Castle Walls

Castle of Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            The screaming classmates, the deafening sound of the ambulance approaching, adrenaline was rushing through Donghae’s veins as he rushed to Sungmin’s aid; he gasped-fighting a loud cry as he stared at the burn marks on his chest, “Don’t worry.” His voice was soothing, “The ambulance is coming, Sungmin, You’re going to be ok.” He cracked a smile, tears forming in his eyes as he stared at the latter.

            Sungmin gasped for air, his throat sounding hoarse as he stared into Donghae’s eyes; his eyes were a hint of grey, “K-Kyuhyun…” he whispered and breathed heavily trying to fight away the pain in his chest. He moved his head to an angle and stared at the opening of the woods that were burned into nothing; KyuHyun had left a trail.

            Donghae was breathing heavily as his eyes wandered into the woods, “Kyuhyun?” He knew KyuHyun but not personally because the short tempered elder always sneered when their eyes met. Donghae, for an unexplainable reason that made his heart clench, feared KyuHyun; maybe it was the way KyuHyun glared at him every time he was near SungMin. “I’ll go look for him.” Donghae’s voice was small; he felt his heart palpitating against his chest and his hands shaking while his eyes stared at the flames. A dark memory was rising once again into him, and it was making him uneasy. “Fire…?” he frowned and then looked back at SungMin.

            SungMin closed his eyes and breathed slowly, his chest rose up and down; Donghae stared at the burn mark on his chest and his hand twitched as it neared the latter’s chest, “Just sleep, SungMin.” Donghae’s voice soothes SungMin unexpectedly and without another minute SungMiin fell into a deep sleep; one where pain didn’t touch him.

            Donghae’s eyes became hypnotized by the burn mark. His hand placed itself on SungMin’s chest and he slowly felt his palm grow fervent; he gasped when he saw the dark ashes fade away slowly, the mark was diminishing. Donghae’s eyes widen as he stared at his hand glow lightly, “What the…” he whispers as his breathing turned into light gasps.

            “What are you?!” Siwon had walked into the woods shortly, he clutched a pistol in his palm and he stared at Donghae with widened eyes. “What are you doing to him?” he asked, though it was useless when he clearly saw SungMin’s burn marks slowly disappearing before his eyes. “You’re…” He stopped shortly, his jaw dropping and his heart beating faster when he looked at Donghae’s soft visage features.

            Donghae quickly removed his hand from SungMin’s chest-the mark hadn’t disappeared completely. He stood on his feet and slowly backed away, “Its not…” He stopped shortly and began to panic, “I was just helping him.” His voice was small, he was afraid for various reasons but the biggest one was the way Siwon stared into his eyes. Donghae stared at Siwon’s blue police vest and at the golden badge at the corner near his heart.

            “Are you Lee JaeSun’s son?” Siwon asked, his eyes scanning Donghae up and down, “Answer me.” He demanded in a higher voice, he was growing impatient, “If he is, I want you to know that your father is a mass murderer that is a threat to everyone around here-including you! If you come with me…we can run some tests and find a way to turn this power off-not just yours but JaeSun’s as well.” His voice grew softer, “I can help yoou.” He said softly, his arm extending towards Donghae with his palm up, “Let me help you.”

            Donghae stared at his hand and slowly shook his head, “You have it all wrong, I am an orphan. My father and mother died a long time ago, and I know nothing of them, so you’re wasting your time. I am not an experiment, officer, so don’t offer me a masked sanctuary that will only lead to my destruction.” He spoke without feeling, his eyes locked into Siwon’s eyes.

            Siwon starred at him, “You look just like him,” he retorted simply, his eyes looking Donghae up and down with a small frown spread across his face, “Lee JaeSun has you wrapped around his finger, kid, you must understand that he has power beyond belief that must be stopped.” He took a step forward, but Donghae backed away. He exhales and looked away, “If you’re not his son….you’re his puppet.”

            “I just helped someone and you accuse me of being malevolent!?” DOnghae glared at him. “I don’t have time for this.” He whispers, “Help SungMin before he parishes on your account. Your job isn’t only to catch the criminal, officer, but to help the ones in need.” He backs away, aiming towards the woods, “I have a feeling we’ll meet again.”         

            Siwon kneels beside SungMin, he checks for a pulse while looking at Donghae, “We will.” He vows as he watched Donghae disappear into the woods. He grabbed his phone and pressed a button, “I need back up.” He said simply. “Send them into the woods, Kangin. That’s an order.”

 

 

 

 

 

            Her white, long, slender fingers threaded into the brown locks of the younger, her pink eyes pierced his brown ones as she sang a melody that echoed around the lake. Her other hand wrapped itself around the collar of his shirt, she pulled him closer to him but he didn’t notice; he was completely out of it. Her colorful tail swirled around into the water as her pink lips parted; her voice was alluring, even to their surroundings.  “Every one thinks that I have it all, but its so empty living behind these castle walls. These castle walls. If I should tumble, if I should fall, would anyone hear me screaming behind these castle walls? There’s no one here at all…behind these castle walls.” She sang softly, her melancholy voice reeled KyuHyun deeper. Her hand fisted his collar and her face inched closer to his. Her bright pink eyes stayed locked to his as he pulled him deep into the water; her hand gripped onto his arms as she swam deeper into the water. The green, murky lake was becoming lucid; Kyuhyun felt his lungs distinguishing, the fire was withering into nothing.

            KyuHyun didn’t struggle, he wasn’t aware of what was happening.

            The obscure water hid their trail, Taeyeon swam faster as she enters the freezing ocean that made Kyuhyun cry and shut his eyes tighter; water made him grow pathetically frail. He didn’t have enough time to react, he only threw his head back and out completely; the last thing he was able to see were the dark waters that surrounded him.

            Taeyeon lets go of his limp body as soon as they reached Atlantis, the castle hidden deep inside the ocean that was home to her kind; the alluring sirens that fed off of the weak souls of humans-mostly men. “I’ve brought a human!” she hissed and watched KyuHyun’s limp body hit the bottom of the ocean, in front of the stone castle that was covered in sea weed.  

            Taeyeon’s sisters swam out of their rooms and giggled as they surrounded KyuHyun. “Oh! He’s so handsome!” Tiffany squealed as she stared at his soft features. “I call dibbs!” she beamed but sunk lower when Taeyeon flashed a deadly glare.

            Sunny stared at him and frowned, “Don’t humans drown after a minute or so?” she inspected him.

            “Yea…” Seohyun replied, her eyes scanning KyuHyun’s human looking body. “He’s not dead…” she frowned and dared to get closer to him. Her curious pink eyes watched his body in curiosity, wondering why his soul wasn’t being released from his body yet.  

            Taeyeon scoffed, “You’re all out of your mind! He is human because I was able to hypnotize him!” she shrugged and grabbed KyuHyun’s hand before she swam towards the castle; she made her way into her room-dropping the fire wielder on her bed. She stared at him and frowned when she noticed he was deeply asleep, and not dead, “What the hell.” She whispered.

            “Its so empty living behind these castle walls…” she sang once again, her voice reaching KyuHyun’s ears. “These castle walls…if I should tumble, if I should fall would anyone hear me screaming behind these castle walls?” her eyes stayed locked to him. She exhaled deeply, “On top of the world is beautiful…” her voice trails off; she was beginning to panic as she stared at him. “What are you? You look so human…” her eyes slowly widened, “Unless….” A small smile grew and turned into a triumphant smirk, “Unless you’re the one that everyone has been talking about…” her hand brushed against his hair, “You, an ordinary looking boy, could possibly be my ticket to freedom. My ticket to have my own pair of legs and not be trapped under this obscure, loathsome ocean.” She giggled loudly before wrapping her hands around his face, “You will not disappoint me.” Her eyes glowed bright pink as her hand gripped onto his jaw line.

            KyuHyun remained still while Taeyeon ran her fingers up and down his face; her hand trailed down to his neck, “Why won’t you fight me?!” She growled, her eyes growing darker and her teeth becoming sharper. She hissed loudly before sinking her teeth into his chest. Her eyes snapped open and she felt burning; she shrieked in pain and released his skin.

            She swam to her mirror and screamed when she saw her lips burned, but slowly smoothing back to normal.

 

 

 

            Donghae was deeply into the woods, and completely lost. “KyuHyun?” he called once again, his voice echoing around in the woods, “Where are you?” he whispered, feeling hopeless. He headed near a lake that was surrounded by fog; he frowned when he noticed foot prints around the lake. His eyes scanned the water before he dryly gulped, “Kyuhyun?!” he called out to him, and waited a bit longer. He exhaled deeply and slowly inched closer to the water.

            “I’ll find him.” A voice said in the distan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter