Gotta keep my cool, be calm

If We Just Know that We Belong to Each Other.. (A twisted story of Wedding Dress MV)

 

"Hi!" I said standing up as she came toward me. I helped her sit down.

I glanced to where HyeRin is. She is seated near the entrance where she will perhaps meet her boyfriend. She grinned at me.

"Hi.. Dong Youngbae, right?"

"Yeah."

I sat down on my seat.

"Uh. I'm Chloe. Park Chloe."

"Park? You're a Korean? You look like from the west."

"Oh. Yeah. I am half-Korean, half-American."

Omo. Western-type girl, check.

"You mean, you're American in the upper and a Korean in your lower part?"

I tried cracking a joke. I know, it's corny. Let's see how she reacts.

"No, more like American in the left and Korean in the right."

Both of us looked at each other for a moment then burst out laughing.

Can ride my corny jokes, check.

"Oh, sorry. That must be awkward."

She said as she fanned herself with her right hand. Something caught my attention.

"Is that from Chrome Hearts?"

I pointed at her hand.

"This bracelet? Or this ring? They're both there, anyway."

"Really? You love Chrome Hearts? Me too! Look, your ring actually caught my attention because it's the same as mine.."

From there we continued chatting and eating. We talked about so many things that made us comfortable with each other. Aigoo. I enjoyed her company. She's so witty that she can respond easily to me. Unlike my best friend. She's soooo slow. Haha! Don't tell her that, huh?

"Uh-oh. Time flies so fast. It's already 8PM. I have to go."

"I'll send you home.." I stood up and looked to where I last saw HyeRin. I enjoyed Chloe's company that I haven't notice HyeRin has already gone. Where is she? “But.. I have to find my best friend first.”

“Oh yeah. You’re with HyeRin, right? I almost forgot.” She looked around. “Oh. I thought she was sitting there with a guy?”

Oh. So they met already, huh? I didn’t even notice. I dialled her number on my phone. Thank God she picked it up.

“Yoboseyo?”

I waited for the other line to answer. For seconds, it was silent. I repeated.

“Yoboseyo?”

“YoungBae. Wae?” She answered with a voice trying hard to hide her sobbing. Is she crying?

“HyeRin-ah, where are you? When did you leave? Are you crying?”

It was silent again.

“Yah!”

I think I yelled too loud. Chloe seemed to be startled as she starts bowing to the other people in this restaurant to beg for pardon for my noise. I did the same.

“No, YoungBae. I’m not crying. My eyes are just sweating too hard.” She chuckled. “I already went home. I’m safe. Don’t worry. I’m sorry if I haven’t told you.”

“Are you home yet? Tell me, are you okay?”

“Yes, I just arrived. Yes, I am okay. Yah, you have to enjoy your date. How was it?”

I smiled. Though I know she’s keeping something inside, she still finds way to check on me to make sure I did great.

“Good. We’re actually leaving now. You owe me a story, huh?”

“Great, then. Neh. Take care, you two.”

“Bye, HyeRin.”

We ended the call.

Aish. My best friend had suffered on this day, yet I enjoyed mine. I should do something for her, too.

I’ll let her find HAPPINESS.