couldn’t take all of the credit because he knew Donghae always had it in him. Hell he knew just how powerful Donghae was, not because everyone was after him, but because he could feel the power coursing through Donghae’s body- everyone always comments on how amazing the smell of that power was, but Hyukjae was more intoxicated by it than anyone. Because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter