Taking over Me

Castle of Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            “Time in the Demon World is much faster than the human world.” JaeSun had once told me when he dropped off clothes for me; the pants were too dark for my liking and the shirt was a tank top, but he luckily also brought me a normal black t-shirt. I pretended to ignore that it was a v-neck.

            That felt like it happened a long time ago.

            I had even aged; I looked like I was already hitting fourteen while Donghae was still little. I could see him so perfectly, in every moment of his day, and I had the ability to interpret his feelings.

            At first, I yearned to loathe this child that ruined everything for me. Why was he so damn important and why was I the one who got stuck guarding him?! Am I so insignificant….my life means nothing compared to this…this…I can’t even insult him properly!

            I really did try to hate him…to take my anger out on him.

            But I couldn’t. I couldn’t hate someone who I knew better than anyone else. The hatred vanished when I saw his warm smile and bright brown eyes that somehow made me feel weak. Why does he have such an affect on me?

            I placed my hand on my heart and closed my eyes tightly. My mind became clouded as I concentrated on Donghae, and soon enough I could see him sitting somewhere with his finger running through the lightning bolt mark.

            Donghae…

            Donghae…

            Sometimes I debate whether or not someone as beautiful as you could actually exist. I see you, I feel you….but when will I actually see you? I keep doubting myself , I keep accusing my mind for playing tricks on me. Why would anyone want to hurt you, Donghae?

            This wanted child was taking over me completely, I no longer cared for myself. All that mattered was Donghae…his safety is what I live for. 

           

 

 

            Something was wrong.

            Terribly wrong; it was getting to the point where I could feel Donghae’s agonizing pain. I felt like I was suffocating, so I pressed my hands around my neck and squeezed a bit as I closed my eyes and focused on Donghae.

            I saw fire surrounding his limp body, his hand was glowing and I felt a sudden pain in my stomach as I noticed my own mark was glowing as well. I looked up at the sky and mentally cursed JaeSun for not explaining to me how to get out of here. I balled my hands into fists and stared at the sky; I was concentrating on him so much that I didn’t notice a Demon was lurking behind me.

            ‘Appa…’ I heard Donghae whisper in a weak voice.

            His weakness made me feel sick; I was failing already and my body was growing hot as I glared onto the sky.   

            Donghae…

            Donghae…

            I have to save you…please hold on a bit longer for me.

            I stared at the ocean wave mark on my wrist and focused on the glowing; my hands becoming lost with the ocean wave. I could feel a sudden power growing on my hand.

            The dark sky of the Demon world began to cry; lightning strikes flashed a bit and then they came attacking the ground. The white light contrasted the dark aura, and was causing many Demons to come out of their hiding areas. The turned away or else they would become blind from the lightning strikes.

            I’d give up everything just to find you, Donghae…

            “What the hell…” I heard someone behind me mumble but I ignored him. He could attack me for all it really mattered. My life was meaningless anyway.

             I looked up at the sky and focused on the lightning, my brown eyes turning white; the lightning strike crashed in front of me and then I vanished. The feeling was completely confusing because everything became dark, so I pressed my right hand on my left and squeezed the glowing mark; it was the only thing I could see.

            I was teleported into the burning room, I looked around at the flames burning the walls and the floor, but I ignored the heat. I looked around, “DONGHAE!!” I cried out, and felt my left hand pulsating; I figured it meant I was getting closer to him. I stepped into the living room of the house and nearly gasped when I saw him lying on the floor; his arms were spread out and light flames were crawling around his body. They were draining his power away from him.

            I pressed my hands together with the palms facing up. I lowered them and focused on the flames. I glared at them as the power inside me made the flames get away from Donghae and land on my hands; the fire vanished and I exhaled deeply. I felt weak, but I forced myself to move to his aid.

            I knelt beside Donghae. My heart was pounding when my eyes finally looked at his facial features, “You are real…” I whisper in shock and wrapped my arms around his legs and his head. I lifted him effortlessly and smiled a bit as I stared at him; his eyes were closed and his breathing was slow, but something inside of me made my heart pound loudly, something inside of me made me feel weak.

            I looked around the burning house and focused on the surroundings.

            I focused. Take me somewhere that would help him recover… I closed my eyes and when I opened them I was next to the ocean. I stared at Donghae and felt him growing weaker in my arms, “Hang on longer…” I pleaded and then ran off into the cold water; it was unpleasant for me and made me shiver instantly, but I kept going deeper into the water until it hit my knees.

            Donghae was whimpering softly.

            I closed my eyes and squeezed my hands around his knees and shoulder, “Stay with me Donghae.” I whisper as I gently set him down on the water; I panicked a bit when I see him fall deeper into the cold ocean, but I kept telling myself he would be ok. This was his power after all.

            I had to get out of the ocean. It just wasn’t for me, so I teleported myself to sit on the pier nearby. I watched Donghae float closer to me, but his eyes stayed closed.

            A sudden coldness washed over me, I stared at Donghae.

            How are we so connected…why do I feel everything you feel? I stared at him and shivered as the ice coldness spread up my fingertips and to my shoulders, “Donghae…” I whisper and closed my eyes; I was concentrating on how he was feeling.

            “You’ve got to stay with me…” I whisper and cracked a smile when I felt him slowly recovering underneath the water. “Don’t let anyone take away your power, Donghae.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter